• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

LinkStrikesBack

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
First things first: I was talking about his main channel. Find me some gamergate stuff there.

Second: you've conveniently ignored what I wrote about his Twitter account.

Thirdly: have you seen his other channel lately? They publish reviews. Once in a while. Nothing more.

Why does it make a difference where he publishes his alt right nazi stuff? Putting it on a separate youtube channel doesn't absolve him as a person of the fact that he's entirely willing to put that out there.

Nintendo

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
Wait, is it like AC Odyssey or Valhalla? In terms of leveling and enemy health/damage?

Yaqza

Oct 27, 2017
Claven LinkStrikesBack You know what, guys, this discussion is pointless. Bringing Hitler, calling SkillUp a "nazi" and saying "I don't need to know his content, because I declared him a piece of shit" ... yeah, you've made your mind and I won't change that.

Let's get back to Fenyx Rising.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone talked about the 60fps mode on the new consoles? Seems running great. But curious if one talked about it.

aevanhoe

Slayer of the Eternal Voidslurper
Banned
Aug 28, 2018
At this point, it isn't the tech or manpower, someone at Ubisoft is completely out of touch on what kind of characters people like.

They aren't hideous or deformed, just highly generic and emotionless, like cheap dolls made in the factory.

From what I've seen, I love the characters. They look like they are from a Pixar movie.

Nintendo

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
Really interested in the game now (after a sale, of course), but man, how do you make all the characters this unappealing. At this point, it isn't the tech or manpower, someone at Ubisoft is completely out of touch on what kind of characters people like.

They aren't hideous or deformed, just highly generic and emotionless, like cheap dolls made in the factory.

Too late for the feedback now... Although, all the characters in Ubisoft games have Ubisoftivism in their DNA.

Speak for yourself. Not the people. You mean the kind of characters that you like. Not everything has to align with your tastes. It's fine.

Miya Moto

Jun 4, 2018
Seems decent. Also not a fan at all of the character designs but if the game plays well i can live with it.
Waiting on deep sale though.

Xater

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
Superbunnyhop just posted his review:

Overall very positive impressions with nitpicks regarding wonky hitboxes, sometimes difficult to read attack animations and unpolished conversation animations.

Watching his review makes me regret getting Valhalla. This looks more like my jam and I should have waited. Oh well, gonna wait for sale and get it then.

SinkFla

Oct 26, 2017
Pensacola, Fl
Easy Allies: "Yet there's so much to do and see, with numerous opportunities that highlight the amazing puzzle designs."
IGN: " With a gorgeous mythological world to fight through and explore, it's a shame Immortals Fenyx Rising's puzzles are so unremarkable."

What the fuck? Lmao.

I'm actually surprised the reviews are this good, maybe I should check it out.

Kaswa101

Oct 28, 2017
Better reviews than expected tbh. Loved Odyssey so I'll probably check this out - maybe on Switch :)

ChippyTurtle

Banned
Oct 13, 2018
If Super Bunnyhop likes it, good enough for me. Was hoping for Watch Dogs, ehh on Valhalla but neither reviewed to my satisfaction but looks like I'll finally get to play a BOTW clone. Ish.

Joffy

Oct 30, 2017
I have been interested in this but it's waaaaay too soon after Valhalla for me to consider just yet. I still feel like I've barely scratched the surface.

Will for sure take a look next year though

kinoki

Oct 28, 2017
I was writing this off as just bad. But, now I think it's the game the team actually wanted to make but had to prove to upper management that Greek mythology was something that could earn a buck. So, they had to make AC: Odyssey first. Having seen the reviews now, I feel cautiously optimistic. Not a full price game. Hopefully one of the first games that will be heavily discounted by next summer.

aspiring

Oct 25, 2017
I honestly thought this released on the second and was pumped as it's my night off, than realised it's the third. Oh well, I'm am very excited for it. Looks great and I don't need it to be groundbreaking, just fun. Can't wait!

Annie85x

Mar 12, 2020
This looks really promising and with a price of ÂŁ47 with my discount on Shopto its a decent price too! Excited to try it .

Faiyaz

Nov 30, 2017
Bangladesh
After all the "lol Ubisoft open-world bad" hubbub, this game still has a Metascore of around 80 overall so far. Colour me impressed.

drewfonse

Oct 28, 2017
Yeah, literally every reviewer I listen to (Easy Allies, Skill Up, Game .informer, and ACG) really liked it or loved it. Good enough for me. And it's from the AC Odyssey team, which is a game I loved. This looks so fun and vibrant. Curious about fidelity vs performance on next gen consoles.

Headman Rum

Oct 28, 2017
I'm strangely tempted by this:
-I haven't played an Ubisoft open world game since Black Flag so this will be fresh to me.
-BotW 'lite' sounds great to me (although I appreciate that BotW is a great achievement I never really got into it despite putting in quite a few hours)
- this looks like a nice family friendly game to play over the Christmas hols with my son.

Orbis

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Played the Stadia demo. You know, it actually feels really nice to play and it's visually very appealing. Tempted by the PS5 version.

drewfonse

Oct 28, 2017
I'm strangely tempted by this:
-I haven't played an Ubisoft open world game since Black Flag so this will be fresh to me.
-BotW 'lite' sounds great to me (although I appreciate that BotW is a great achievement I never really got into it despite putting in quite a few hours)
- this looks like a nice family friendly game to play over the Christmas hols with my son.

Probably a perfect game to play like that. Doesn't seem too hard, has lots of puzzles to collaborate on. Light hearted tone, probably nothing too suggestive.

Falus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Any face off ? Serie x or ps5?
Ps5 :
+dual sense. Any Support ?
+4k60 ? How is the 4k. Dynamic ? Stable 60?
-start to running low in hard drive storage

Xbox :
+having more storage (seagate memory card )
-basic controller

Which one to choose

drewfonse

Oct 28, 2017
Ps5 :

Xbox :
-basic controller

Which one to choose

My money is on 4K/30 vs 1700ish/60

DaleCooper

Oct 27, 2017
After all the "lol Ubisoft open-world bad" hubbub, this game still has a Metascore of around 80 overall so far. Colour me impressed.
It's the typical enthusiast criticism. I agree with most of it, but at the same time I really do think that most Ubizoft games have a decent amount of quality to them. While the storytelling is subpar, the game systems are pretty solid (if you can stomach the repetitiveness). I think the environments in the recent AC games are outstanding. I actually love to hunt collectibles as a way to experience the worlds. Rather that compared to doing some poorly-written quests.

Games like AC and FC, and probably Immortals, are best played in short sessions. Something that Era-people aren't very good at, I believe. Hence the criticism.

Faiyaz

Nov 30, 2017
Bangladesh
It's the typical enthusiast criticism. I agree with most of it, but at the same time I really do think that most Ubizoft games have a decent amount of quality to them. While the storytelling is subpar, the game systems are pretty solid (if you can stomach the repetitiveness). I think the environments in the recent AC games are outstanding. I actually love to hunt collectibles as a way to experience the worlds. Rather that compared to doing some poorly-written quests.

Games like AC and FC, and probably Immortals, are best played in short sessions. Something that Era-people aren't very good at, I believe. Hence the criticism.

I really, really enjoy the post-Origins AC games, and the overblown hate for those here always makes me laugh.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Ps5 :

Xbox :
-basic controller

Which one to choose

One critic earlier in the thread said that the DualSense implimentation is not as good as you'd hope but the Activity cards are a useful addition.

Asbsand

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Denmark
The Legend of Belda has come.

Tbh, as a BotW dissenter I should probably play this, to see if my hypothesis is correct, which is that BotW wasn't really that inspired, it was just a smartly put together series of systems as an experiment to see what kinds of Zelda elements would work in a traditional Open World mould.

There's a chance that the same things people complain about in this game are the things I thought was disappointing in BotW, or there is a chance that I've been wrong and playing this game will make me realize what I'm missing about BotW.

Falus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
One critic earlier in the thread said that the DualSense implimentation is not as good as you'd hope but the Activity cards are a useful addition.
Thanks. Activity card is nice but doesn't matter much for me. Then I'm more about performances. Resolution and framerate disparity and value between serie x and ps5. If the same I'll go for Xbox as I have more storage

Indelible

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
I'am definitely interested in this but I can wait for a price drop, already have to much to play on PS5 and Series X.

Nax

Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 10, 2018
Just watched some gameplay and didn't realize they basically ripped the combat and tons of animations from Assassin's Creed. I'm starting to wonder if this game has any creative uniqueness.

AfropunkNyc

Nov 15, 2017
I'd love this game if it was on Steam. I loved odyssey and would love this game as much if it was in my library on Steam. I'm sure this game look amazing in ultrawide.

Theodran

Oct 25, 2017
Japan
I was going to buy it on release, but then I found out today that this game was not getting a physical Japanese release. The only way to get a Japanese language version is to buy the Japanese version. I usually play in English while my wife plays in Japanese.
As there is no way for me to share a physical Switch copy with my wife, I unfortunately won't be buying the game.

Maybe if the Japanese version goes on sale for like 10 bucks on PS5. But not earlier.

Huey

Oct 27, 2017
Immortals rarely actually feels like Zelda to me while I'm playing it. That landscape, for one, may have the right grass and the right lighting, the right grippy sensation in your hands when you're clambering up something, but the Golden Isle of the gods is nothing like Hyrule. It feels far more compacted and artificial: it is constantly busy with individual bits and pieces - statues, caves, temples, huge pieces of machinery. I've tried to work out why this makes it feel so compromised, and I think the only answer I can really hit on is that everywhere you go in Immortals is somewhere. Or at least that's how it seems. Zelda was filled with stuff to do, but it was also good at making the world feel natural. It had huge expanses - meadows, mountainsides, lakes - where it didn't really seem to have anything specific in mind for you. It spread its landmarks out and put dreamy edgelands between them. Somehow, this created a sense of immersion, even wonder. I am just about ready to be told that Immortals' footprint is actually bigger, but Hyrule always felt bigger. And at times it felt like it had not been made so much as stumbled upon. It didn't absolutely worship utility and set-pieces, or if it did, it was just much more skilful at fooling the player.
This excerpt from the eurogamer review is kind of what I was worried about with this game. Still interested in trying it, but Ubi can't seem to get over this stumbling block with their open worlds. Well - i guess they sell like hot cakes so what do I know?

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
This excerpt from the eurogamer review is kind of what I was worried about with this game. Still interested in trying it, but Ubi can't seem to get over this stumbling block with their open worlds. Well - i guess they sell like hot cakes so what do I know?
At this point it's safe to asume that they have a software where you just type in the setting and upload some arts and then the game is generated automatically. All Ubisoft games feel so very samey in their structure, it's not surprising that this one isn't different. Someone here once said that Ubisoft is aiming for low 80 scores with their games and this seems true for this one as well. They found their balance between quantitiy and quality and make a lot of money from it.

Deleted member 3017

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That Eurogansr excerpt perfectly describes why BotW is so special and why few open world games hold a candle to it for many players. It also convinced me I'll likely never play Immortals. Thanks for posting it.