Would you take a COVID vaccine right away if it became available soon?

• Give it to, baby.

Votes: 293 39.0%
  • Nah, my grandpa was part of the Tuskegee experiments, son.

Votes: 459 61.0%

• Total voters

Hypron

Oct 27, 2017
NZ
I don't believe NZ would rush an untested vaccine through, so at this point I think I'd get the vaccine as soon as it becomes available.

XMonkey

Oct 26, 2017
Moncef Slaoui, long time vaccine expert, who is the drumpf appointed director of Warp Speed was on the board of Moderna.
Still want the Moderna one?

20200923-covid-taskforce-3x2.jpg
If the data is vetted, sure.

CDX

Oct 25, 2017
No. Not in November 2020.

However sometime in 2021, perhaps mid to late 2021, when a consensus of international governments agree that a specific vaccine is both effective and SAFE then sure I'll get that one.

Beef Supreme

Oct 25, 2017
No way in hell. They need to take their time and get it right. A vaccine rushed for political purposes will not do.

Sulik2

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Holy hell no. Zero chance I want a vaccine when no time has passed to know the long term effects. Trial vaccines can have some nasty long term side effects and any covid vaccine is basically still trial.

Bing147

Jun 13, 2018
Moncef Slaoui, long time vaccine expert, who is the drumpf appointed director of Warp Speed was on the board of Moderna.
Still want the Moderna one?

20200923-covid-taskforce-3x2.jpg

Ya, not a problem. Because scientists are actively being brought in to review.

Slaoui also gave an excellent interview last week that did a lot to convince me he's addressing this as a scientist and working to stay above the politics.

www.marketwatch.com

Trump’s vaccine czar says the first vaccine should be submitted for emergency authorization around Thanksgiving

Moncef Slaoui, an immunologist by training and a longtime pharmaceutical executive, is running the Trump administration’s Operation Warp Speed program to...

Bing147

Jun 13, 2018
Holy hell no. Zero chance I want a vaccine when no time has passed to know the long term effects. Trial vaccines can have some nasty long term side effects and any covid vaccine is basically still trial.

The vast majority of health issues are found in phase 1 and 2. Which these are already beyond. Not that something getting beyond that is impossible but you're likely more likely to get covid than you are to be harmed by a vaccine. Realistically the only likely risk would be that it doesn't work

Hound

Jul 6, 2019
Absolutely. I also want it to come with an ID card that I can use to get access to go into restaurants and theme parks again, and that I can also use to look down upon the anti-vax plague rat people.

Oct 25, 2017
I'd take it but I wouldn't like camp out to get it. I work from home and have adjusted to social distancing. Other people don't have the luxury and should get it before me.

mAcOdIn

Oct 27, 2017
If it's approved by other countries, sure. I don't trust Trump's FDA alone, but I'm no anti-vaxxer or anything.
This is my stance, however I have 1 other condition, that it strategically make sense for me to get it first. Like if they're positive it works, positive it's safe and think higher risk people should get it first then I'd be in no rush, if they think giving it to younger, healthier people is better because it has some nasty short term effects or whatever then I'd be happy to go first. I'm no doctor so whatever the professionals (not the President) say.

plagiarize

It's not a loop. It's a spiral.
Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA
If it's scientifically backed, absolutely. If Trump rammed it through and it hasn't been properly vetted... Hahaha ha no.

Dremorak

Oct 25, 2017
New Zealand
I'll wait a little bit. I work from home anyway, and I feel a little uneasy about the first go round of injecting everyone around with a new thing

ZiZ

Oct 27, 2017
Can't say I have a lot of trust in the system right now. Pretty sure the testing will be compromised to try and get it out as soon as possible, the US would definitely try to make a killing selling it and to pretend they saved the world again.

Charizard

Oct 25, 2017
I'll wait until we have a real president, who thinks people dying en masse is bad, who appoints a real cabinet that also thinks people dying en masse is bad.

real2

Jan 31, 2019
USA here and fuck no. I don't care if it's approved by the FDA/other government agencies. This administration has corrupted every single office/branch of government and I do not trust them at all. I'd only take one that's been approved by international parties.

big_z

Nov 2, 2017
No. Even my doctor, along with his family, who caught covid recommended waiting a bit to see how it plays. Vaccines undergo lengthy testing for a reason. I already have to deal with tinnitus and lasik. I don't want to add another life long complication to the list.

I am a Bird

Oct 31, 2017
The Trump administration is desperate for a win and has attempted to sell Covid lies every day of the week. I will wait for independent verification.

Garth2000

Oct 27, 2017
Even if real science approves it, I'll wait.

I'll be in line, but I'll let others go ahead of me.

I've been largely isolating for the last 7 months and will continue to do so. There are others who need it more than me. Once it's widely available, proven to work and have little side effect, I'll jump in it. Or if my situation changes and my current level of isolating is unsustainable, I'll get it sooner.

btkadams

Oct 25, 2017
I trust the Canadian government and science, so if it was approved and available, I would take it yes.

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
I'm from Canada, so if it was approved here, then I'll take it.

If it was only approved in the US and nowhere else, then I'll wait.

Apathy

Oct 25, 2017
If I were American, seeing how they want to go into it alone and are going to fast pass this possibly ignoring safety protocols, not a chance in hell would I be first. I would wait.

Seeing as I'm Canadian, and my country is going at this vaccine stuff with other countries and will be following proper procedures with proper testing, sure I'll get it when my countries health agency gives us the ok

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil

It is a brazilian t-shirt

It is the brazilian vaccination mascot

- YouTube

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

- YouTube

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

KillLaCam

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Seoul
Depending on where I am. If I'm in the US I'll wait to see what happens, if I'm back in Korea then id do it