• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Santar

Oct 27, 2017
Norway
Each film has 5 stages, but it looks like a lot of the game's main story takes place in the open world. For example the first stage of The Phantom Menace isn't until the underwater chase scene.
That doesn't sound too bad. Looking forward to see how they handle story sequences in the open world.
Thanks for the info.

Ariakon44

Prophet of Truth
Nov 17, 2020
Well I got my copy (PS5). Thanks to whoever pointed out Cybertron Video games. I will be using them for new releases from here on out.

I am assuming that I'm not allowed to share info until the game releases

Can you please tell me if the resolution looks anywhere near 4k? I would hope a game like this would have fairly sharp image quality.

Oct 27, 2017
Can you please tell me if the resolution looks anywhere near 4k? I would hope a game like this would have fairly sharp image quality.
So it looks sharp. I am not a pixel counter so I can't tell if it's in 4k, but it does look good. There's some weird framerate stuff happening with the cutscenes though as they look like they're recorded at framerates of mostly 30 fps. I wonder if they were trying to preserve a movie feel in the cutscenes.

The game is nice. It's about what you'd expect from a Lego game. The camera is a lot closer. And there's a lot of game here, even if the gameplay is simple. I am mostly through A New Hope now.

Last edited:

Ariakon44

Prophet of Truth
Nov 17, 2020
So it looks sharp. I am not a pixel counter so I can't tell if it's in 4k, but it does look good. There's some weird framerate stuff happening with the cutscenes though, as they look like they're recorded at 30 fps a lot of the time. I wonder if they were trying to preserve a movie feel in the cutscenes.

The game is nice. It's about what you'd expect from a Lego game. And there's a lot of game here, even if the gameplay is simple.

Thank you, I'm looking forward to playing it on Tuesday

chairhome

Oct 27, 2017
Orlando
So it looks sharp. I am not a pixel counter so I can't tell if it's in 4k, but it does look good. There's some weird framerate stuff happening with the cutscenes though as they look like they're recorded at framerates of mostly 30 fps. I wonder if they were trying to preserve a movie feel in the cutscenes.

The game is nice. It's about what you'd expect from a Lego game. The camera is a lot closer. And there's a lot of game here, even if the gameplay is simple. I am mostly through A New Hope now.

Played a bit with my son and it looked pretty good at first in some cutscenes, and the jpg info for the screenshots below say its 4k resolution, but some of the IQ is a bit spotty. some dithering and even the lightsabers aren't as sharp as I was expecting. I *think* the IQ hit is to hit 60fps even in split screen, but I'm no Digital foundry.
As stated above, the cutscenes look like they're trying to run in 24fps, but come off looking a bit choppy.
Reflections are nice, though. With the lightsabers, it reflects off of a lot of surfaces. I think there was some minor screen tearing in split screen as well. See pics below (PS5, straight from capture to usb). I wanted to use the app but my screen caps don't show up in it for some reason.
gT70sL2.jpg

I3jiNZg.jpg
Mh1sbb3.jpg

cbhGdii.jpg

The sand trails/footprints are cool, but they disappear quickly.

Lunchbox

ƃuoɹʍ ʇᴉ ƃuᴉop ǝɹ,noʎ 'ʇɥƃᴉɹ sᴉɥʇ pɐǝɹ noʎ ɟI
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Rip City
Got a deluxe edition pre order at BB yesterday morning, no steel box in my order.. hopeful they send one anyway.

Also I'd like to see a one 1:1 comparison of the first level in Phantom Menace.

Last edited:

Deleted member 27751

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
If there is one series that guarantees to be rock solid on Switch, it's Lego. Tt Games are a very, very talented multi-platform studio.

JangleLuke

Oct 4, 2018
If there is one series that guarantees to be rock solid on Switch, it's Lego. Tt Games are a very, very talented multi-platform studio.
You'd be surprised, LEGO City Undercover ran like crap undocked on Switch, almost headache-inducing in spots, and I've heard similar things about LEGO Marvel Superheroes 2.

In any case, TT games had promised better performance on Switch for this title, so it's great that they seemingly managed to fullfill that promise.

Bauer91

Oct 26, 2017
People already playing on PS5, any chance there's an adjustable FOV option in the settings?

Glass

Oct 26, 2017
Got on the hype train way too late for this game after seeing all the great gameplay and cutscene clips popping up on YouTube , however the deluxe edition was all sold out at Game.

Luckily the Lego shop added some so I've managed to snag some VIP points as well .

Pizza Dog

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Really keen on this, but think I'll wait until I get my Deck to pick it up as I don't have a PS5/Series whatever and my laptop is about 15 years old. Previews look great though!

russbus64

May 1, 2018
Saw a Twitch VOD for the Switch version last night, but can't find it now. Tough to judge because of stream quality and being scaled up, but textures looked muddy and overall IQ looked meh. Might be decent on the OLED like the image above though. I'm still undecided on which version to get.

TitanicFall

Nov 12, 2017
I know a year ago they said they wouldn't have full Dualsense and 3D audio support at launch, but considering the game was delayed an entire year, did they have time to add it?

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I haven't played any of the lego star wars games since the original 2 released. It's nuts to see the difference

chairhome

Oct 27, 2017
Orlando
I know a year ago they said they wouldn't have full Dualsense and 3D audio support at launch, but considering the game was delayed an entire year, did they have time to add it?
No dualsense options that I'm aware of. I don't feel any haptic feedback/triggers.
People already playing on PS5, any chance there's an adjustable FOV option in the settings?
No FOV option, just checked.
-------
I did notice there is an option to target 30 or 60 fps. I might mess with that to check out if there's a graphical difference

AOL Power User

alt account
Banned
Oct 4, 2021
Seattle, WA
My friend is a decently well known reviewer who got both PS5 and Switch copies, so we played both in co-op at his place. Played three areas on PS5 (beginning of IV and two areas of VII) and one on Switch (beginning of VII).

The PS5 version runs great! The Switch version very much does not! Woof the Switch version is ROUGH.

I didn't really enjoy the game, personally. Take that with a grain of salt though - I'm not much of a fan of the prior LEGO games. I was hoping for a more drastic revamp in gameplay, but it largely remains the same at the core. Impressive scale though. To be clear, I haven't played these since... LEGO Marvel? So maybe there are things in these games that would cater to fans of the franchise. By and large, I felt like I was doing a lot of similar things to those older games. Aiming over the shoulder was new to me, but aiming felt a bit... loose? Still pretty cool though.

I think if you like the LEGO games, you'll love this. Otherwise, this won't change your mind.

Edit: for what it's worth he's really enjoying it.
I think he said he's gotten around half of the game complete, including (I THINK) Episodes IV and V fully finished. All on PS5. He's had it since... Tuesday? I think?

Last edited:

bloopland33

Mar 4, 2020
My friend is a decently well known reviewer who got both PS5 and Switch copies, so we played both in co-op at his place. Played three areas on PS5 (beginning of IV and two areas of VII) and one on Switch (beginning of VII).

The PS5 version runs great! The Switch version very much does not! Woof the Switch version is ROUGH.

I didn't really enjoy the game, personally. Take that with a grain of salt though - I'm not much of a fan of the prior LEGO games. I was hoping for a more drastic revamp in gameplay, but it largely remains the same at the core. Impressive scale though. To be clear, I haven't played these since... LEGO Marvel? So maybe there are things in these games that would cater to fans of the franchise. By and large, I felt like I was doing a lot of similar things to those older games. Aiming over the shoulder was new to me, but aiming felt a bit... loose? Still pretty cool though.

I think if you like the LEGO games, you'll love this. Otherwise, this won't change your mind.

Edit: for what it's worth he's really enjoying it.
I think he said he's gotten around half of the game complete, including (I THINK) Episodes IV and V fully finished. All on PS5. He's had it since... Tuesday? I think?
How's image quality and resolution on switch?

AOL Power User

alt account
Banned
Oct 4, 2021
Seattle, WA
I haven't played any of the lego star wars games since the original 2 released. It's nuts to see the difference
So like my post above alluded to, the different doesn't feel as pronounced as I would have hoped. You're still collecting a ton of blocks, you're still doing the "Hold X to build" thing, similar humor (though I love the voice acting in this).

The biggest changes I noticed were things like walking around in the world and being able to interact with NPCs. That was really cool! I have no idea if they introduced that in an earlier game. Like I mentioned, the last that I played was Marvel and I didn't get far at all.

AOL Power User

alt account
Banned
Oct 4, 2021
Seattle, WA
How's image quality and resolution on switch?
Muddy. Should have been better. I don't know how to measure resolution, unfortunately.

I've seen worse than this, but I would have expected better IQ.

Edit: also in the game's defense, this was off the opening of VII. Maybe it's better in other areas. Framerate was pretty stable, but it just didn't look good at all to me. Significant pop-in and that thing that happens where a texture looks really bad and then suddenly looks really sharp? I guess texture loading? It wasn't constant but enough to be really annoying.

Ariakon44

Prophet of Truth
Nov 17, 2020
Played a bit with my son and it looked pretty good at first in some cutscenes, and the jpg info for the screenshots below say its 4k resolution, but some of the IQ is a bit spotty. some dithering and even the lightsabers aren't as sharp as I was expecting. I *think* the IQ hit is to hit 60fps even in split screen, but I'm no Digital foundry.
As stated above, the cutscenes look like they're trying to run in 24fps, but come off looking a bit choppy.
Reflections are nice, though. With the lightsabers, it reflects off of a lot of surfaces. I think there was some minor screen tearing in split screen as well. See pics below (PS5, straight from capture to usb). I wanted to use the app but my screen caps don't show up in it for some reason.
gT70sL2.jpg

I3jiNZg.jpg
Mh1sbb3.jpg

cbhGdii.jpg

The sand trails/footprints are cool, but they disappear quickly.

Thank you for the pics and feedback

Last edited:

bloopland33

Mar 4, 2020
Muddy. Should have been better. I don't know how to measure resolution, unfortunately.

Edit: also in the game's defense, this was off the opening of VII. Maybe it's better in other areas. Framerate was pretty stable, but it just didn't look good at all to me. Significant pop-in and that thing that happens where a texture looks really bad and then suddenly looks really sharp? I guess texture loading? It wasn't constant but enough to be really annoying.
Thanks! Wonder if any of that's any better in solo

Danby

One Winged Slayer
Oct 7, 2020
Guess the reviews are coming up pretty close to release. Surprised they haven't come out yet.

ragolliangatan

▲ Legend ▲
Aug 31, 2019

it's a texture streaming issue- the memory bandwidth on the Switch isn't great so getting textures into memory and fully loaded can be a problem if you don't adjust how it's handled on the platform by your engine.

chairhome

Oct 27, 2017
Orlando
I think the IQ is a bit better in 30fps mode (which would make sense), I'll try to take some comparison pics later.
My son has been playing more than I have, but were on ep 3 now. He finished the first two last night and this morning

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
The biggest changes I noticed were things like walking around in the world and being able to interact with NPCs. That was really cool! I have no idea if they introduced that in an earlier game. Like I mentioned, the last that I played was Marvel and I didn't get far at all.
They have, but nowhere near to the level of this game. The major step forward in Skywalker Saga seems to be just how much care was put into the open world aspects.

The games sure have come a long way since Lego Indiana Jones 2 (the first game to have it's hub be more than just a place to select levels and shop).