OaklandKao

Mar 21, 2022
I feel like a lot of people just know Ikumi from her e3 stage/Twitter presence ( which to be fair, most people just see kamiya as a grumpy twitter guy too) but her and Kamiya have been working together for a long time, and on a lot of legendary games.

I loved Clover studio's output in general so I'm eager to hear about their time there. I really need to go back and beat Okami.
I loved the comics she did for Tango Gamework's early website. She did portraits for everyone too. It's such a shame that their old website is gone.

Cheat Code

Oct 30, 2017
So there's no story here? Zenimax didn't fuck her over??
It's been said that developer-publisher politics and ultimately Zenimax controlling the direction of Ghostwire led to her health declining and daily nightmares.

www.gameinformer.com

The Life And Career Of Ikumi Nakamura

After becoming a viral sensation at E3 2019, we talk with Ghostwire: Tokyo's former creative director about where she's been and where she's going next.

Sheev

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Speculating on folk's sexuality isn't a great idea, but I'm also begging people to remember that bi/pansexuality exists. Having kids or a partner of the oppositie sex doesn't preclude someone from being queer.

Oct 27, 2017
Speculating on folk's sexuality isn't a great idea, but I'm also begging people to remember that bi/pansexuality exists. Having kids or a partner of the oppositie sex doesn't preclude someone from being queer.
i don't know why her sexuality or family life are even being discussed in a thread about her having a convo with Kamiya. It's a weird tangent to be going down in general

dreamfall

Oct 25, 2017
Goodness, I loved this conversation. Legendary! I love how they recall different moments of the Okami development - the divide in passion upsetting Kamiya is wild to hear about.

Neonep

Oct 25, 2017
I just watched it. That was incredibly insightful. These are the people that should be making games.

Zor

Oct 30, 2017

Hercule

Jun 20, 2018
Please ignore my post.

I did not want a derail but this involves Kamiya so what did I expect?
I'm not sure how this derail and Kamiya are remotely related. He only gave a interview, there was no reason to do this besides helping out a friend.

Everytime there's a discussion involving Kamiya the weirdest things are written about him:
Isn't the man by all accounts an absolute nightmare to work with? Who's going to hire him?

I forget but why does everyone like this man again now... did everyone forget some of the stuff he's said online?

I did forget what was said, but I remember it not being great
He doesn't deserve this.

Ontopic:
Cute video. Ikumi Nakamura and Kamiya have great chemistry

thetrin

Oct 26, 2017
Atlanta, GA
Kamiya is a really nice person irl. I've met him a few times. The sheer number of figures and toys on his work desk were astronomical.