• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

ManNR

Feb 13, 2019
Anyone catch this last CSPAN caller? lmao

Edit: For those who missed it - "Also, I'd like to put this out there for the American people. Epstein did not kill himself." "I'm sorry. I didn't catch your last point." "...Epstein didn't kill himself."

NTGYK

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
This whole ASAPRocky and Kardashian exchange is just so so so weird.

TheExecutive

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Here is my totally amateur opinion on how this is going to work. I am absolutely positive people in this thread are better prepared to answer these issues but I do hope that this post stimulates some discussion. With that said:

Do not lament quite yet. The intelligence committee is not following up with the courts at this time because they are going to use these denials (obstruction) as an article of impeachment for the judiciary committee which is where the written recommendation from the intelligence committee goes. Once the judiciary committee gets the recommendations they will attempt to uphold the subpoenas produced by the intelligence committee along with any new subpoenas (Sondland documentation etc...).
So in short, I expect these hearings in the intelligence committee to wrap up this week.

Complete speculation here on how this will go:

1. They will draft the articles next week.

2. They will deliver them to the judiciary committee.

3. The judiciary will create rules for the proceedings.

4. They will then hold people in contempt (no jail or anything or dramatic scenes) and it will go to the courts. SCOTUS will be the final say on this issue. The SCOTUS ruling is THE MOST IMPORTANT part of all of this- not removing Trump. They will either uphold the foundational responsibility of the three branches or not. IF they vote against Congress's ability to subpoena the Executive branch during an impeachment the game is over- and it's over forever. What I mean by game is that the constitution of the United States provides the Executive branch way more power than is considered acceptable in this day and age. When the US and other countries set up democracies elsewhere they follow a more parliamentarian model (UK) and not a US model simply because too much power is given to the Executive branch and corruption in the Executive branch would lead to the ultimate result of a dictatorship. Scary huh? The only thing keeping the US from falling backward into a dictatorship is the goodwill, ideals this country was founded upon, and the ability of checks and balances. If Congress's ability to check the Executive branch is neutered the system will crumble.
Ultimately, I think SCOTUS will provide precedence that the subpoenas of Congress during their constitutional duties (Impeachment of a sitting President) outweighs any Executive branch orders to deny Congress their ability to investigate such issues. This creates multiple problems (the house determines its own rules, the possibility of obstruction of Executive duties in the future, etc...) BUT the alternative is abandoning the foundation of the constitution. SCOTUS absolutely does not want to make this decision but they will have to. It will also be the most important SCOTUS ruling in the last 100 years.

5. Once SCOTUS provides their ruling and provided they rule in the way I think they will the people subpoenaed will be required to appear. By force if necessary.

6. The documentation/transcripts/testimony will provide direct evidence of a quid pro quo, obstruction, as well as actual crimes by himself or his staff OR a complete coverup including documentation destruction. At this point in time, the House will impeach Trump.

7. Given the evidence, the Senate Republicans will provide a HUGE amount of pressure for Trump to resign behind closed doors. What Trump will actually do is a complete mystery because he is mentally ill. I am completely convinced he is sick.

TheExecutive

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Wow, listening to Holmes' opening statement. Sondland is a lying piece of shit. I completely believe Holmes. Also, the comment about race card?? Yikes what a fuck head.

Oct 27, 2017
PIT
Here is my totally amateur opinion on how this is going to work. I am absolutely positive people in this thread are better prepared to answer these issues but I do hope that this post stimulates some discussion. With that said:

Do not lament quite yet. The intelligence committee is not following up with the courts at this time because they are going to use these denials (obstruction) as an article of impeachment for the judiciary committee which is where the written recommendation from the intelligence committee goes. Once the judiciary committee gets the recommendations they will attempt to uphold the subpoenas produced by the intelligence committee along with any new subpoenas (Sondland documentation etc...).
So in short, I expect these hearings in the intelligence committee to wrap up this week.

4. They will then hold people in contempt (no jail or anything or dramatic scenes) and it will go to the courts. SCOTUS will be the final say on this issue. The SCOTUS ruling is THE MOST IMPORTANT part of all of this- not removing Trump. They will either uphold the foundational responsibility of the three branches or not. IF they vote against Congress's ability to subpoena the Executive branch during an impeachment the game is over- and it's over forever. What I mean by game is that the constitution of the United States provides the Executive branch way more power than is considered acceptable in this day and age. When the US and other countries set up democracies elsewhere they follow a more parliamentarian model (UK) and not a US model simply because too much power is given to the Executive branch and corruption in the Executive branch would lead to the ultimate result of a dictatorship. Scary huh? The only thing keeping the US from falling backward into a dictatorship is the goodwill, ideals this country was founded upon, and the ability of checks and balances. If Congress's ability to check the Executive branch is neutered the system will crumble.
Ultimately, I think SCOTUS will provide precedence that the subpoenas of Congress during their constitutional duties (Impeachment of a sitting President) outweighs any Executive branch orders to deny Congress their ability to investigate such issues. This creates multiple problems (the house determines its own rules, the possibility of obstruction of Executive duties in the future, etc...) BUT the alternative is abandoning the foundation of the constitution. SCOTUS absolutely does not want to make this decision but they will have to. It will also be the most important SCOTUS ruling in the last 100 years.

5. Once SCOTUS provides their ruling and provided they rule in the way I think they will the people subpoenaed will be required to appear. By force if necessary.

6. The documentation/transcripts/testimony will provide direct evidence of a quid pro quo, obstruction, as well as actual crimes by himself or his staff OR a complete coverup including documentation destruction. At this point in time, the House will impeach Trump.

7. Given the evidence, the Senate Republicans will provide a HUGE amount of pressure for Trump to resign behind closed doors. What Trump will actually do is a complete mystery because he is mentally ill. I am completely convinced he is sick.

This is a great roundup of what's ahead of us. And as someone who has a parent who is suffering alzheimers disease, yes he has some serious mental health issues.

8byte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Kansas
You can see in real time how this CSPAN host is dying in real time with each person that calls.

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL

Good post. I agree on all points.

RobotHaus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Mars University
The Cspan callers are a scary insight into the normal everyday american. Its sad.

Also Fiona Hill is so stern even big balls goldman was careful how he spoke to her.

I feel like this is not a genuine reflection of the American people. Most people work and don't have time to make calls to CSPAN during a busy work day. They seem like a vocal outlier of the public.

That said, their opinions shouldn't go unheard, it's important to be educated on what they think, no matter how poorly devised their mindsets may be.

TrueSloth

Oct 27, 2017
The cognitive dissonance you must have to believe that democrats are paying us officials to lie about something trump did. And then dismiss it because what trump did wasn't that bad.

Yerffej

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017
The cognitive dissonance you must have to believe that democrats are paying us officials to lie about something trump did. And then dismiss it because what trump did wasn't that bad.
The same types that would fall for that assumed the rumors were true about Clintons having people assassinated. They are gone.

Commedieu

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
I feel like this is not a genuine reflection of the American people. Most people work and don't have time to make calls to CSPAN during a busy work day. They seem like a vocal outlier of the public.

That said, their opinions shouldn't go unheard, it's important to be educated on what they think, no matter how poorly devised their mindsets may be.

they vote. meanwhile, people are too busy working to vote.

HamSandwich

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
GOP bitching on the floor about how Thanksgiving is going to be divided.

Should've thought of that before you put Trump over country you fucks.

Oct 27, 2017
PIT

Exactly, you're looking at the same people who have Trump 2020/Hilary for Prison/Fluoride is Poisoning Us All stickers on their cars. Basically the dude who obsessed about Trump and did the mail bombings.

Darkstar0155

Oct 27, 2017
Bolton is really who they need to get (and Mulvaney but I feel like Mulvaney would fall on the sword to protect himself/trump).

Bolton is a hard line R, and I get the impression he HATES trump and will have zero issue throwing the entire admin under the bus and being blunt and honest.

RJeddy

Dec 4, 2017
I have a question for those who are more politically inclined: is there any sort of decorum or etiquette rule in congressional hearings and testimonies from those who are not elected officials? I'm asking because it just seems crazy to me that no one is saying anything to the effect of "uhhh you're completely crazy and that is not true" to anything the Republicans say. Whenever they bring up wanting the whistleblowers identity or something involving Obama, Soros, or the Clinton's I'm just like, how is no one responding like this GIF:
giphy.gif

Foffy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Man, this is a very long break.

Any reason for this? Is it because the Ukraine hacking hoax was called out, killing most GOP talking points?

SoH

Oct 25, 2017

The only thing I am not clear about the Supreme Court's involvement here is if they stall and run out the clock for as long as possible and Trump ends up being voted out in 2020 if there is some out for them to not set precedent here one way or the other.

BossAttack

Oct 27, 2017

Yes.

DiceHands

Oct 27, 2017
So we need what, 23ish republican senators to flip in the senate in order to remove him? Anyone have a good idea of those that are likely to do so or may vote to remove?

Romney might... but who else?

Allard

Oct 25, 2017
Man, this is a very long break.

Any reason for this? Is it because the Ukraine hacking hoax was called out, killing most GOP talking points?

If it was the reason they are more stupid then I realize. She said as much in closed door deposition, they would be stupid not to realize she was going to do the same in open session considering how much passion she as for the subject.

Flex1212

Jul 12, 2019
So whats on tap after this week? We ever gonna hear from Bolton, Pompeo, Rudy or Mulvaney? My guess is no.