OP
OP

Deleted member 9290

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
The only bit I would question would be why an X? Surely the OG has the power for playing 360 games
Because after seeing the enhanced versions for me is mind-blowing. Skate and Jedi outcast alone is crazy!

If I would just want something that only can play these games I could get a 360. Not much difference than the OG one.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
If you playing old games in 4K then don't sleep on the new N64 Rare additions to X Enhanced.

Perfect Dark
Banjo Kazooie
Banjo Tooie

They look great! So clean!

Dyno

AVALANCHE
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Because after seeing the enhanced versions for me is mind-blowing. Skate and Jedi outcast alone is crazy!

If I would just want something that only can play these games I could get a 360. Not much difference than the OG one.

Fair enough I wasn't aware there was much difference between the X and OG when play backwards compat titles. I wish they could bring it to PC somehow tbh even if emulated. I've wanted to play Skate 2 or 3 (kinda preferred 2) for years on that platform and clearly EA have no interest in trying to revive it.

black070

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I didn't get one for BC specifically, but it does makes up 90% of my playtime on the console - so I can't fault you at all OP.

Handa

Nov 14, 2018
i'm kind of in awe on how expertly XBox have positioned their consoles in the light of next gen coming. They have done a great job of shifting the coversation towards offering a service of games as oppose to focusing on tentpole exclusives.

Get the Xbox One X for the best 4k performance and top tier console gaming, or get the Xbox One S if you just want access to a huge library of games at the best possible price.

mindatlarge

Oct 27, 2017
PA, USA
I don't think so. Actually been thinking of doing the same. Have a lot of 360 games and I'm not so confident my 360 will be kicking much longer. I'd like to see how the X makes some of them look.

LiK

Oct 25, 2017
Dude, I know people who paid like $200-300 for those consoles that play SNES/Genesis carts on modern TVs. Whatever that makes it easier for you to play old games and make them look better. It's fine.

unicornKnight

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Athens, Greece
Its a but extreme if you only gonna use it for BC but it's a good machine and you should expect support for a few more years even for Scarlet games.

MajorBritten

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
I bought an X last week as well and just played some Perfect Dark tonight and my jaw was on the floor, I couldn't believe how good that game looks in 4K.

It was even more jarring as I have been playing a lot of goldeneye over the last few days on an Ultra HDMI N64 that I recently modded, the difference is staggering. Will be trying Banjo next.

Deleted member 11008

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I would do the same, but I'm short of money. I think I'm going to grab the next gen Xbox, even if right now I have a PS4 Slim. I'm not going to touch a vanilla PlayStation in my life, basically.

Watership

Oct 27, 2017
Gamepass doesnt come into it as I don't like using subscription sevices.

Games are games. Rental, buy, borrow, subscription service, whatever. If it's the idea of not owning a game, what about games you're only passingly interested in? This removes that barrier by giving you a change to try a bunch of games you would never buy. You may find some classics and have hours of enjoyment for a small fee. Then if you hate it, cancel after a month. But if you find you love a few of the games you tried, buy the ones you want at a discount while you sub is still active. There is practically no downside to this service unless you have zero interest or curiosity in any game on the service

Smash Kirby

One Winged Slayer
Nov 7, 2017
If you get the GamePass you will get a great wealth of games that you might not of played.

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
No, I've used my Xbox One X mostly for backwards compatibility.

If you haven't played it in a while, get Red Dead Redemption. It's stunning.

FpkFykS.jpg

Last edited:

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
It's a shame that the narrative is such that you have to be 'crazy' to buy an Xbox - see such threads again and again.

You're not crazy. Microsoft didn't invest in BC out of the goodness of their own heart, it was to attract more customers to their ecosystem. The X has plenty of unique features whether Game Pass, BC, more power etc, and in addition to BC even a few decent games from the current gen not available on the competition's machine too.

BC was a massive selling point for me with the X, and being able to play Ninja Gaiden Black - one of my favourite games of all time - in (near) 4K and at a locked 60 was such a revelation. Enjoy.

Last edited:

AM_LIGHT

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Me too , and that after buying an XBS only to trade it one month later just to play gears3 & RDR at 4K.

Teeth

Nov 4, 2017
Backwards compatibility on the X is amazing.

The thing no one seems to talk about is how much more stable the framerate is on the back compat titles. A ton of the 360 games had regular dips to the mid 20s and some had screen tearing, but on the X, they are generally solid at 30fps.

Also, the added anisotropic filtering really cleans up the ground textures.

And Gears 3 in 4k is just magical.

Moose

Prophet of Truth - Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 25, 2017
Since Fable II isn't on your list you are crazy.

Lethologica

Oct 27, 2017
I upgraded from a 1S last year mainly to play RDR2, but enhanced BC was a very close second.

I couldn't pass up that GameStop promotion of trading in a 1S and getting an X1X PUBG bundle and a free game for $270.

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Fair enough I wasn't aware there was much difference between the X and OG when play backwards compat titles. I wish they could bring it to PC somehow tbh even if emulated. I've wanted to play Skate 2 or 3 (kinda preferred 2) for years on that platform and clearly EA have no interest in trying to revive it.
You'll likely be able to play it through xCloud.

SweetBellic

Oct 28, 2017
A PC would have been a much better investment if "enhanced BC" is your bag. Not only do PCs support higher resolutions for old games, but higher framerates and mods, and programs for emulating just about every game console ever made. And Steam makes it easier than ever to configure your PC for a variety of gamepads and the couch gaming experience. A PC would also be more future proof considering the Xbox One successor is right around the corner, though you should be able to trade in your OneX toward that purchase should you choose to make the leap to next gen.

Deleted member 42472

Banned
Apr 21, 2018
Yes, you are insane

And yes, I will totally grab an xbonex if it hut the sub 300/250 range before the end of spring. Prettier Red Dead sounds awesome. After that it will be easier to justify a more expensive purchase like Scarlett

Daebo

Oct 26, 2017
Cincinnati
Enjoy. And remember you can use it to play the next gen games without having to buy Scarlett via streaming if you've got the bandwidth.

impact

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Tampa
The only bit I would question would be why an X? Surely the OG has the power for playing 360 games
Lol how wrong. You can easily tell who has used an X

Red Dead 1 @ 4K is awesome. Too bad there's barely any X enhanced BC. Absolute wasted potential. You won't want to play non enhanced titles.

JusDoIt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
South Central Los Angeles
You're not crazy if you actually play those games.

The only time I've used my Xbox One in the past two years is to play Red Dead 1 before Red Dead 2 came out. I haven't felt the itch to return to last gen much at all.

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
A BC box combined with a 4k bluray player and game pass is huge value