Deleted member 6949

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
One time I played Call of Duty team deathmatch for an hour before someone said "You know we can hear you, right?" I don't know what I was saying exactly, but I was alternating between cursing my teammates and saying sweet things to my cat.

OP
OP
Nothing Loud

Nothing Loud

Literally Cinderella
Oct 25, 2017
If it's zoom, you gotta enable push-to-talk. And usually people will mute you if it's distracting enough.

support.zoom.us

Push-to-talk

Overview The push-to-talk feature allows you to remain muted throughout your Zoom meeting and hold down the spacebar when you want to be unmuted and talk. Learn about all host controls in a meeting...

I have the space bar to talk function active, but I just changed my setting to automute me upon joining.

I don't have a headset nor a recording. I tried testing the mic from where I was in the room and tried repeating what I said at the same volume in the settings menu. It picked up what I was saying. RIP me.

but nobody has emailed me to point anything out and I don't recall anybody calling my name during the meeting. I wasn't paying too much attention though because the topic was way over my head. Goddamit.

Fuchsia

Oct 28, 2017
There's no way they wouldn't have told you to turn your mic off if they could have heard you. They would've said something. You would've been talking over what everyone else was saying and they would've asked you to mute your mic right away. I think you're good.

RedNalgene

Oct 25, 2017
I'm sure nobody heard you. I was on a similar work call this week and there were about 25 people on the call when I joined. Accidentally forgot to mute myself while I talked to my wife and someone instantly called me out. There's no way there would be an intense discussion with your nonsense going on in the background

crimsonECHIDNA

ā–² Legend ā–²
Oct 25, 2017
Gatorland
Any chance that the moderator muted you? I know that can occur in meetings like that if they notice any sound coming from mics.

JorSneezy

Oct 17, 2019
I don't use Zoom for meeting (my company uses Teams), so it may not be the same. But only the loudest person is heard, right? So even if the mic was on, as long as your talking wasn't as loud as the other people talking you should be good. I think that's how it works?

Tochtli79

Jun 27, 2019
Mexico City
Here in Mexico some government official, I think a Senator maybe, went viral after she apparently walked out of the shower into a Zoom conference call and forgot to turn her camera off.

And I also saw a video recorded by a classmate of a woman from I think Colombia who left her mic on while having loud sex during a Zoom class lol. The teacher even politely tried to alert her several times to no avail. At least she turned her camera off.

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
I always make sure my mic is off when I'm gonna pee or something while wearing my headset in meetings, I can't do what you do because I'm not just spectating and things could come up that need to be explained by me and shit like that, but yeah just be extra careful. Also, don't do anything, act like nothing happened and be cool with it, by next week you will even have forgotten about it and if no one brings it up, that's better, you didn't do anything out of the ordinary.
Any chance that the moderator muted you? I know that can occur in meetings like that if they notice any sound coming from mics.
This too, this happens almost all the time in my daily meetings with the front and backend teams as there's this person who always forgets to mute his mic.

JEH

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
The host probably muted you after a few seconds.

Mariolee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Don't worry OP, I was doing something during a class zoom and got frustrated and yelled "god fucking dammit". I was horrified when a second later I realized my mic was on, but I think it was so quick no one knew who it was and they moved on thank god.

GuessMyUserName

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Toronto
When you mic is left open and your voice is heard it gets annoying to the room incredibly fast, it gets called out and the host mutes you. So if you didn't hear people complaining and if you didn't get muted I'd bet your voices weren't picked up from that distance.

CNoodles

Banned
Mar 7, 2019
omae.jpeg

Khrno

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
I'm sorry for you OP, however I've been working from home for the past 4 years, I wouldn't go back to working on an office with more people, the money would have to be 3 times what I make, not even twice.

night814

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Pennsylvania
I wouldn't worry about it, as long as you didn't say anything too crazy or insulting to people higher then you it shouldn't be a big deal.

Mesoian

ā–² Legend ā–²
Oct 28, 2017
I love WFH, but shit like this is why I disable my camera at the driver level.

You don't need to see me.

mbpm

Oct 25, 2017
Was it at least a good discussion of sex

Yeah I think they muted you

Rendering...

Oct 30, 2017
Do it again and loudly say, "HEY THANKS FOR THAT GREAT REHEARSAL THE OTHER DAY. I THINK OUR SCRIPT IS A RIVETING PORTRAIT OF DOMESTIC LIFE, DON'T YOU?"

Works every time.

Addleburg

The Fallen
Nov 16, 2017
If you kept talking and being disruptive, the meeting host would have muted you at some point. On top of that, someone would have probably private messaged you or addressed it in the meeting. If they didn't mute you, then they must not have caught enough of what you said for it to be a nuisance for the rest of the meeting.

TaterTots

Oct 27, 2017
It's fine. I use ZOOM a lot and there is a "double mute" feature. If you microphone was muted(the actual button attached to your headset) you were still muted. I'm reminded all the time I'm double muted when I'm called upon. The app itself may show your mic is unmuted, but no one can hear you if the button attached to the mic is on mute.

Hope that makes sense. Was kind of redundant.

Also, someone would have said to mute your mic if you're not addressing the room or they would have manually muted you for disturbing. I'm 99% sure no one heard you.

EDIT; If you weren't using a headset they heard it all lol.

Vazra

Oct 26, 2017
Could been worse
youtu.be

Daniel No!!!!

I didn't expect this to get so many views so quickly. I found this in Discord and tried uploading it to another one but the file was too big, so I uploaded i...

ruxtpin

Oct 30, 2017
PA
Not as bad as the OP, but I was taking a conf call in my car one day. Bad traffic gets to me; I was leaving space so someone could merge, but they wouldn't take the gap (apparently it was more important to try and squeeze in where there was no space in front of the car that was ahead of me). So I just come out with, "you goddamn motherfucker, merge you piece of shit - get the fuck over" ... then I realized I wasn't muted. My team had a laugh about it, because I'm pretty quiet at work.

ABIC

Banned
Nov 19, 2017
I stayed in a Zoom channel after a meeting because I was multi tasking and my colleague the host proceeded to masturbate. Hearing him moan was not a good way to start my day

B4mv

Nov 2, 2017
They definitely would have said something if they heard you. That or would have just muted you on their end. you're fine.

Deleted member 18400

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This reminds me of a time back in my WoW raiding days when a guy in our Ventrillo took a phone call from his wife. He thought he had muted himself, but had not.

He then got into a huge fight with his wife about her not wanting to have sex for like 10 minutes. While like 7 of us sat there in horror. No one was on who could move him out of the channel or mute him. I took my headset off to give him privacy but the damage was done.

When he came back it was one of the most awkward moments I've experienced in online gaming lol