• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

The co-op partners should be (choose 2!)

• Leon

Votes: 136 42.1%
  • Claire

Votes: 114 35.3%
  • Jill

Votes: 168 52.0%
  • Chris

Votes: 80 24.8%
  • Other (Ada, Sheva, Rebecca, Barry, Moira, Josh, Etc)

Votes: 105 32.5%

• Total voters

Trickster

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Honestly wouldn't give a shit about which characters it were. Forced co-op partner again in a main RE game would make me to mad to care.

If it were a spin-off with no impact on a mainline RE game's development, I'd probably like to see Jill and Rebecca. Could be a cool experience vs inexperience dynamic, and it'd be cool to have women as both protagonists

Sgt. Demblant

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
France
Sherry and Jake.
Also, have no conflict or monsters whatsoever. Just give me the cutest and most heartwarming romance story in videogame history.

Or, alternatively, Sheva and Jill.
I love Chris and Leon but we saw them plenty already. Sheva has shown so much potential and we need to see that fully realized. Plus you can throw Jill in there for the nostalgia, it's been a while since she's been the protagonist in a mainline entry.

Trisc

Oct 27, 2017
Two newbies who are in over their heads. One player focuses entirely on protecting the other and moving around heavy objects, the other has a means to weaken foes (such as an UV flashlight or some other conventional tool) so the other can do bonus damage, and is more limber, able to climb up to areas inaccessible to the other player.

No returning characters. There isn't a single main protagonist in the Resident Evil series who isn't a hardened badass by the end of their game. If they're a recurring protagonist, then they're even more ridiculous. Return to the RE7 style, where instead of some hardened counter-BOW operative or series veteran, it's a green, terrified, unprepared person who either brought the horror on themselves (RE7), or found themselves in that situation unwittingly (RE2).

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017
New character + new character

Two newbies who are in over their heads. One player focuses entirely on protecting the other and moving around heavy objects, the other has a means to weaken foes (such as an UV flashlight or some other conventional tool) so the other can do bonus damage, and is more limber, able to climb up to areas inaccessible to the other player.

No returning characters. There isn't a single main protagonist in the Resident Evil series who isn't a hardened badass by the end of their game. If they're a recurring protagonist, then they're even more ridiculous. Return to the RE7 style, where instead of some hardened counter-BOW operative or series veteran, it's a green, terrified, unprepared person who either brought the horror on themselves (RE7), or found themselves in that situation unwittingly (RE2).

This.

Squishy3

Oct 27, 2017
I actually think if they were to do it again they'd do it similar to DMC's where if it's a section where other characters show up, they're either played as AI when offline, people or ghost data of that person like DMC does it. And in DMC they're not all in the same area as you, so you could have stuff like the end of RE6 where iirc Sherry and Jake could provide cover from high-up for Chris and Piers during one of their segments. Just make it seamless instead of opt-in like it was in RE6 and it's golden. Completely unintrusive like DMC is the way to go. Single characters, but just segments where others show up occasionally like DMC.

Really hope they do the swapping between characters around like DMCV since it could provide a nice shakeup for a modern new third person RE and not feeling totally disconnected by having to go back into a menu like in RE6.

Oct 25, 2017
Any combination of Jill, Claire and Leon. I would LOVE to see Sheva return as well from the stable of less popular characters.

Jecht

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's time.

6016B214732CEAF7081D5027D0E6719DC68414E0

batfax

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Bill S. Preston and Ted "Theodore" Logan.

tbh any combination of RE characters would be good. RE2make made me really hope to see more Claire, so that'd be good, and it'd be nice to see Sheva again some day.

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Jake and Leon if you have to bring back returning folks.

Otherwise brand new characters like 7.

Damn Silly

Oct 25, 2017
Leon and Chris. Just an entire game of Chrisposting, although it couldn't even pretend to be a horror game with those two as the leads.

Alternatively, Jill and Claire could be fun, and they meet up with Sheva along the way.

Finally, newbie and newbie.

Yukari

Mar 28, 2018
Thailand
We can expect that Capcom gonna add something to make The sequel fresh not same game but different character&locations.