• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

If your preferred candidate doesn't win the nomination, will you still vote for the person who does?

• Yes

Votes: 432 94.7%
  • No

Votes: 22 4.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wraith

Jun 28, 2018
Depends on where those no votes are coming from. There's nothing wrong with voting no if you live somewhere like California or New York, your vote only really matters if you come from one of a dozen-ish states.
The problem is too many people thought their states were safe when they weren't. Wisconsin, Michigan, Pennsylvania. And even in many states that went blue in the end, the margin was too close for comfort.

The more people who think their state is safe and stay home, or toss their vote to a third party/write-in, the less safe it ends up being.

Josh378

Oct 27, 2017
Also, another Trump term means he may escape any potential consequences for his actions, due to:
  • The incredibly short statute of limitations
  • The special counsel's inability to bring an indictment
  • A president's supposed "immunity" from prosecution
  • The fact that the Senate is never going to convict him, even if the House impeaches him, because Republicans
The 2020 presidential election could determine whether Trump faces consequences for alleged crimes

Trump could be indicted in 2021 — unless he's reelected

The President Has Been Implicated in a Crime. Statutes of Limitations Should Not Save Him

Yea, my wife and I was discussing that same subject yesterday. Two things need to happen. Trump MUST be a one term president. We need to take back the Senate and start putting in a lot of presidential restrictions in office so that this will never happen again with another sitting president. People don't realise that 4 years is a long time in politics and can be devastating to the economy if laws are put in that could destroy people rights.

Dan

Oct 25, 2017
*facepalm* Is this really necessary?

Its a good question.

Loyal voters are fine. Well done to those that voted yes.

However it's the swing voters that win elections. And last time Hilary lost those, and lost the election. Chances are if you were of the thought "Anyone but Trump", you voted that way last time.. and lost.

Elections are never to contest the loyal voterbase.

gutter_trash

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Montreal
who ever wins the D nomination, you vote for that.

If you are one of those jack boots and Chavez-Maduro beret extemies who will never vote for anyone unless its their 'guy'; you are basically voting for Trump

DiceHands

Oct 27, 2017
I was really worried to see the outcome of that poll. After seeing it though, I am more encouraged. I am glad most people see how important this is and are able to put their favorites to the side in order to hopefully clean this mess up.

No matter what, we have to stay united and get trump out of there.

Transistor

Hollowly Brittle
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Washington, D.C.
who ever wins the D nomination, you vote for that.

If you are one of those jack boots and Chavez-Maduro beret extemies who will never vote for anyone unless its their 'guy'; you are basically voting for Trump
Apparently Gabbard is even worse than Trump, from what some people would have you believe.

Don't get me wrong, I don't like her. But no way in fuck is she more dangerous than 4 more years of Trump

OP
OP
ElectricBlanketFire

ElectricBlanketFire

What year is this?
Oct 25, 2017
Policing people's votes here on ERA is going to have exactly zilch effect on election outcomes. Please turn the record over.

I am aware this thread will not decide the 2020 election.

I purposely didn't make votes public so people would not have to respond to their vote unless they chose to. Nobody is policing anything.

Chaos Legion

The Wise Ones
Oct 30, 2017
The problem is too many people thought their states were safe when they weren't. Wisconsin, Michigan, Pennsylvania. And even in many states that went blue in the end, the margin was too close for comfort.

The more people who think their state is safe and stay home, or toss their vote to a third party/write-in, the less safe it ends up being.
I think swing States in this election should be expanded to include the demonstrably blue states that went for Trump.

But as a resident of Illinois, we aren't voting for Trump. Blame the other Midwest states for that slip up.

Deleted member 7051

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Considering you're basically voting on whether Trump gets a second term or not, I'd hope who runs against him isn't actually that important. Even if it means someone less than ideal sits in the White House until 2024, it's better than having Trump there.

Who knows, if Trump is beaten and a Democrat takes his place then maybe they'll set the stage so Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez can comfortably win in 2024 and then we get some real change.

Oct 27, 2017
This conversation really can't happen without discussing pros and cons of specific candidates, as this discussion comes up in PoliEra and the 2020 Primary thread from time to time, as well as in threads concerning social issues. Please use the 2020 Primary thread. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.