• If you have been following the news, you should be aware that the people of Lebanon have been under a violent bombardment that has recently escalated. Please consider donating to help them if you can or trying to spread word of the fundraiser.

ItIsOkBro

Happy New Year!!
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto

Pidgeot / Pigeon

018.png

Raticate / Rat

Zizzagoon / Raccoon

Crobat / Bat

Sawbuck / Deer

Houndoom / Neighbour's dog

OrangeNova

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
There's no goose pokemon, so if there was, there'd be a lot in my area.

But, my city has Bats, Bears, Birds, Geese, Coyotes, Deer, Fox, Groundhogs, Rabbits, Raccoons, Skunk, Squirrels and Waterfowl. And we're close enough to the great lakes that most freshwater pokemon would be there and seagulls.

So, Squirtle for sure, maybe a Pikachu or a Magnemite, there's a major power plant nearby so that's in. A Stunky would be pretty damn common, so I'd probably take one of those. find a Houndour breeder, get one of those, and it's the forest city, so I could probably get a Phantump, already live next to a graveyard with a forest attached to it. Head on down to a quarry and get a rock type, Probably a Geodude.

So,
Squirtle, Magnemite, Stunky, Houndour, Phantump, Geodude.
Or if it was 1:1 animal swap
Turtwig, Pikachu, Stunky, Stantler, Hoothoot, Magikarp.

Grapezard

Nov 16, 2017
I'm a few hours away from the Arctic circle, so...
Vulpix - red fox/arctic fox.
Alolan Golem - people look like this pretty often, and there's a lot of mining going on.
Murkrow - Huge ravens everywhere. There are no crows, but Murkrow fits best.
Stantler - caribou/moose, I know both are based on deer, but there aren't any better-fitting Pokemon.
Snover - Boreal forests. It's like, all there is.
Beartic - Polar bears show up for a few months a year.

jjtg7o.png

I live in the arctic, above the arctic circle.
So probably a lot of ice/snow Pokèmon.
Alolan Ninetails (arctic fox) and Stantler (moose, elk) are the first to pop into my mind, haha!
My people.

Deleted member 2618

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'd have a pet Eevee! There'd be a bunch of Deerling which sucks but w/e. There's a bunch of Pichu in the field behind my house. Pachirisu are all over too. So Eevee, Deerling, Pikachu, Pachirisu, maybe a Beedrill.

Delio

Oct 25, 2017
I live in Texas but not anywhere near the wildlife. Got snakes so my starter would be Snivy. We have a lot of wild dogs and cats roaming the city but that's par for the course for many cities. Some Purrloins and some Lillipups since it's Unovan Pokemon. Also get a lot of raccoons and possums but there is no possum Pokemon so add a Zigzagoon to the list. Then of course there's the Pidoves. Then I round it all off with a Tympole cuz I like toads and if it ever rains around here they come out in droves.

Pastoria City has a lot of swampland and they have Pokemon like Croagunk and Carnivine. Add those to your team. Wishcash too for catfish.

I'll add to the Texas list with stuff like Ekans. I also get a fair amount of Wasps around here for I like to think Beedrill would be common in this part. ALSO ive seen slugs a lot recently so maybe a southern version of Gastrodon? Would give us Texans a water type. Also it's cliche but I have a lot of people riding horses around me so Ponyta/Rapidash i could see.

OP
OP
PBalfredo

PBalfredo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
There's no goose pokemon, so if there was, there'd be a lot in my area.

But, my city has Bats, Bears, Birds, Geese, Coyotes, Deer, Fox, Groundhogs, Rabbits, Raccoons, Skunk, Squirrels and Waterfowl. And we're close enough to the great lakes that most freshwater pokemon would be there and seagulls.

So, Squirtle for sure, maybe a Pikachu or a Magnemite, there's a major power plant nearby so that's in. A Stunky would be pretty damn common, so I'd probably take one of those. find a Houndour breeder, get one of those, and it's the forest city, so I could probably get a Phantump, already live next to a graveyard with a forest attached to it. Head on down to a quarry and get a rock type, Probably a Geodude.

So,
Squirtle, Magnemite, Stunky, Houndour, Phantump, Geodude.
Or if it was 1:1 animal swap
Turtwig, Pikachu, Stunky, Stantler, Hoothoot, Magikarp.
For the purpose of this, think of it more like all wildlife gets replaced with whatever their closest pokemon is, rather than everything that isn't also a pokemon just vanishing. So geese would be replace with Swanna rather than there just being no geese.
250px-581Swanna.png

And including non-wildlife things based on your location like ghost pokemon and pokemon based on manmade objects is 100% okay.

DevilPuncher

"This guy are sick" and Aggressively Mediocre
Oct 25, 2017
I'd have a Pachirisu, an Emolga, a Sentret, a Zigzagoon, a Stantler (*shudders*), and a Murkrow.

I grew up in the sticks, so I wouldn't have anything particular interesting.

nicolasacmf

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
The Pidgey family isn't based off of pigeons, guys. Pidgey are sparrows, Pidgeotto and Pidgeot are eagles.

Wil Grieve

Oct 25, 2017
I'm from Texas, so since Unova is the United States region, I'll choose to limit what Pokemon I would find in Texas to Gen 5.

So my team would probably be something like:

Vullaby/Mandibuzz

The Stoutland line

Woobat/Swoobat (probably caught during the Congress Bridge bat emergence in Austin)

Maractus

Sawsbuck

And then I dunno. Braviary just to nail in the "'murica fuck yeah" crowd, I suppose.

woopWOOP

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Rats - Rattata
Ducks - Ducklett
Sparrows - Spearow
Seagulls - Wingull
Frogs - Politoed
Spiders - Spinarak

pkmnteam.png

Probably not gonna win any leagues with this crew, but that's okay

Rogue Blue

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
A shit ton of Deerling

And a shit ton of Pachirisu.

Like, we're talking an ungodly amount here.

OP
OP
PBalfredo

PBalfredo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Don't forget to consider what grass-types and bug-types would be nearby, too. Plus pokemon based on manmade objects. There's more than just Normal-type critters.

Deleted member 7450

Oct 25, 2017
Where I live (in my neighborhood specifically), would essentially be a bird town.

Name a Pokemon that flies and there is a high probability that it would be here or at least pass through occasionally.
pigeons, parrots, toucans (during spring and summer), egrets, vultures, hawks, chickens, ducks, and what have you. The exceptions being, unfortunately, the lack of crows and owls

Also worth of note:
Frequently: many insects, fish (there is a lake nearby), dogs, cats, mouse/rats, frogs, bats, possums, geckos, cows, horse.
rare/semi rare: deers, snakes, little monkeys, squirrels, and very recently, right down my street a beautiful capybara.

Now, if we extend to the entirety of Brazil, then the diversity of Pokemans increase a thousandfold.

wholahay

Dec 18, 2017
Cute thread!

I'm from Connecticut, so: Robins, oysters, squirrels, whales, deer and raccoons.

5gLc6k6.png

Heid

Jan 7, 2018
Yeah cute idea OP!

Anyway we'd cook Tokepei alive, moments before its suppose to hatch and eat it in the streets. Philippines.

Jadentheman

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I'm from Texas, so since Unova is the United States region, I'll choose to limit what Pokemon I would find in Texas to Gen 5.

So my team would probably be something like:

Vullaby/Mandibuzz

The Stoutland line

Woobat/Swoobat (probably caught during the Congress Bridge bat emergence in Austin)

Maractus

Sawsbuck

And then I dunno. Braviary just to nail in the "'murica fuck yeah" crowd, I suppose.

Texas is a big and diverse state. Lots of biodiversity. Stuff you see in south Texas you wouldn't see in North Texas. And plus are you limiting it to just the major cities or small towns?

South Texas especially near the border you seen like 5 different regions of Pokemon in one area lol

Jan 9, 2018
Oh, this is fun!

So I have a very elegant cat,

Delcaty
375px-301Delcatty.png
a German shepherd dog,

Lycanroc
1200px-745Lycanroc.png

and a river turtle at my family house:

Blastoise
1200px-009Blastoise.png
My father grows hens and I got in a fight with the rooster a couple of times so

Blaziken
pokemon__blaziken_by_kidel-d30mtp4.png
The forest is just less than 1 km away and I use to go every Autumn to pick wild chestnuts

Chesnaught
250px-652Chesnaught.png
And the village is full of sparrows so

Spearow
21-Spearow.png

Armite

Mar 30, 2018
sxDy9np.jpg

jowYYi6.jpg

It would probably end up looking something like this and hey, one for each gen (except 5) !

KeyBladerXIII

Dec 5, 2017
I'm from North Carolina, the only place in the world where Venus fly traps grow natively.

Carnivine is all mine!

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
I'm from North Carolina, the only place in the world where Venus fly traps grow natively.

Carnivine is all mine!

I used to have a venus flytrap! I loved it and pampered it with the appropriate soil, distilled water, etc. It grew so much I had to transplant it, it lasted a few years.

Its demise was cat-related, but indirectly: the only room in the house with a windowsill where it could get direct sunlight is the room we started using to quarantine street cats until testing, so opening that window daily to water it became too risky. If I ever move into a house where I could have one safely without it becoming cat food, I'd love to have another one.

TheSyldat

Banned
Nov 4, 2018
Well given I'm a french northerner that would mean any Pokémon from X and Y that are endemic/exclusive to the north part of the X / Y map ...

I didn't play X / Y ( and still have to finish my save of the first gen pokémon games )

But given that X/ Y are based on France , yep pick anything that is up north in the game and that would be my team.

Deleted member 38050

Banned
Jan 10, 2018
Whatever that koala Pokemon is called, I'd pretty much have those and little else. Is there a possum Pokemon yet?

Oct 25, 2017
New York City
According to this, you have everything from foxes and coyotes to deers and seals!
https://www.nycgovparks.org/programs/wildlife-management/calendar
But even if you've never seen any of these in your area, surely you must at least see squirrels often? Bats? Spiders? Insects?
Haha I know, it was a bit of hyperbole. We have tons of different animals here, especially in The Bronx. But I mean, even the caves in Pokemon are only remembered for their Zubats lol

Sou Da

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Now that I think about it there are no raven Pokemon huh?

Good candidate for a gen 8 bird

PKthndr

Oct 25, 2017
I would have an Ursaring, an Absol, a Ludocolo, a stantler, a Greninja, and a Houndoom.

Washington in the mountains, Vancouver in the city, and a town in Ontario.

Edit: There were hundreds of frogs by my house in Washington.

Miracle Ache

Oct 25, 2017
Southern California
  • Zigzagoon (Racoon)
  • Seel (Sea Lion)
  • Decidueye (Owl)
  • Rockruff (Coyote)
  • Galvantula (Tarantula)
  • Vulpix (Fox)