• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 27, 2017
Wait this was weeks ago? Does someone actualy know him? is he alright?

He's probably dead, but we're all holding out hope.

He might just be incapacitated, or given up internet, or homeless without net access, but given what we could infer from his posts and history (and given the time/posting habits), I'm assuming the worst.

Hope I'm wrong.

Futureman

Oct 26, 2017
Did Taylor Swift name her song after our Blame Space? I think she did the CD cover printing plant just made an oopsy typo.

Oct 25, 2017
I can't believe no one has any contact info to Blamespace of all people. He was on the damn GAF documentary for god's sake. No one, not even anyone in total confidence can reach out and just confirm one thing or the other?
Can we stop bumping this thread until someone knows something? I'll take a thread whining warning or whatever, but it sucks to keep seeing this with no news.

Can a mod lock this thread until blame space or someone else provides news to them about his well-being? I can only take disappointment so often.

Don't lock the thread. There are too many people worried and he may post here again. A thread title update with (no update yet) added will suffice, with the obvious addendum once we hear more news. In addition, you can always use the hide thread feature.

Chris.

Oct 27, 2017
Oct 25, 2017
There was another user last month who posted about health issues, and then never responded :(

https://www.resetera.com/threads/era-ive-been-feeling-weird-lately-health-wise.57647/

Idk, hope blame space and ^^ are alright :(
Goddamn it. Stuff like this is chilling.

I'm shocked there's no "Last Active" indicator on profiles. Even GAF had that.

Edit: Nvm, it seems we do have it under "Last seen", but it doesn't looks like everyone has it for some reason? Can that be disabled?
It's there. Users have the option to turn it off. I actually messaged a mod about this VCFL last night, and seeing if there's anything we can do or find out if he's alright. But so far no response (probably busy atm).
There is, but you need to activate it.
Yeah, just saw.

VeePs

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
I'm shocked there's no "Last Active" indicator on profiles. Even GAF had that.

It's there. Users have the option to turn it off. I actually messaged a mod about this (VCFL thread) last night, and seeing if there's anything we can do or find out if he's alright. But so far no response (probably busy atm).

Last edited:

GameAddict411

Oct 26, 2017
This is thread should be locked as it could lead to breach of privacy. Have you guys thought about how maybe he just wants to take a break from this place? Or the internet in general? Health issues could motivate someone to do big changes in their lives. Us interfering with it might go against what he would want. Another thing which is very possible is that he died. He did mention a Kidney failure of some sort and that sounds very serious. I don't even know how he will afford the treatment with no insurance. Curse this country health care system.

LL_Decitrig

User-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Sunderland
I agree with this (and sorry for the top-posting). Of course we're all hoping Blame Space pulls through and goes on to have a great life. But it turns out that nobody posting here has any real connection to him.

We've all had a chance to wish him well, and those wishes are going to be there whenever anybody wants to look at them. But privacy is important, too. If he has survived, he doesn't owe us anything. Enjoy the rest of your life, Blame Space.

Can we move the thread to hangouts or close it, please? The user can log in and make his presence known to the moderators and the rest of the users at any time of his choosing.

This is thread should be locked as it could lead to breach of privacy. Have you guys thought about how maybe he just wants to take a break from this place? Or the internet in general? Health issues could motivate someone to do big changes in their lives. Us interfering with it might go against what he would want. Another thing which is very possible is that he died. He did mention a Kidney failure of some sort and that sounds very serious. I don't even know how he will afford the treatment with no insurance. Curse this country health care system.

Qasiel

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
I totally missed this thread and thought I'd seen him post the other day. Guess not.

I hope he's doing ok, I really like Blame and voted for him back on GAF.

faint

Oct 27, 2017
Replying to this thread does 0 good. Everyone would like to see him return. It sets an expectation that he's returned every single time it's bumped. He can PM a mod if he comes back and I'm sure the message will be delivered. In the meantime this thread should be closed.

Pwnz

Oct 28, 2017
Places
I hope he's alright.

If not, it isn't entirely surprising. The median age of posters is probably in the 30s now. It's not like the early days of gaf when most of us were in our teens and 20s. I remember Gaborn suddenly passing and that was a shock.

Airegin

Dec 10, 2017
I hope he's alright.

If not, it isn't entirely surprising. The median age of posters is probably in the 30s now. It's not like the early days of gaf when most of us were in our teens and 20s. I remember Gaborn suddenly passing and that was a shock.

Any deaths under the age of 60 will always be surprising to me.

Pwnz

Oct 28, 2017
Places
Any deaths under the age of 60 will always be surprising to me.

When you get into the tens of thousands, fluke stuff happens. I found out one of my college buddies died of cancer 9 years ago when Facebook did a "reconnect with" I kid you not. I think by now they've fixed that notification feature.

Dynamite Cop

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
California
I hope he's alright.

Unless people are living off of cheeseburgers and frozen burritos, people should not be dying off in their 30s.

Airegin

Dec 10, 2017
When you get into the tens of thousands, fluke stuff happens. I found out one of my college buddies died of cancer 9 years ago when Facebook did a "reconnect with" I kid you not. I think by now they've fixed that notification feature.

Makes me realize I'm still taking life too much for granted even though I'm reminded of my own mortality on a daily basis.

Unless people are living off of cheeseburgers and frozen burritos, people should not be dying off in their 30s.

I think you'd be surprised how many people do eat like that. It's not just Trump.

Last edited:

Huey

Oct 27, 2017
mod edit: let's not try and find him

You know, I share the concern for him... but whatever happened to him, it seems to have occurred in medical care, so it's not helping him or his family to find out the details. Digging into this will satisfy our concerns, but this kind of borders on invasion of privacy. I certainly hope we hear from him soon.

Last edited by a moderator:

andymcc

Oct 25, 2017
Columbus, OH
You know, I share the concern for him... but whatever happened to him, it seems to have occurred in medical care, so it's not helping him or his family to find out the details. Digging into this will satisfy our concerns, but this kind of borders on invasion of privacy. I certainly hope we hear from him soon.

i won't say anything else, but i can pretty much assume he is alive,

Chris.

Oct 27, 2017
andymcc cmon man.. I'm not even gonna ask where you got that information but edit it out and I suggest HueyFreeman edits out the quote aswell.

Not cool to be posting someones information like that, especially when it may not even be accurate. I know you didn't say much and seem to have genuine intentions but it's still more than what should be said and may lead to others finding information about him with malicious intent.

It's one thing if you have communications with him elsewhere, it's another to stalk someone down and post their info.

B-Dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
Guys, I get it. We're all worried about him, he's been a big part of this community for a long time, but that doesn't mean we should be trying to find where he lives or whatever you guys are doing. If there's new news on him we can either unlock this thread or make a new one, but I don't want anyone trying to doxx him. Even if you have good intentions, that's somewhere we aren't going. Because that's something that can't be undone.

Status
Not open for further replies.