• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Mik2121

Oct 25, 2017
Japan
I'm in the process of buying an apartment (that I loved) in the city (that I love much less). If my company were to learn from the situation and adopt WFH, I would probably but an apartment or house either further into the countryside but still not too far, or straight up go to either New Zealand, the Mediterranean coasts of Spain (my home country) or maybe somewhere cheap-ish along the coasts of California.
I don't think I'd love living in a remote island or something along those lines since it would also be fairly inconvenient.

Jegriva

Banned
Sep 23, 2019
Manhattan, just for the thrill of it. But with spending 6 months per year on the Como Lake.

Mochi

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Seattle
In the long term, Scotland, New Zealand, or Vancouver, BC when you consider which places are going to be most hospitable in the future, climate-wise.

In the short term, I'd love to live in French Polynesia.

Maple

Oct 27, 2017
In a remote part of Alaska.

Of course I would need a high speed internet connection though, which is becoming possible with services like Starlink.

PinkSpider

Oct 27, 2017
Been working at home since the end of March, it'd take a lot effort and probably cliche and awkward as a Vegan but Japan. I was going to open a Vegan place in Hull and we're flooded with the stuff now and a semi medium place in Japan could work. Quite been a fan of Japanese music in my teens (long ago) and the Vegan Japanese food is pretty banging.

Blue Ninja

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
If I could, I'd move to Norway or Iceland. Somewhere in or around a fjord. I'd never even travel anymore, think of all the money I'd save.

giallo

Oct 27, 2017
Seoul
Vancouver or Kelowna (hometown) in BC. Taitung in Taiwan.

I'm in Seoul now, and so desperately want to leave this place.

Lion

Banned
Jul 7, 2020
I have been living in New Zealand for 4 years now. While I absolutely love it here, I do want to check out Australia for a few years too. I can definitely see myself retiring in New Zealand though. I hate to say it but I could never see myself returning to my home country of Ireland.
Where are you living in nz?

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Somewhere in the mountains with great skiing and mild cool summers. That'd be the best for me

ty_hot

Banned
Dec 14, 2017
I think Portugal has a very nice balance of decent salary, good quality of life, warm weather and nice welcoming people. It is also in the EU which makes traveling easy.

Last edited:

Pau

Self-Appointed Godmother of Bruce Wayne's Children
Oct 25, 2017
The ideal:
  • Great public transportation within and between cities, towns, and rural. No need for car.
  • Diverse community and not discriminatory. I can pass for white in most places, but still.
  • Diverse food options, including Latin food, and at least a few Colombian spots.
  • Doesn't need to be a huge city or town, but one that is mostly pedestrian and somewhat dense.
  • All four seasons.
  • Mountains.
  • Abortion is legal.
  • Work culture is reasonable.
Alright folks what languages do I need to start learning and whose immigration websites do I need to start searching? Does this place even exist?

DFG

Self requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Exactly where I am. Melbourne is a fantastic place to be.

Deleted member 431

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The ideal:
  • Great public transportation within and between cities, towns, and rural. No need for car.
  • Diverse community and not discriminatory. I can pass for white in most places, but still.
  • Diverse food options, including Latin food, and at least a few Colombian spots.
  • Doesn't need to be a huge city or town, but one that is mostly pedestrian and somewhat dense.
  • All four seasons.
  • Mountains.
  • Abortion is legal.
  • Work culture is reasonable.
Alright folks what languages do I need to start learning and whose immigration websites do I need to start searching? Does this place even exist?
This describes where I live - Toronto, Canada. Montreal and to a lesser extent Vancouver fit the bill too.

giallo

Oct 27, 2017
Seoul
What's wrong with Seoul?

I can't work here which definitely makes it tough to want to stay. I kind of got stuck out here due to Covid, and it wasn't a place I intended to stay long term.

The real issue I have is that I'm not a big fan of Seoul culture. It's a very stressful place filled with very stressed out people. The pressure put on the citizens of this city is crazy (be it through their social circles, family and their work environment). I feel bad for the Seoulites I know. They all put on a good face, but they don't seem happy at all.

I don't want to downplay the amazing qualities of this city; the food, hospitals and infrastructure are top notch, and it's very safe, but the city isn't for me.

Pau

Self-Appointed Godmother of Bruce Wayne's Children
Oct 25, 2017
This describes where I live - Toronto, Canada. Montreal and to a lesser extent Vancouver fit the bill too.
Time to move to Canada. Hope y'all need data scientists and graphic designers.

I haven't been to Toronto since I was seven or so. But I did visit Montreal recently and was surprised by how many Colombians are there!

Vanillalite

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
1) Where I currently live just in a bigger house for my family

2) Cali coast, but I got kids so nowhere to off the beaten path cause I need good schools

3) If we are going international somewhere in London

4) I'd kill to live in Kapalua on Maui if this was retirement, but not in my top 3 cause I'm still in my family man stage. If my kids were grown or in college this would be open and shut #1.

5) Charleston on somewhere like James Island.

KAMI-SAMA

Banned
Aug 25, 2020
I'd want to pick either Japan, New Zealand, Canada, Hawaii. If money isn't an issue then I could see myself staying in each location for atleast 1 year apart. Take advantage of the unlimited money I have lol.