Status
Not open for further replies.

scare_crow

Oct 28, 2017
I'm not sure, but he always seemed a little out of his depth the couple of times I've watched NVC after Jose left.
Yeah, he never seemed comfortable and I found him to be an awkward host.

That video is amazing. It starts out like it could just be a coincidence (not like the guy's writing was super unique or anything) but gets pretty damning.

RoboPlato

Oct 25, 2017
Wow. The beginning was just similar stuff to every other review I've seen but after the intro they get more and more blatant, even down to sharing timestamps for some of the quotes.

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
FFS with as widely as stuff can proliferate on the internet and as wide and mainstream as IGN is did this idiot think he wouldn't be eventually caught? Like come on.

Old Luke

Jul 20, 2018
I wonder if both reviewers read from a press document. I remember listening to a podcast way back, I think it was GFW Radio, and they said often when reviews sound alike, it's because both are essentially rewords of a press document provided by the publisher/developer.

I mean... I don't really see it. It sounds more like both of them were working off of the same press release or press kit for preferred terminology. I assume that a quick check of the guy's internet history on his work PC will tell all.
I think I listened/watched almost every preview of Cyberpunk 2077 at E3 and I remember a lot of people saying the same things and that was because of the press kit, so I think it's possible. But not in this case. They really look similar.

Jan 29, 2018
For all I know they both used the same press document to write their reviews.

Jumping the gun when only one side is heard is premature and frankly irresponsible.

It would be plagiarism either way, wouldn't it? Even if they're both going off a press document IGN has a reviewer passing someone else's writing as their own, compounded by the fact that it's supposed to be a critical review.

Norgler

Nov 13, 2017
Gosh there is so much he could have done to make it not obvious and he couldnt even be bothered to do that.

Hard to watch the comparison...

JakeNoseIt

Catch My Drift
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
I was ready to go to bat for the dude, but that video is damming. It's such a bummer that he MAKES IT to maybe the biggest outlet in his field and does this with the privilege

scare_crow

Oct 28, 2017
Maybe they should hire people who have actually done professional work instead of just going "Guys! This new Switch game is so awesome! OMG! Like and subscribe!"

reKon

Oct 25, 2017
I mean... I don't really see it. It sounds more like both of them were working off of the same press release or press kit for preferred terminology. I assume that a quick check of the guy's internet history on his work PC will tell all.

Are you joking? Rewatch that video. At least 5 mins of it

Goose Se7en

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This is nuts especially from Miucin. After Otero left I thought NVC was going to the shitter but Miucin is not bad at all. A little awkward especially on camera but I was still pulling for the guy. Sheesh.

Oct 25, 2017
I rarely join in on these pitchfork mob threads, but i just dont get why he would do this in this day and age. How can someone be so naive?

Deleted member 135

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
^It's also SOP for journalistic outlets to take down anything accused of plagiarism while under review to avoid potential legal issues if its indeed plagiarism.

I rarely join in on these pitchfork mob threads, but i just dont get why he would do this in this day and age. How can someone be so naive?
That's why it's good to be skeptical and give people the benefit of the doubt, especially when they haven't been able to either defend themselves or admit to wrongdoing yet.

Rmagnus

Oct 28, 2017
For all I know they both used the same press document to write their reviews.

Jumping the gun when only one side is heard is premature and frankly irresponsible.

So the press document is only passed to the two of them because the rest of the reviews don't seem to rehash almost word for word

Ja-

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
I thought it'd be just maybe half the thing max.. it was the whole thing. Damn

Shoichi

Jan 10, 2018
I didn't mind Filip's hosting of NVC, but even if he was cutting it close on a review deadline or something. This possible case of plagiarism is still a no go...need to be better than that or at least be able to hide it a lot better...

He definitely hurt IGN's reputation even if it was just a single review from a single reviewer.

Kinthey

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
If it were just one or two bits I'd agree, but it's way more than that and even in the same order

Quad Lasers

Oct 26, 2017
I'll never stop being amazed at how easily people brush off plagiarism in the face of obvious evidence.

Zomba13

#1 Waluigi Fan! Current Status: Crying
Oct 25, 2017
At the start the comparisons seemed a little thin (both introduce the game with the same description because that is what the game is) but as it goes on and on it's just the same points in the same order with slightly different wording at parts (if the IGN guy even bothers to reword). So blatant.

Slime

Oct 25, 2017
Lol forever @ people handwaving this because Shawn Elliott made a funny observation on a podcast over a decade ago.

This is blatant plagiarism, unless you can cough up this mythical press document they both apparently ripped off.

Jan 18, 2018
At the beginning the comparisons seem a little thin (both introduce the game with the same description because that is what the game is) but as it goes on it's just the same points in the same order with slightly different wording at parts (if the IGN guy even bothers to reword). So blatant.

Deleted member 135

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I get where you're coming from, but please paint the scenario where there wasn't any wrongdoing here.
There may be, there may not be. I don't know, none of us know. We don't have access to the full suite of evidence.

Therefore its irresponsible to dogpile, crusade, and light the pitchforks right out of the gate.

Deleted member 42686

Banned
Apr 26, 2018
You say 'they' as if this was a coordinated or intentional move of the editorial staff. There's nothing to support that thus far.

The only person to pin this on is the reviewer.

Whatever makes you happy, I come here to laught of plagarism. Couldn't care less about what you said. Now, resume laughting lmao

kaftan

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, chances that it wasn't plagiarized are like one in a billion. They're waaaay too similar. Repeating someone else's sentiment, stupid way to throw your career under the bus for a 4 minute video.

Status
Not open for further replies.