• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017

Feels like BOTW and Odyssey had a baby. Looks intresting. Faces could use some work imo. Will keep a eye on it.

Mbolibombo

Oct 29, 2017
Trailer was pretty bad, but the gameplay overview showed me pretty much what I wanted to see from this.

Definately hugely influenced by BotW.

azfaru

Banned
Dec 1, 2017
Yup this is that botw inspired gameplay that we all thought would happen lol. Reeeally heavily inspired by it. Bordering on copy cat lol

grady

Oct 29, 2017
Bournemouth, UK
Looks nice, but that world looks like a direct rip of BOTW; fire monster in the middle of the map instead of Ganon in Hyrule Castle. That mixed with the AC Odyssey / GOW / Fortnite style makes it look like the game was designed by an algorithm

xpownz

▲ Legend ▲
Feb 13, 2020
Why they keeping making games where weapons are 3 times the size of the character... It feels off that those kids can swing something that could replace the parthenon pilars

seat

Banned
Mar 14, 2018
Just loving all the "this game looks bad to me, but I can't describe why" comments already. Just cool to hate on literally anything from Ubisoft.

I think this game looks like it will be a lot of fun, personally.

NabiscoFelt

One Winged Slayer
Aug 15, 2019
Art Direction is off, yeah. I think the monsters and environments are alright (if generic) but the avatar is meh. Customization might help alleviate that slightly though.

Overall though, still hyped for this. I need that BoTW fix and BoTW probably won't be until Holiday 2021 at the earliest it seems.

texni

Mar 17, 2018
At this point, i'm sure ubisoft brainstorming meeting room is just a giant blender where they throw everything that worked the last few years.

Spinluck

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Chicago
The art style looks way too derivative of Fortnite look alikes. Can't say I like it.

Game looks like it could be fun? BoTW borrowed a few Ubisoft open hallmarks so we've finally come full circle lol.

LavaBadger

Nov 14, 2017
I think the art direction looks just fine to me. I'm far more concerned about the feel of the world. Will it feel organic and full of things to discover like BotW? Or will it feel like a bunch of random events scattered across the map (The Ubisoft checklist model). I'd bet it will be the latter sadly.

deadfolk

Oct 25, 2017
So...huge open world.
Distinct areas, each with a character that has tasks for you to accomplish before you tackle the monster at the centre.
You can go anywhere from the start.

Nope. Doesn't ring a bell.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Didn't even bother to change the color of the glowing weapons.
This bit was so funny

uk8DUxy.png

Redcrayon

Patient hunter
On Break
Oct 27, 2017
UK
It's BotW with an art style that doesn't seem particularly great to me. Not a fan of the games name, or the music in the trailer. Still, maybe once you've made your own character and are playing it it'll be fun. It's got gliding, horses and a fun looking fantasy world, I'm always down for more of that. It just seems a bit like it's taking from various popular games without really having anything of its own to speak of from what we've seen.

B. Spaceman

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Spain
I hate the overuse of the word "epic". But it seems like a good game... we'll see