do you want Buepoint to continue as the remake studio?

• Yes, I want them to continue remaking classic PlayStation games

Votes: 450 55.0%
  • I want them to develop new games w/ established IP (e.g. Demon's Souls 2)

Votes: 100 12.2%
  • I want them to create a new IP

Votes: 268 32.8%

• Total voters

ToddBonzalez

The Pyramids? That's nothing compared to RDR2
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
With Bluepoint aquisition rumors swirling, what would you want to become of Bluepoint Games if they did indeed get acquired by Sony? Do you want them to remain in the the their niche, creating beautiful remakes of Sony classics, or would you like them to start developing new games of their own? If they go that second route, there's 2 basic options. They can expand existing Sony series (Demon Souls 2, Uncharted: Sully, etc.), or create a new IP of their own. What would prefer to see this team tackle if they do get bought?

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
New shit, please. I'm so tired of prettied-up takes on other people's old ideas. Give us some new IP.

In absolutely no way do I want to see them developing sequels to Demon's Souls or Bloodborne.

EggmaniMN

Banned
May 17, 2020
I want them to do what they want to do and not what someone on a message board thinks they should do.

oni-link

tag reference no one gets
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Make new games, I don't mind if they're new entries in existing IP, or if they're new IP

New games are always better than remakes

Jan 11, 2018
New game please. The studios employees people that helped create freaking Metroid Prime. Surely they're a creative bunch.

Trieu

Feb 22, 2019
I voted yes simply because of how great they are at doing it, but I wouldn't mind to see them expanding and make some fresh IPs (but don't spread yourself too thin)

TronLight

Jun 17, 2018
Sony already has many studios that can make new IPs. Bluepoint's niche is remakes and remasters, which is an area that requires some specific skills. And Sony has a ton of IPs they could remake.
I think it would be much more valuable as a "remake studio".

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
I'd want them to make whatever their studio is best equipped to make and what the studio thesmeslves want to make. If that's more remakes/remasters, more power to them.

Oct 25, 2017
Whatever they want to do, though I imagine Sony wouldn't be interested in a renowed remake studio if they didn't plan to have at least a couple more games remade. Bluepoint doing a brand new game isn't as much of a proven quality as a remake would be, so it seems like a weird investment to make.

Chaos Legion

The Wise Ones
Oct 30, 2017
Curious to see how they'd approach a new IP, honestly*.

*Unless they're remaking Legend of Dragoon, in which case fuck new IP focus on that.

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
Whatever they wish to make.
If memory serves me right, last we heard in 2018 the plan was to make a big remake after Shadow of the Colossus (Demon's Souls), and later a new IP.

Angie

Best Avatar Thread Ever!
Nov 20, 2017
Kingdom of Corona
Yes.
That is what they are good at, and what makes them so unique.
Speculating what they will remake next will be fun.

Deleted member 54073

User requested account closure
Banned
Feb 22, 2019
Well there's only so many games they can remake.. but ideally they would grow the studio and have one team do remakes and the other make new stuff. Best of both worlds.

Acquiescence

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Lake Titicaca
I want them to remake Soul Reaver, ditch the boring time travel bollocks and make it a simple revenge fable.

And don't butcher Raziel by giving him hamster cheeks or anything like that.

Izanagi89

"This guy are sick" and Corrupted by Vengeance
Oct 27, 2017
Just until they remake Legend of Dragoon then I want them to flex their chops with their own game

Kupo Kupopo

Jul 6, 2019
New shit, please. I'm so tired of prettied-up takes on other people's old ideas. Give us some new IP.

In absolutely no way do I want to see them developing sequels to Demon's Souls or Bloodborne.

thank you. what in the hell is with this idea that, simply because they remade demon's souls, this somehow qualifies them to create a sequel to it? ludicrous...

Acetown

Oct 28, 2017
We don't have much of a reference point beyond their remakes and remasters (which they excel at,) so whether or not they are capable of developing their own games is anyone's guess.
Given Bluepoint's distinct niche I don't understand what exactly Sony would gain by acquiring them.

Stat

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly, yes. I get they want to do a new IP probably but they're so good at a remake that why shake up what works.

J_ToSaveTheDay

"This guy are sick" and Corrupted by Vengeance
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Same thing I'm going to say about every single "what kind of projects do you think (developer) should do?": let them do whatever they're most passionate about at the time.

If Bluepoint feels extremely impassioned about a remake, greenlight it.

If they ask to pursue new IP, let them.

Fuck what I want -- when you get a studio of that talent to come together, I really only hope that they get to do whatever they want often enough to stick around and empower and embolden themselves. What I want ultimately is to just have access to great games, and I think that's the most successful route to great games -- when the developer feels passion for the project.

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
We don't have much of a reference point beyond their remakes and remasters, so whether or not they are capable of developing their own games is anyone's guess.
Given Bluepoint's distinct niche I don't understand what exactly Sony would gain by acquiring them.

They remade two games and got 90+ MC on both with 2 years between them. That's not easy to do.

Kromeo

Oct 27, 2017
Let them continue to do what they do best. I really don't need a Legend of Dragoon remake though, good games only please

Deleted member 8579

Oct 26, 2017
If they could do both that might be cool if other remakes are worth doing but really hope they get to do whatever they choose whether they get bought out or not.