• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Billfisto

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
"If we mess up the spelling we can trademark it!"

Getting major "grandma bought you a video game" vibes from the new name.

Meelow

Oct 31, 2017
I liked the old MC design better

Also the lack of colon in the title is official? Annoying
20200903-204339.jpg

20200903-204342.jpg

20200903-204345.jpg

20200903-204349.jpg

Okay, I'm hyped.

Day 1 for Switch.

Can Ubisoft please go back to the title "Gods & Monsters"

Nanashrew

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Until Yves is gone and they show real growth and progress in dealing with their problems yeah. Anyway didn't mean to derail the thread, if you want to talk more feel free to PM me.
In fairness, Yves would not be enough. It's a family run company and they all are in high positions in the company and would need to go too.

TriGen

Oct 27, 2017
I've been intrigued ever since there were rumors about a Ubisoft BoTW inspired game. I didn't expect that game this year but I am more interested in this than even AC or WD so I'm looking forward to seeing some actual official gameplay.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
I can't really put my finger on why, but the MC looks extra generic now. The helmet and big eyes in the old version of the game did a lot of heavy lifting:

Gods-Monsters-Play_06-12-20.jpg

Chumunga64

Jun 22, 2018
Huh, so the OP's explanation for the name change makes sense and while the first trailer looked more stylized o wasn't really expecting the game to look exactly like what looked to be a pre-rendered teaser

What I'm most interested is how the game changed since ubisoft delayed a bunch of games to make them more unique after the ghost recon debacle and I want to see what a game that is less guided by the ubisoft formula looks

VivekTO

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Don't like the new art style for the character, looks very generic.
Same really not liking the updated style of the main character , is this create your own character or what. The monster itself looks generic, i mean they could have gone for more fantastical elements but idk.

Old
EhCpWKyWkAEQNTc

New
EhCpWKxWkAANZ8D

NabiscoFelt

One Winged Slayer
Aug 15, 2019
I'm really interested in seeing this next week. The initial concept we heard from E3 sounded great and these screenshots seem interesting as well.

Hopefully it's still planned for and runs well on the Switch day one.

totofogo

Oct 29, 2017
Chicago
Yeesh what a downgrade for both the name and the characters. Still excited for this, hope it runs well on Switch.

nelsonroyale

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Hmm, seeing a lot of AC Odyssey in the landscape other than the brighter look and shaders. Hopefully it is quite different.

VivekTO

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I mean, helmets are still clearly in the game. As for the eyes, the only new shot we have that includes her face shows her narrowing her eyes.
I mean there is clearly change in the shape of the eye as well as of the pupil. the old one has the look of 3d animated movies like Pixar's , the new one is much close to the human eye shape and size.

Tamazoid

Oct 28, 2017
The entire God Of War series is banned in the middle east due to the word God in the title. I think the 2018 game was the only one that's been released there.

Even Injustice Gods Among Us is banned there.

Huh, the more you know. I guess in that context the name change makes sense.
I just wish they had gone with something a bit more dynamic.

Potterson

Oct 28, 2017
If you like BOTW, prepare to have some fun on a bit smaller scale and with a bit less "mystery of unknown".

BoxScar

Jul 21, 2020
After playing hundreds of hours of the new Assassin's Creed games, seeing this makes me feel exhausted already. Exact same animations and physics, which means playing it is not going to feel new. I do like the artstyle though, and was hoping for something more original. A BotW rip off would be much better than ripping off the last 2 AC games.

Bansai

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 28, 2017
Don't dig the new name and MC. Curious about the gameplay though.

Deleted member 2172

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So far it really looks like they took a ton of AC Odyssey assets, removed all elements of blood/dirt and then shuffled them about. Curious to see more.

Deleted member 61469

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 17, 2019
those screens look incredibly bland. so much empty, low detail space in the background. hope its the switch version.

HellofaMouse

Oct 27, 2017
I wonder if they reduced the scope of this game for some reason, if they are this late to show it in action