• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

RedSnake

Jan 4, 2018
REmake REmake:
-"Push forward" forest intro section running from dogs.
-Free to explore open mansion section. Crimson heads are "special zombies". Yawn is the boss of this section.
-Sewers. You fight plant 42 here. Lisa stalks you. It ends with the Neptune "fight" (It's another "push forward" setpiece) .
-Lab. Hunters appear here.

Spiders and chimeras are cut from the game. Crows are in the game but not as enemies. Only if you fail the portraits puzzle do they attack and it's an insta kill.

Sounds good?

N.47H.4N

Oct 27, 2017
I agree, its strange to play RE2/RE3 remakes and them RE1 because how much different it is.
No first person obviously.

Moebius

Oct 28, 2017
Yes of course. It's really strange we have RE2 and RE3 remake without 1 being in the same style.

OP
OP
T002 Tyrant

T002 Tyrant

Nov 8, 2018
REmake may be my GOAT but I'd definitely be down for another remake done in the style of REmake 2 and 3. I think they would need to rethink lighting choices for atmosphere reasons from switching to a traditional orbiting tps camera (or for a first person), an overall more dimly lit mansion could go a ways towards making things retain tension and creepiness.

Like you said, expanding on certain areas would be a good move too. The game may feel smaller without this, fixed angles tend to inflate one's sense of space in the world at large imo, your brain fills in gaps. When it's all there in front of you to see via free look it may end up making things seem a lot more confined.

My question would be, does Code: Veronica deserve a remake in the style of 2 and 3? I think they could make some good qol changes while maybe editing out the not so strong parts. As maligned an entry as it was it still really sucked me in for the og Dreamcast release, it could end up being a great game with the right changes.

Code Veronica Deserves it more than RE1 Remake. If the characters were rewritten to be less problematic the QOL changes to Code Veronica would push it over the edge to potentially be the greatest RE game of all time. Code Veronica is held back by archaic gameplay, poor dialogue and archaic characterization of certain characters. Oh and resurrecting Wesker was probably the number one mistake of the franchise. We didn't need a moustache-twirling villain. And if we did, it didn't need to be Wesker. However, that aside Code Veronica tops everything else in the Resident Evil franchise.

If they remade Code: Veronica they'd have to rebuild part of the Mansion anyway since there's some of the Mansion built into the antarctic base. The main castle in RE8 is almost straight-up lifted from Code: Veronica so I'm hoping they can pretty much reuse that for the Ashford Castle. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if the Ashfords took that architecture as a direct inspiration, much how part of the Antarctic lab was lifted straight from the Spencer Estate.

Mary Celeste

Oct 25, 2017
REmake in the style of RE2 remake would be fucking awesome, I would love it. They'd probably have to add another section to keep it from being too short, maybe expand the lab?

DoradoWinston

Apr 9, 2019
RE1 in the style of RE2 remake would be soooooo nice. I dont think its something we will get for a long long looooong time tho but hey maybe im wrong and I would be happy to be

OP
OP
T002 Tyrant

T002 Tyrant

Nov 8, 2018
REmake in the style of RE2 remake would be fucking awesome, I would love it. They'd probably have to add another section to keep it from being too short, maybe expand the lab?

- The keeper mentions feeding pens, let's see them
- Where did Spencer sleep? Let's see a grand Master Bedroom with some creepy parts.
- Make the Residence/Barracks the old lab, before they expanded in the 80s for BOW research, later converted into a Barracks for Lab staff plus make underground storage and environmental research facility, spit it into Desert, Jungle and Underwater, Underwater can contain the sharks, Jungle can contain Yawn and the Giant Tiger Spider (which both escape to the Mansion!), and the Hunters are still in stasis (for now!), keep it as a 60s aesthetic with the underground sections tact on in a more 70s/80s aesthetic
- Expand the lab I want more including beta Chimeras (the Spider-Man Enemies in RE1.5) has it more of the 70s/80s aesthetic but makes the Tyrant lab more modern. Essentially make it something that's been expanded throughout the eras and just cobbled together from various eras.

Kemiko

Oct 5, 2018
I love it if they remade 1 in the style of 2 remake but greatly expanded it and had a prologue as well. Where you play as a scientist before the outbreak happens.

I'd also be down for a complete reboot that is more grounded.

BloodRayne

Jul 3, 2020
Your wish is granted

giphy.gif

Resident Evil Remake is done in the RE Engine, over the shoulder perspective. Nicole Tompkins and Jeff Schine voice Jill and Chris.

But...

-The intro is a cutscene with QTEs to avoid the dogs.
-First encounter with Yawn is scripted.
-You complete the mansion in one run, no second visit. You fight Yawn in the library. Masks are lying around, no puzzles.
-The guard house has been cut. Before you reach the door, Plant 42 emerges and it's a boss fight.
-Neptune has been cut.
-Caverns are much larger. Hunters appear here. Boss fight with Lisa Trevor.
-Black Tiger and spiders have been cut.
-Enrico has been replaced by a note.
-You only need one password to free the other character.
-Your companions never die, they're only knocked out.
-In the first encounter the T-002 goes down with one hand grenade.
-Chimeras are smaller.
-The self destruction system activates after you destroy the Tyrant.