• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

stew

Dec 2, 2017
"Listen OP Listen Listen Listen"

maxresdefault.jpg
First thought haha.

Gyro Zeppeli

Oct 27, 2017

Hey, listen

This is pain

Listen, pain

Link's in pain

Lick 'em, hey

Let them pay

This is hell (with 2x speed)

Imperfected

Nov 9, 2017
My favorite version of this is actually, "Mira, cabron."

I don't know, it just has a certain cadence to it, at least with a Puerto Rican accent.

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
What about

"Look, man..."

Or

"Lemme get this straight"

Or

"Let me rhyme to you real quick"

Those make you mad too, op? đź‘€

Conal

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
If this happens enough for it to bother you, you probably need to listen more when people talk.

lucablight

Oct 27, 2017
Listen, and understand. That terminator is out there. It can't be bargained with. It can't be reasoned with. It doesn't feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until you are dead.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
Hwæt. We Gardena in geardagum,
Ăľeodcyninga, Ăľrym gefrunon,
hu ða æþelingas ellen fremedon.

Croc Man

Oct 27, 2017
I listen to a local radio sports show and one of the presenters starts about quarter of his sentences with "listen". It drives me mad too. You're on the radio! What else do you think I'm going do?

Last edited:

Deleted member 83122

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 15, 2020
I listen to local radio sports show and one of the presenters starts about quarter of his sentences with "listen". It drives me mad too. You're in the radio! What else do you think I'm going do?
True that, I was just about to post that this is super common with sports commentators. I guess I don't mind it too much. I am kind of guilty of utilizing too many words when typing/speaking haha!

Johnny Blaze

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
DE
"Look" has started to bother me especially in TV shows. Right after or during watching The Boys.

The Boys seems to have a extremely high number of "look,...." dialogue, but now whenever I hear it anywhere it annoys me for a reason.

Siggy-P

Avenger
Mar 18, 2018
When someone starts with "Look, end of the day right-", you know you're about to hear the dumbest thing you'll hear for at least a week.

Oct 27, 2017
Listen up here, I'll make it quite clear
I'm gonna put some boogie in your ear
Shake and bop, don't you stop
Dance like a maniac until you drop

Strangiato

Oct 28, 2017
"I don't know who needs to hear this but..." followed by a statement addressed to a very specific group of people seems to be the new thing.

Messofanego

Oct 25, 2017
UK
I hate when people start replies with ''what?''
"Oh, like you're doing now?"
You were taken aback, and all you could say was "What?" but I kept cutting you off and going "What? What? What?" and closing my hand shut in front of your face. You walked away and continued with your shopping, and you heard me chuckle as you walked off. When you came to pay for your stuff up front you saw me trying to walk out the doors with like fifteen Milky Ways in my hands without paying.

Euphoria

Oct 25, 2017
Earth
So "Can I get your full attention?" is cool but "Listen" is bad?

Former implies you aren't paying attention so they request you listen.

The latter ignores the implication that you aren't listen and just cuts to the chase.

So let me tell you something and please give me your full attention and listen, it isn't a big deal.

Y2Kev

Oct 25, 2017
I use "again" a lot when I'm losing my patience in an argument or debate. Especially when I feel I've made the point clear already.
Yes, which is typically when people use it. It's a rather passive aggressive way of communicating to the listener that they are not understanding you or not agreeing with your obvious conclusion, which can be condescending. I'm not suggesting that's how you use it, though I think most do. I also think people use it to establish that what they said is some pre-agreed stipulation.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
I try not to use these things myself as I know the effect they can have, but sometimes the person who receives them fully deserves their use.

Nozem

Oct 27, 2017
I fucking HATE the sarcastic "You know [something something obvious], right?" in discussion threads.