GamerJM

Nov 8, 2017
Will they be called "Xbox Series" games, with "Xbox Series" more or less being the official name for the platform? I like the idea of just calling the console the "Xbox Series".

OP
OP
GamerJM

GamerJM

Nov 8, 2017
It' just gonna be Xbox. People are mad overcomplicating this.

Won't that confuse people vs. the original Xbox? I know that's a legacy platform but I imagine people who walk into a store that sells retro games could get confused. Also that still doesn't seem like it was that old of a platform to me so it's weird that they'd do that to me.

Steverulez

Oct 27, 2017
Won't that confuse people vs. the original Xbox? I know that's a legacy platform but I imagine people who walk into a store that sells retro games could get confused. Also that still doesn't seem like it was that old of a platform to me so it's weird that they'd do that to me.

I dont think people will get confused over a console that died in early 2005 when they see the new Halo boxart for it etc

Any additional information will also be on the back of the box or the store page for those that need it

Gareth

Oct 25, 2017
Norn Iron
I'm going to guess no. Original Xbox is ancient history now.

Dimple

Jan 10, 2018
I wonder if they'll have required specs like they do for PC, for example:

Min Specs: Xbox one S

Recommended Specs: Xbox Series S

Max Specs: Xbox Series X

Oct 28, 2017
Lol no. That scenario may play out maybe a couple times total worldwide in the next 5 years.

DoradoWinston

Apr 9, 2019
Won't that confuse people vs. the original Xbox?
this is litteraly the same thing people said about Xbox One and 6 years later no one is even thinking about it anymore.

The game boxes are legit just gonna probably have XBOX on them with somewhere on the sleeve telling you hey it supports 4K, HDR, enhanced for Series X litteraly like it is now.

More Butter

Banned
Jun 12, 2018
Yeah all the people out there buying og Xbox games are gonna be in a pickle. Grandkids in every nation will ask grandmas for receipts so they can return Xbox games. Microsoft has an epidemic on their hands.

Ascenion

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Mecklenburg-Strelitz
NBA-2K20-Legend-Edition

This is what current Xbox covers look like right? So instead of Xbox One at the top it will say Xbox and then at the bottom it will say either Series X or Series S if there is any difference at all. But if Lockhart has no disc drive you end up with these:
c399c631-9399-43e5-b3cd-8514ef999309

Xumbrega

Oct 25, 2017
Brasil
Jesus Christ... you people are treating this like quantum physics, they will label as Xbox, thats the name of their next-gen consoles, Series whatever is just the model. all XBOX games are Xbox S and Xbox X compatible, is that hard?

bsigg

Oct 25, 2017

Ahh yes, confused that they'll be buying a game for a console that came out 18 years ago.

Damn Silly

Oct 25, 2017
This is what current Xbox covers look like right? So instead of Xbox One at the top it will say Xbox and then at the bottom it will say either Series X or Series S if there is any difference at all. But if Lockhart has no disc drive you end up with these:
c399c631-9399-43e5-b3cd-8514ef999309
ngl the angle on this photo is fucking with me big time, unless there are smol boxes

Nooblet

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone who goes in to a store to buy retro games will be able to clarify that they are refering to old Xbox. For everyone else who doesn't clarify it's obviously going to be new Xbox.

Oct 26, 2017

If they were worried about that, they wouldn't have named their 3rd console Xbox One.

Bgamer90

Oct 27, 2017
I'm positive the cases will all just say "Xbox" at the top and there will be a black streak underneath it stating the compatible consoles.

MS is trying to push people into being digital anyway—hence why I can't see them putting the effort into making different cases for every relevant Xbox.

Nov 17, 2019
I'm positive the cases will all just say "Xbox" at the top and there will be a black streak underneath it stating the compatible consoles.

MS is trying to push people into being digital anyway—hence why I can't see them putting the effort into making different cases for every relevant Xbox.

I forgot about the digital angle. Yeah this likely isn't going to be a big deal regardless of what xbox decidss to do.

Murtio Foo

Jan 28, 2018
This isn't that hard. Xbox is the brand/platform. Series _blank_ is the version of the console. So not they can release multiple versions of the console in different series labelling. For the games they are now just all xbox games as they are generation independent. The structure future proofs a lot of things going forward.

Ascenion

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Mecklenburg-Strelitz
I think putting out a product called Xbox SS would be incredibly distasteful. So I would be shocked and disappointed if that came to pass.

There used to be a car called a Chevrolet SS (Sports Sedan) that was produced until 2017, and if I'm not mistaken there is a model of Camaro know as the SS. Xbox SS isn't that far fetched, but I agree that they should not go with it.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
I think putting out a product called Xbox SS would be incredibly distasteful. So I would be shocked and disappointed if that came to pass.
Ah oke i understand. There has been a PS3 Super Slim also tho wich people called PS3 SS.
But i guess it was a upgrade and not the full name it is abit different.

DocH1X1

Banned
Apr 16, 2019
How when they dont even sell OG xbox games or consoles still aside from mom and pop old trade in stores?