pargonta

Oct 25, 2017
North Carolina
at the very least, let's confirm that all 3 of them were in the room at the same time. even in the same building with visitor logs and stuff. then if they were all in the same room, its he said she said

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
Wouldn't be surprised if Hutchinson is lying just to discredit the J6 committee. She got lots of info second or third hand. Huge blow to the committee if this isn't true. And the story does kinda does glorify Trump to the MAGA hats.

Geez, it's too bad the people investigating this for a year and a half didn't consult you before calling her to testify.

Oct 30, 2017
So one question I have about this is how did Trump grab the wheel and "lunge" at the driver while in the backseat? He's a big old fat fuck, am I missing something or does that seem difficult for him to do?
You're missing the gigantic fact that cars are small relative to the people in them and all one has to do is lean forward to grab the steering wheel.

You're taking "lunge" way too seriously. The media hopped on that word for click bait when in reality Trump could have leaned over the center console and reached for the wheel with ease.

machtia

Oct 29, 2017
Wouldn't be surprised if Hutchinson is lying just to discredit the J6 committee. She got lots of info second or third hand. Huge blow to the committee if this isn't true. And the story does kinda does glorify Trump to the MAGA hats.
What advantage would she derive from that? The agents have more incentive to lie since they could be placed back in high-status roles if Trump is re-elected.

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
I just expect the worst in this timeline. I wouldn't put it past someone taking one for the team and trolling the J6 committee.

27 year olds who already enjoyed legal protection from the Trump team aren't going to commit perjury as some legal Hail Mary on Donald's behalf, and she had already sat with the committee multiple times giving sworn testimony. This isn't the WWE, we just heard from a bunch of Trump's lawyers (all Republicans) accusing the President and his dumbest lawyers of conspiring to illegally defraud the election.

Jesus. We went from every network including Fox News shaken by this testimony to "she's a liar/sleeper agent" in, what, four hours? Wake up.

Distantmantra

Oct 26, 2017
Seattle

She could go to prison for lying under oath.

Anyone who refutes it can also testify under oath. Right now you're just giving into fear and doubt like they want you to.

construct

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Jun 5, 2020
東京
27 year olds who already enjoyed legal protection from the Trump team aren't going to commit perjury as some legal Hail Mary on Donald's behalf, and she had already sat with the committee multiple times giving sworn testimony. This isn't the WWE, we just heard from a bunch of Trump's lawyers (all Republicans) accusing the President and his dumbest lawyers of conspiring to illegally defraud the election.

Jesus. We went from every network including Fox News shaken by this testimony to "she's a liar/sleeper agent" in, what, four hours? Wake up.
clearly FUD is already doing work

Malleymal

Oct 28, 2017
Regardless of if I believe that there are people lying for Trump like the person who says he never told her, she was definitely truthful. She should be believed.

Anyone that wants to not believe her were going to not believe her regardless of what proof there is.

Oct 25, 2017
Arizona
That's not how any of this works. They're not asking questions that they don't already have extremely credible answers to from multiple sources. No one's making shit up on the fly for lols and risking perjury convictions.

Oct 25, 2017
An "unnamed source close to the secret service." So not the secret service? Someone's friend? It's Trump isn't it? Sounds like this may be republican fud. Unless they actually say so under oath this should be ignored.

Garrett 2U

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The two claims don't even contradict each other.

The reported claim
Tony Ornato denies telling Cassidy Hutchinson that the former president grabbed the steering wheel or an agent on his detail.

Hutchinson's testimony
The President reached up towards the front of vehicle to grab at the steering wheel. Mr. Engel grabbed his arm and said 'Sir you need to take your hand off the steering wheel, we are going back to the West Wing; we're not going to the Capitol.' Mr. Trump then used his free hand to lunge towards Bobby Engel. This is when Mr. Ornato had recounted the story to me, he had motioned towards his clavicles.

1) Ornato denies telling Hutchinson that Trump grabbed the steering wheel.

Hutchinson testified that Ornato told her Trump reached to the front of the vehicle to grab at the steering wheel. She didn't claim whether he grabbed the wheel or not, just that he reached for it.

Hutchinson testified that Ornato told her Engel directed Trump to let go of the steering wheel.
This may imply that Trump grabbed the steering wheel, but it's not what she said. And it also could be that she misspoke and the actual quote was something along the lines of Engel telling Trump to retract his hand. But it's actually completely irrelevant to her central claim if Trump managed to eventually grab the steering wheel or not.

2) Ornato denies telling Hutchinson that Trump grabbed the agent.

Hutchinson testified that Trump lunged towards the agent, and indicated that Ornato gestured to his clavicle. This could be anything from a feint, to a punch, to a shove. But all she testified was that it was a lunge towards the agent. She certainly didn't testify was that Trump grabbed an agent. And she absolutely didn't testify Ornato said an assault occurred.

Last edited:

petszk

Dec 20, 2019
Blissfully imagining a world where they were driving on a cliffside road.
Think about how crazy the MAGA's have been acting after the baseless claims of fraud in the election.

Now think about how they'd act if a car containing Trump drove off a cliff.
There would be a literal civil war!

RoninChaos

Oct 26, 2017
That's not how this works. She was under oath. If she lied about a conversation she was present for then there can be a criminal referral perjury. She would go to jail. If someone lies to a committee or a court you don't say it's a huge blow to the court or committee. You say that person is a liar and keep it moving.

I'm not sure where your comment is coming from or what your basis is for making it but lying under oath to discredit the January 6th committee at the risk of your own personal safety is some soap opera shit, not something that happens in real life. That's some mustache twirling shit.

Everything that's on the record about Hutchinson is that she was Maga through and through. So doing this puts her in serious personal danger. Why would this woman put herself in danger like that? What would she have to gain? Especially when her testimony shows that Trump knew his supporters were carrying weapons, it backs up the claim that trump was losing his grip on reality after the election and that trump and every one around him PLANNED January 6th rather than the riot happening because people were pissed off. That shows conspiracy and incitement. They were going to over throw the government. She testified that these people KNEW that. How does that discredit the January 6th committee? Further, what does she GAIN by putting that on the record?

I realize this is the worst timeline in a lot of ways but try to have a sanity check here, man. You're one step away from whacko conspiracy shit with that take.

Last edited:

Deleted member 2802

Community Resetter
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Imagine the most powerful man in the world trying to choke you. Just imagine that for a second.
6fvgj5zo4f891.jpg

Z Y

Oct 27, 2017

You really think she's going to go on national tv and tell lies that make trump look bad? Put a huge target on her back for any ol' MAGA idiot out there that doesn't know she's actually lying to *help* trump?

I think some people overestimate the people in trump world. Like they are all some sort of Machiavellian masterminds when reality has shown us over and over that they are buffoons throwing hamberders at the wall.

hyouko

Oct 27, 2017
The only point they disagree on it appears is the physical altercation; they back Hutchinson on the language and intent:

teruterubozu

Oct 28, 2017
More evidence of the media being fucking worthless, I guess. Gotta get those clicks.

Because that was the important part of her testimony -- a self-admitted piece of (double) hearsay that was totally immaterial to the rest of the conversations and notes she detailed.

Yeah it's unfortunate this has become the focal point. But then again it's always been a shitshow - i.e. chaos, which always seems to favor Trump.

Jag

Oct 26, 2017
Ornato is a pure Trumper. He's the one that cleared Lafayette Square for the bible photo op. He was also accused about lying about it by another aide. Who testified under oath while Oranto did not. He also was allowed to take a termporary leave of absence from the secret service to be a Trump advisor. Something that never happens. That said, he was a Trump stooge. I doubt he would have grabbed Trump. He probably lied about it to Hutchinson.

Jan 29, 2018
Ugh I wish the grabbing the steering wheel stuff had never been mentioned. It's getting all the attention when what should matter is Trump wanted the armed protestors let into the rally since he knew they weren't there to hurt him.

HylianSeven

Shin Megami TC - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Ugh I wish the grabbing the steering wheel stuff had never been mentioned. It's getting all the attention when what should matter is Trump wanted the armed protestors let into the rally since he knew they weren't there to hurt him.
I'd argue the witness tampering is close. That's a pretty huge deal.