Status
Not open for further replies.

Mory Dunz

Oct 25, 2017
....guys, the story mode wasn't that great. It was....ok.
a 2018 big budget take on it would be interesting of course, but budget/time. shrug

the gba game was just alright.
decent story with stats and upgrades, but still the gameplay was just A+B or B+A.

The actual gameplay was horribly mediocre in every Mario Tennis. I've always liked Mario Tennis and have played almost all of them for hours and hours, but I'm not about to lie and say the series has ever had great gameplay historically lol.

And there's a review thread that's 90% about the story mode. Probably not worth a new thread.

Anubis

User requested permanent ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
As a single player gamer, I got this game for its multiplayer.

I loved the demo so it made sense.

If you are looking for a robust sp experience, this game isn't for you.

pagrab

Oct 27, 2017
Thanks OP. For some reason I was expecting a lenghty story mode. More dust on the Switch for me I guess. You saved me a big disappointed.

KingSnake

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks for this, OP. I was going to buy it mostly for the single player part that killed really good in trailers. Sad to read that is not really there as it should be. Well, moving on to M+R DLC.

Rezbit

Oct 26, 2017
The mechanics are extremely tight but it does seem very light on content. A bit like Arms in that way. Who knows, maybe they can add more missions and activities to the adventure later.

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
They never advertised this as an RPG Campaign like the old handheld games.

This is more like a fighting story mode. Which is fine and makes a lot of sense.

You should play Aces for the multiplayer.
Don't even. They literally name drop the GBA game in the initial trailer, and they described it as if it were even more layered and intricate. Then in the second trailer they show you leveling up and attaining new gear.

So no it wasn't presented like you're saying at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.