• If you have been following the news, you should be aware that the people of Lebanon have been under a violent bombardment that has recently escalated. Please consider donating to help them if you can or trying to spread word of the fundraiser.

PBalfredo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Detective Pikachu has got me thinking about pokemon just hanging out in the same environments of humans.

Replace plants and animals with the pokemon they're loosely based on. What team could you make from the local wildlife from where you grew up? For me, growing up in the Orre region Tucson, Arizona meant my team would likely be:

• Torkoal (desert tortoise) / Pignite (Javalina)
  • Pidove/Tranquil (Mourning Dove/Roadrunner)
  • Luxio (bobcat)
  • Maractus (prickly pear cactus)
  • Nidoran (cottontail rabbit)
  • Scyther (praying mantis)
250px-324Torkoal.png
GOPAGA-jp2.jpg

250px-520Tranquill.png
220px-Mourning_Dove_2006.jpg

250px-404Luxio.png
bobcat.png

latest
220px-Prickly_Pear_Closeup.jpg

250px-032Nidoran.png
220px-What%27s_Up_Doc.jpg

250px-123Scyther.png
prayingmantis.jpg

Not many water types to choose from in the Arizona desert. I suppose Azumarill could replace Nidoran as the rabbit stand-in, though there are more appropriate rabbit pokemon for the environment. I could also find a Psyduck or Ducklett at public ponds, but catching pokemon at city parks might be frowned upon.

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Pokemon is not very good in translating brazilian only species so my team would probably be generic cat and dog pokes with a pidgeon poke here and there =P

Ryan.

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Louisiana so typical animals you hunt plus some gators and and other sealife.

Give me a team of Squirtles

Ashrak

I would just play/hang out with Pokémon like Espeon and Relaxo. I could let them fight against each other in a game, but not in reality.

But i can imagine that Lycanroc, Eevees, Oddish and other "basic" pokémon would be common here.

Metallix87

User Requested Self-Ban
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
If they were replaced, it would only be a matter of years (not decades) before people introduced more and more varied species to each location. Here in New Jersey, people would get tired of Pidgey, Rattata, and Spearow real quick and start importing more exotic Pokemon.

OP
OP
PBalfredo

PBalfredo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Feel free to play fast and loose with the equivalents, since not everything is going to be a 1:1 replacement

Take the wildlife first then look for the nearest pokemon equivalent.

Last edited:

Amnixia

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Jan 25, 2018
I'd use a bunch of Grass types. Not sure what wildlife they'd replace so here goes:

Venesaur
Sceptile
Leafeon
Decidueye
Trevenant
Sawsbuck

Pallo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I live in the arctic, above the arctic circle.
So probably a lot of ice/snow Pokèmon.

Alolan Ninetails (arctic fox) and Stantler (moose, elk) are the first to pop into my mind, haha!

Baroque

Oct 25, 2017
I live in Texas but not anywhere near the wildlife. Got snakes so my starter would be Snivy. We have a lot of wild dogs and cats roaming the city but that's par for the course for many cities. Some Purrloins and some Lillipups since it's Unovan Pokemon. Also get a lot of raccoons and possums but there is no possum Pokemon so add a Zigzagoon to the list. Then of course there's the Pidoves. Then I round it all off with a Tympole cuz I like toads and if it ever rains around here they come out in droves.

Louisiana so typical animals you hunt plus some gators and and other sealife.

Give me a team of Squirtles
Pastoria City has a lot of swampland and they have Pokemon like Croagunk and Carnivine. Add those to your team. Wishcash too for catfish.