• Barenaked Ladies

Votes: 97 23.2%
  • Spin Doctors

Votes: 26 6.2%

• Total voters

hendersonhank

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Goo Goo Dolls ruled before they became soft rock. Just great catchy pop-rock a la Replacements. Some of my favorite live shows of all time.

Last edited:

Mahonay

Oct 25, 2017
Pencils Vania
I chose Dave Matthews Band; not for any real affinity for his music, just because I prefer jam bands (Spin Doctors would be 2nd choice).

When I was in college my fraternity hired Dave to play our huge annual party. This was 1994 right before he made it big and at the time was his largest gig. That crowd is a couple thousand really drunk people and he was a little shellshocked (check out all those peak '90s haircuts!). As I recall, he wasn't very good, but I was pretty drunk, too.

7lbiF5D.jpg
This is a actually a super cool moment in time. Thanks for sharing.

Fallout-NL

Oct 30, 2017
I was ready to be able to pick at least one, but no. Feel like that guy opening the fridge only to discover there's nothing there.

bryehn

Oct 27, 2017
Ottawa
One time of n Starbucks, Dave Matthews mistook me for someone else and I didn't know who Dave Matthews was. I thought he was somebody I knew — and had simply blanked on - so I kept up the pretense and we chatted like old pals.

A little while after he left, the Baristas said "whoa holy shit you're actually friends with Dave Matthews!!"

I said, "I have no idea who you're talking about " and the head barista just does a big "suuuure" wink and jaw. Befuddled I went about my business.

to this day they think me and Dave Matthews are firm friends. I also discovered he lives close by in a fairly normal absolutely not ritzy little neighborhood.I since listened to a bunch of Dave Matthews Band music.

so, my pick is Goo Goo Dolls.

Oh my! Hahaha

blame space

Resettlement Advisor
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
this is what your future presidential election looks like when third parties actually gain traction in 200 years.

alpha

Oct 25, 2017
Matchbox Twenty or Goo Goo Dolls. My older sister loved both of them growing up so I heard a lot of both and actually like their music.

NHarmonic.

â–˛ Legend â–˛
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
One time of n Starbucks, Dave Matthews mistook me for someone else and I didn't know who Dave Matthews was. I thought he was somebody I knew — and had simply blanked on - so I kept up the pretense and we chatted like old pals.

A little while after he left, the Baristas said "whoa holy shit you're actually friends with Dave Matthews!!"

I said, "I have no idea who you're talking about " and the head barista just does a big "suuuure" wink and jaw. Befuddled I went about my business.

to this day they think me and Dave Matthews are firm friends. I also discovered he lives close by in a fairly normal absolutely not ritzy little neighborhood.I since listened to a bunch of Dave Matthews Band music.

so, my pick is Goo Goo Dolls.

Dead.

Hero_of_the_Day

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I really liked Matchbox 20s first and third album. I enjoy simple pop songs with guitars and drums. I am easy to amuse like that.

Goo Goo Dolls have enough good songs in their library to make a good playlist.

lunarworks

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
BNL is in first place now, as things should be.

Goo Goo Dolls coming in second now, which because despite their music being corny, Iris is a certified jam.

mAcOdIn

Oct 27, 2017
I'm going with the Goo Goo Dolls, they have several songs I like, the rest only have 1 or 2 songs apiece I like.

Fiction

Fanthropologist
Oct 25, 2017
Elf Tower, New Mexico
I was a teen in the 90s and I am sad Era doesn't like these bands :( I was a grunge puppy but damn it I also loved Matchbox 20 and Barenaked Ladies. Goo Goo Dolls were alright too.

Trash? Pfft.

Skade

Oct 28, 2017
I know only of two of those bands and am pretty sure i haven't listened to any song from them.

So i'll take Tool, thank you.

NaturalHigh

Oct 27, 2017
I was a teen in the 90s and I am sad Era doesn't like these bands :( I was a grunge puppy but damn it I also loved Matchbox 20 and Barenaked Ladies. Goo Goo Dolls were alright too.

Trash? Pfft.
For real. This thread has been a real eye opener and very disheartening. I was still a prepubescent pup at the turn of the century but by god I absorbed a lot of 90s music and it is still the dominant decade in my library.

Edit: I'll add; AiC is still my favorite band of the 90s or any decade tho

Deleted member 925

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Goo Goo Dolls is an easy pick.

They are constantly changing their sound and do something new with each record. Most people know them from their big hits, but their debut is a really sold album and the newest album was really nice.