• Silent Hill

Votes: 520 60.7%
  • Resident Evil 3 : Nemesis

Votes: 336 39.3%

• Total voters

Toriko

Banned
Dec 29, 2017
Just thought it will be a fun little thread. If you could wish for a big budget remake of a horror title from the PS1 era which one would you prefer

Silent Hill - A horror masterpiece and one of the greatest games ever made. I am one of the few people who actually think it is even better than SH2. The gameplay, the music, the atmosphere, the story... I would not change a thing

Resident Evil 3 : Nemesis - A wonderfully crafted game with one of my favorite and iconic stalkers in video game history. A beautiful balance between action and horror and consistently tense

So era which one would you choose?

Jombie

Oct 27, 2017
It'll never happen, but I'd do anything to see the same treatment of SH1-3 as the RE games have gotten.

Gibson

Oct 29, 2017
RE3.

KONAMI don't deserve to touch Silent Hill.

Also RE2 remake was excellent and I want more of that, so it would serve as a good blueprint for the third.

Dernhelm

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Prior to REmake 2? Maybe Nemesis, but given how there is only so much new they can create for Nemesis now, seeing a dedicated team do Silent Hill justice would be insane.

Mr. Keith

Oct 31, 2017
Capcom is on fire right now with their new games. I would choose RE3 in a heartbeat.

Honestly RE3 Remake is a given though so I'd probabaly want Silent Hill.

Kuroyume

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Siren should have been an option.

I'll go with RE. I have a feeling that a big budget SH wouldn't have good atmosphere. The'd fuck with it somehow because it's Konami.

OP
OP
Toriko

Toriko

Banned
Dec 29, 2017
While I agree Silent Hill absolutely slaughters RE3 , I would still be excited to see RE3 remake just for Nemesis alone.

Stiler

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Silent Hill sorely needs a remake, the first 2 games at least, I mean seeing how well the RE games did it baffles me how Konami is treating the SH series.

Tokyo_Funk

Banned
Dec 10, 2018
I love both, but I have to go with RE3 only because I don't trust the current Konami to do a good job. If they had some decent games recently, it would have been Silent Hill without question

sph3re

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Silent Hill, assuming the Konami in this hypothetical scenario is fair and just. It's a pioneer of psychological horror games.

VaporSnake

Oct 28, 2017
I think the early SH games have aged like wine, I don't really think we need a remake of those games.

OP
OP
Toriko

Toriko

Banned
Dec 29, 2017
Silent Hill sorely needs a remake, the first 2 games at least, I mean seeing how well the RE games did it baffles me how Konami is treating the SH series.

Konami should eventually see sense and sell the ip to someone else. No one wants to see a Silent Hill themed pachinko machine anyways. I cannot see how the IP is going to serve their pachinko business.

poptire

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I've never really enjoyed the Silent Hill franchise so I voted Nemesis.

But it would be cool for fans of that franchise to get a good remake.

bangai-o

Oct 27, 2017
The question need clarification.
Posters are going to assume Silent hill is developed by Konami, as opposed to having another high profile developer do the job.
Posters have already seen RE remakes. They want Silent Hill.

NightShift

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Silent Hill desperately needs to come back although RE3 deserves a remake more because it a much more flawed game.

The real answer is SH2 though. That game desperately needs a SotC style remake.

Feb 24, 2018
I played both for the first time last year (along with Resident Evil 1-2 on PS1 and Silent Hill 2 and 3) and I'm going to go with Silent Hill. 3 isn't a bad game by any means, but I felt it was the weakest of the 3 RE games. Silent Hill was a game that I found it's atmosphere legit scary even with the dated graphics and had an interesting plot behind it, failing really only in the monster department (not helped that my version of SH1 was the PAL version where replaced those ghost kids with mole people).

Feb 24, 2018
Though if we go with Resident Evil 3, should we make a bonus mode that makes you play the game as Akuma in honour of that famous April Fools joke?

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Silent Hill. As perfect as the REmakes are, I would sell my soul for a proper Silent Hill remake in the same vein.

Last edited:

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I find it hard to really imagine a Silent Hill remake. RE games, even if occupying the same genre, tended to have more compelling gameplay mechanics, and ones that could (and have been) adapted without losing their soul. Silent Hill's a scarier series, but the way that game deals with combat, I feel like a remake would possibly either be a bit dull to play or undercut it by going too action-ey.

Feels like RE3 is such a no-brainer, with having RE2 and Mr. X as templates for the titular Nemesis. And I feel like it's easier to mess around with the RE universe given the cheesy stories.

Nemesis_

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
I genuinely believe a lot of Silent Hills charm today is how rough it looks and how.....Dirty it is. I think a remake wouldn't capture that same spirit, honestly

OP
OP
Toriko

Toriko

Banned
Dec 29, 2017
I genuinely believe a lot of Silent Hills charm today is how rough it looks and how.....Dirty it is. I think a remake wouldn't capture that same spirit, honestly

Someone with a good understanding of SH can still make it work with the appropriate filters in the re imagining. If SH2 and SH3 can be made and still be oppressive with newer hardware ( ps2 ) after SH1 I dont see why SH1 cannot be remade on powerful hardware. Next gen lighting and fog tech alone can do wonders.

Of course it needs the right team which given Konami is not going to happen ever.

KalBalboa

Oct 30, 2017
Massachusetts
Assuming either would come out good, Silent Hill.

Resident Evil 3 is fantastic, but I JUST got a modern take on Raccoon City. I'd like a proper, modern remake of the original Silent Hill.

Hate

Oct 26, 2017
RE3.

I mean besides my obvious bias, I wouldn't let anyone touch SH other than Team Silent.

OP
OP
Toriko

Toriko

Banned
Dec 29, 2017
Got all nostalgic seeing this...

Map-Old-SH-Comp.jpg

Konami is the worst company in the world for sitting on this ip doing squat. Sell the IP for gods sake.

big_z

Nov 2, 2017
Re3 because I never played the original.
Silent hill isn't very good to begin with. The second, third and wii reimagining are solid but that first game is generic in many ways.

RoninZ

Oct 27, 2017
The current Konami can't do a proper Silent Hill much less do a remake. It died after the fallout with Kojima. They're all just gonna stay making Pachinko, PES, Bomberman, and YuGiOh for a long time.

It's dead as the Suikoden series.

AVtechNICK

Dec 13, 2017
As much I like Resident Evil 3: Nemesis, I would easily choose Silent Hill to get a full-blown remake.

But Konami is not a Capcom and the odds of this happening are meager.

IrishNinja

Oct 27, 2017
Vice City
SH by a country mile, even if it's gonna feel weird revisiting that first chapter that ends in very non-silent hill places, plot wise