• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Choose one

• Impossible Burger

Votes: 117 71.3%
  • Vegetarian Burger (Black Bean, Tofu, Quinoa etc)

Votes: 47 28.7%

• Total voters

Kyuur

Oct 28, 2017
Canada
Impossible Burger is a vegetarian burger? Unless there's someone who actually grabbed that brand name.

Mavis

Oct 25, 2017
Blue Mountains
Wimpy Spicy Bean burgers were always the GOAT, preferred them over beef burgers so I'm gonna go with Veggie Burger.

What is the Vegetarian Burger? Like just a generic one?
Impossible Burger is a vegetarian burger? Unless there's someone who actually grabbed that brand name.
I presume they are talking about pretend meat burgers vs burgers made from visible vegetables.

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Impossible tastes pretty close to beef, so if I was looking for a beef substitute I'd go with that. I've had a lot of great bean burgers though.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
There's a thread on the Beyond Burger on the front page. With all the interest, maybe we should have a plant based alternatives OT.

Emwitus

The Fallen
Feb 28, 2018
Its funny that i see everyone raving about impossible burger and beyond when the best veggie meats have been out for years. Morning star grillers/chic patties and "dinner roast" by westington company. Thank me later. Oh and also try fried chic for your stews from loma linda. Veteran vegeterians know what im talking about

Impossible burger and beyond burger taste like shit.

Luminish

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Denver
I probably would have said Impossible Burger back when i first went vegetarian, but after a decade of not eating meat, "tastes like meat" isn't a thing that matters to me.

Morning Star tastes less like meat, but at this point it'd be hard to 100% switch off it and back to meat because getting used to new diets is the hardest part.

Min

Oct 25, 2017
AMAZING-BBQ-Jackfruit-Sandwiches-The-texture-is-spot-on-and-the-flavor-is-BIG-vegan-glutenfree.jpg

Jackfruit burgers, get creative with your recipes.

Emwitus

The Fallen
Feb 28, 2018
I probably would have said Impossible Burger back when i first went vegetarian, but after a decade of not eating meat, "tastes like meat" isn't a thing that matters to me.

Morning Star tastes less like meat, but at this point it'd be hard to 100% switch off it and back to meat because getting used to new diets is the hardest part.
Morning star fist bump

robot

Oct 27, 2017
Have yet to try an impossible burger, but black bean burgers are some good shit and I'm a meat eater.

Nairume

SaGa Sage
Oct 25, 2017
Personally, I like the beyond burger a little more, but the impossible burger was really solid. As for the others, I've never really been able to stand the smell of bean burgers due to when I used to work around them, so I never actually bothered trying them.

hikarutilmitt

Dec 16, 2017
I've still yet to try the Impossible, but I stand by the Beyond products being very good and viable alternatives to real animal proteins. They managed to replicate the texture of chicken really well to where some people cannot tell the difference and their beef crumbles and beast burgers are fantastic. There's even a local burger place I was at last night that serves them if you ask.

That being said, I don't care for the Boca burgers (awful flavor) or Qorn, but Morningstar Black Bean burgers are good even if you're not intending for them to be a meat alternative.

Oct 27, 2017
Impossible Burger. I like Boca and Morningstar burgers but they're not anywhere on the level of Impossible Burger. I don't like bean-based burgers - they're crumbly, easily fall apart, and don't taste very good in my experience.
I have yet to try Beyond Burger. I could swear they've gotten more expensive, not less, in the past few weeks. I recall they were $6.99 for a package of four and now it's like $8.50.

Deimos

Oct 25, 2017
I haven't tried Impossible, but if they're as bad as Beyond, then regular soy burger wins.

Paz

Nov 1, 2017
Brisbane, Australia
Black bean burgers are the best.

But most meat eaters see vego burgers as imitation meat so they're incapable of evaluating a black bean burger on its own merits, so I imagine for the vast majority theyd prefer the ones that genuinely try to be meat, which means long term they might be better for the environment and healthier cos they have a chance at converting people who would otherwise never stop eating meat.

Anustart

9 Million Scovilles
Avenger
Nov 12, 2017
Do you question everything you consume in life if it's good for the environment?

Charmin or Environment approved ass Kleenex? Which do you prefer?

ry-dog

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The best thing about veggie burgers (if done right), is they're actually pretty healthy. No they don't taste as good as meat or fake meat, but they're easy to make and a fantastic way to eat a bunch of veggies.

mopinks

Oct 27, 2017
I love meat but I generally hate it when other things try to pretend they're meat (soy chorizo is an exception, but chorizo is barely meat to begin with)

it's more fun when veggie burgers are their own thing

wollywinka

Feb 15, 2018
I really want to try an Impossible or Beyond Meat burger. I'm not a vegetarian, but as I get older, I find myself increasingly open to veggie/vegan options. Sadly, my local supermarkets in the UK don't stock them :(

Kromeo

Oct 27, 2017
I tried impossible burger at Disney a few weeks ago and it wasn't horrible but I wouldn't say it tasted like meat either

Ary F.

Oct 30, 2017
Impossible burger is pretty good, especially after a sprinkle of Trinidad Moruga Scorpion powder/hot sauce to give it a kick and some flavour. Sadly I haven't had many veggie burgers beyond Veggie Grill because I rarely eat fast food. I don't eat fast food in general, which is probably why the Impossible burger tasted so good to me. I'd rather make my food at home and I am more into creating my own thing rather than trying to recreate food like burgers, tacos, and hot dogs :/

shnurgleton

Oct 27, 2017
Boston
I personally prefer a product that isn't attempting to imitate meat, but as a way to normalize vegetarian diets I respect what impossible burger is trying to do

Deleted member 48434

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 8, 2018
Sydney
I don't even like beef.
I'm not gonna like something that aims to be like it.
Veggie burger all the way. Veggie burgers can be very tasty depending on what they are made of.
They can also taste foul.

But most fake meat burgers suck. I'd rather embrace non-meat burgers that embrace what they are.

Look! The Pie!

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
Veggie/bean burgers all day, every day. I can't stand stuff that tries to imitate the taste and texture of meat.

-Pyromaniac-

Oct 25, 2017
They're all not great and taste nothing like meat (nothing is harsh...but not very close) but the impossible burger is the closest. So if that's the measure....I vote that.

Akela

Oct 28, 2017
There's a local bar/restaurant that serves the beyond burger which I've found pretty excellent, also has some surprisingly convincing vegan cheese. It's become one of my regular choices.

In terms of traditional veggie burgers there's a indie fast food place nearby that makes it own homemade veggie burgers that are quite good. I've also had a mushroom and teriyaki burger at a Sushi place (in a bao bun of course) which was pretty decent. Plus, I appreciate the honesty of making a burger directly out of sliced mushrooms, with no attempt at immiating even the appearance of a burger patty let alone trying to make it taste like meat. Just some seasoned mushrooms in a bun with some vegetables.

Last edited:

Figgles

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Vegetarian burgers are their own thing. Impossible is an impressive, but poor imitation of something better... and cheaper.