Cess007

Oct 27, 2017
B.C., Mexico
Please stop trying to diagnose people you've never met. There is no mental condition which causes plagiarism.
It's insulting to people suffering from real conditions to imply all negative behaviour must be a result of mental illness and it's inappropriate to try and diagnose someone when you are not their doctor.

It's so weird to see this new narrative that he suffer from some mental illness. Is that if people is incapable to accept that sometimes, people is just what it is: assholes

Kangi

Profile Styler
Oct 25, 2017
Guy released a nonapology about a case of plagiarism, challenged people to dare find more plagiarism on his part, and then got outed for a LOT more plagiarism. Of course people are going to have some schadenfreude over that.

Guy also acted like an absolute two-face and apparently mistreated his coworkers. Of course people aren't going to be particularly sympathetic towards him.

Billfisto

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
People on Era don't care.

Oh, I'd much rather he didn't commit suicide. I'd prefer that most people don't commit suicide.

Being mean on the internet is bad in a lot of cases. Yelling at Ruby Rose because she's "not gay enough" to be Batwoman or whatever is shitty. Yelling at Kelly Marie Tran because she had the audacity to be a woman in a Star Wars movie is shitty. Mobs of fucking weirdos hounding people because they don't like the direction something went are bad.

I'd even argue that initially Filip should've been given the benefit of the doubt. One case of plagiarism is bad, but he may have had a reasonable reason for doing it, so just fire him and that's be the end of it.

But then he went full Reality Show Villain and it turns out he has a long history of bad activity with no mitigating circumstances, so fuck him.

Dec 4, 2017
Brazil
This. Plus having any number of psychological disorders like Bipolar or BPD could make him behave in chronic unsavory ways if he was not in treatment or on meds.
Psychologist here speaking, I do believe that he could have some kind of mental illness, but it's more to psychopath, sociopath, borderline or immaturity. This is what we can guess based on his actions. (Plus the reports from friends that now feel used by him paints a picture that maybe he is more a psychopath)

What we don't know for sure due lack of any data is if he has mood disorder.

But again, some times people are just bad, and we try to believe that no one would make such things in normal circumstances.

Cess007

Oct 27, 2017
B.C., Mexico
The "witch hunt" crowd has moved on to "he might become suicidal" it seems.

Never understood the "witch hunt" argument. I may be wrong here (no native speaker, so the idiom could be lost on me), but isn't "Witch Hunts" supposed to be about looking for things that doesn't exist? If actual proof exist (and more is being found) that means this couldn't be "Witch Hunt", no?

mael

Avenger
Nov 3, 2017
It's so weird to see this new narrative that he suffer from some mental illness. Is that if people is incapable to accept that sometimes, people is just what it is: assholes
It's so gross too.
It implies that someone afflicted with mental illness could do his shit too and we should be wary of them.
Like seriously they don't have enough shit thrown at them already with all people already seeing them as a step removed from mass shooting already.

Lukemia SL

Jan 30, 2018
Those nvc episodes with him are going to be really awkward to stay there.

I'm gonna go check the Doom Switch review and other Doom reviews real quick.

And being a sociopath isn't normal/healthy.

Please don't fucking dogpile me like I'm defending the guy or the ridiculous out of the blue claim now that people are giving him a pass cuz of his fucking skin color. If anything's ridiculous, it's black and white statements like that.

I've been clear for quite a while what he did is fucked up and wrong but the point is it went from a one time thing, to a fucked up habit that seems malicious, to an honest to god problem this guy has that can't just simply be hand waived away as he's a jerk or something.

Sociopathic behavior makes a lot more sense, and that's certainly not normal.

How could it be anything but mental instability at this point?

You come of like one of those lawyer types that tries to go for the insanity plea in a murder case.

III-V

Oct 25, 2017
Never understood the "witch hunt" argument. I may be wrong here (no native speaker, so the idiom could be lost on me), but isn't "Witch Hunts" supposed to be about looking for things that doesn't exist? If proof exist (and are being found) that means this couldn't be "Witch Hunt", no?
You are exactly correct. It literally can't be a witch hunt.

What we have are idiots who jump to defense force mode, using trump-infected jargon.

PandaShake

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
In psychology, are the default state of humans are to act in ethical, empathetical ways where any deviation is due to having varying degrees of mental illness?

I just think he's lazy and dumb to either not understand what plagiarism is or to challenge the internet.

Meelow

Oct 31, 2017
Just read Lily's post, I feel so bad. Like not only did he steal other people's work, he also used his friends to get further ahead. Like this makes me so angry.

ShinobiBk

One Winged Slayer
Dec 28, 2017
There's no witch hunt
The guy challenged people to find more examples of plagiarism, and they're doing exactly what he asked.

I have to believe, and I mean have to, that he wanted people to just uncover everything so he could get it all of his chest at once. He's been compeltley exposed as a fraud inside and out.

Feb 15, 2018
Please stop trying to diagnose people you've never met. There is no mental condition which causes plagiarism.
It's insulting to people suffering from real conditions to imply all negative behaviour must be a result of mental illness and it's inappropriate to try and diagnose someone when you are not their doctor.
Being a sociopath is a mental disorder and it can influence peoples behaviour

People who are antisocial often violate the law resulting in being arrested. They lie to and manipulate others to their own gain. However, they are very self destructive, seem to have no awareness of consequences and repeat the same destructive patterns of behavior. They lack any remorse for the harm they have caused others. At times, this type of personality appears in the news in the form of a murderer who has been apprehended by the police and show indifference in front of the news cameras.

https://www.mentalhelp.net/blogs/narcissistic-vs-antisocial-or-sociopathic-personality-disorders/

This is Filip to an absolute t.

Dec 4, 2017
Brazil
In psychology, are the default state of humans are to act in ethical, empathetical ways where any deviation is due to having varying degrees of mental illness?

I just think he's lazy and dumb to either not understand what plagiarism is or to challenge the internet.
The definition of mental illness includes checking if the problem does harm to the person himself or to others.
But if there is choice than it isn't.

tmarg

Oct 25, 2017
Kalamazoo
He's a shitty writer who obviously rationalized stealing other people's work to himself. He is not a murderer.

Y'all need to knock it off with the amateur psychiatry.

mael

Avenger
Nov 3, 2017

RoKKeR

Oct 25, 2017
Just checking in after a day at work... holy hell, unbelievable how pervasive it is. One of the wildest stories I've ever seen when it comes to media/journalism.

mael

Avenger
Nov 3, 2017
I like to keep an open mind
Keeping an open mind doesn't mean looking for any excuse in the book to try to show how an asshole is just someone who is suffering from an illness.
You have nothing to base your diagnostic on and you have never had any interaction with him for all we know.
Do you also diagnose fictional characters to explain how they're sufferring from a mental disorder?

PandaShake

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The definition of mental illness includes checking if the problem does harm to the person himself or to others.
But if there is choice than it isn't.

That definition makes sense. I don't see any illness in his plagiarism. I haven't read up with apparently new posts about how he treats coworkers. There's more information seemingly constantly.

Billfisto

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
"Hey Billy, want to go play some basketball?"

"Nah, not tonight. I need to defend a prolific, unrepentant plagiarist on one specific internet forum or else he'll commit suicide."

"Dang Billy, you strange."

mia.shark

Dec 4, 2017
Karachi, Pakistan
I'm not sure if it's posted here but just read this comment on Boomstick's Dead Cell allegation video. Doesn't look good for the IGN.
screenshot_20180816-0aadaw.png

image.php

Last edited:

Mr. Pointy

Oct 28, 2017
Maybe Filip can come back on Youtube by hosting a Nintendo themed channel using a cute Muppet as a mouthpiece for his opinions and reviews...

Wait a minute.

nextJin

Mar 17, 2018
Georgia
To everyone saying IGN should change their hiring policies or to check for plagiarism, the best possible way to solve that is to do the Naughty Dog approach to new hires.

Stick the person in a room for a few hours and write something gaming related they are extremely passionate about without access to the internet. Give them a test on IGN history and major past stories. It would take 3 hours out of the day for the future employee.

If they will be doing editing devise a test with stock IGN footage and have them edit it the best they can in an hour or whatever.

Vet 5 past articles, reviews or editorials at random for 48 hours through HR.

carlosrox

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Vancouver BC
You come of like one of those lawyer types that tries to go for the insanity plea in a murder case.

As if that's not valid sometimes?

You have never met him and are not qualified to diagnose him with anything. Please stop

Likewise you haven't met him either and can't for certain say why he did what he did. I'm just exploring possibilities.

And I'm not excusing jack shit so I'll just stop anyone before they even try going down that road with me.

What we have are idiots who jump to defense force mode, using trump-infected jargon.

That's a pretty nice generalization.

What's that line about every argument eventually devolves into a Hitler comparison? I feel the same happens with Trump nowadays.

Oct 29, 2017
As if that's not valid sometimes?

Likewise you haven't met him either and can't for certain say why he did what he did. I'm just exploring possibilities.

That's a pretty nice generalization.

What's that line about every argument eventually devolves into a Hitler comparison? I feel the same happens with Trump nowadays.

Please do not 'explore possibilities' around metal illness. It is insulting to others who suffer from actual mental illness and highly inappropriate. You are not qualified to diagnose anyone with anything. Stop