• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Catalix

Oct 28, 2017
I knew this would backfire as soon as I read that "explicit rap music" remark. Like someone else said, big karen energy.

Praxis

Sausage Tycoon
Oct 25, 2017
UK
The day this person graced your neighborhood was the most important day in your life. But for me... it was Tuesday on a British council estate.

MayorSquirtle

May 17, 2018
Actually I checked out his Instagram and it's super right leaning by all appearances but he has a donating link to Black Lives Matter and to not write it off as a fad so, yeah, I guess appearances can be deceiving.
On the other hand, I worked with a white dude who very vocally supported BLM and went to protests while also proudly supporting Trump because Biden was "too much of a corporate puppet" until Jorgenson came along and gave him an excuse to be an even bigger contrarian. Some people are just dumb.

GreenMachine

Oct 27, 2017
ok since this thread has mostly devolved into deserved dunking i'll also just use it as a place to share this amazing vanity plate i came across in SF last year:

IMG-4841.jpg

OP
OP
Birdie

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Can't there be a middle ground with the music?

Like I don't have any issue with rap music, I actually listen to it quite a bit at home and such but I think you can still be respectful that not everyone likes to hear explicit music blaring out in a neighborhood with a lot of kids around. 🤷

Like I don't freak out when they played WAP at the bar I was at last night because it's perfectly acceptable context.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018

Like I don't have any issue with rap music, I actually listen to it quite a bit at home and such but I think you can still be respectful that not everyone likes to hear explicit music blaring out in a neighborhood with a lot of kids around. 🤷

Like I don't freak out when they played WAP at the bar I was at last night because it's perfectly acceptable context.

won't someone think of the children

TAJ

Banned
Oct 28, 2017

Why were you at a bar?

Speely

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

What does "explicit" mean here? Honest? Direct?

Kids experience way worse than hearing WAP, and they do it every day.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
Man probably but I don't know, maybe I am out of touch...I don't care about cursing myself among adults but I just never have been a fan of cursing around children.

Do you not remember being a kid? My friends at school cursed all the time, ditto older siblings. Even my parents would swear after telling me not to.

TAJ

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Small Halloween party. Everyone got temperature checked at door, only twenty people or so spread about.

A pretty large percentage of people with COVID-19 don't have elevated temperatures. A county EMS reported that 30% of the COVID patients they rushed to the hospital had zero fever.

OP
OP
Birdie

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Please mods close this thread before I ruin my reputation any further. I was judgemental and being petty. 🙏

UberTag

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Kitchener, ON
I entered this thread expecting someone's first-hand account of meeting Mitch McConnell.
Or at least someone Frankie Grande/Vic Mignogna-tier.

Pancoar

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Ah explicit rap music, truly the most vile of evils...

FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK

Regiruler

Oct 28, 2017
United States
Title seems like an exaggeration, and you'll get a lot of mocking responses considering its era, but I can sympathize because scenes like that can sometimes happen to get under my skin.