• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

MrChillaxx

Banned
Jan 13, 2018
I usually just put the 4 blinking arrows. It's not the correct indicator but people seem to understand i'm not LEAVING IMMEDIATELY as soon as my ass touches the carseat. Shit's irritating.

subpar spatula

Refuses to Wash his Ass
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
it depends on the situation. If you're on a road-side spot, get in your car, and know there's someone waiting then it's best to leave it ASAP to not let traffic build up, if it's a parking lot at wal-mart or some shit then they can wait.

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
This happened to me today. My daughter and I did a 3 hour Girl Scout Cookie booth and afterwards packed up the car with the boxes, table, cart, etc. We got in the car and I'm flustered from it all-and I have to call my wife and I'm also plugging into directions on my phone, buckling up etc.

This car pulls up right next to me. I didn't think much of it-but again I'm not yet ready to go and my mind is elsewhere.

All of a sudden they honk their horn at me. Seriously.

I roll my window down and the wife in the passenger seats asks me "When are you leaving?"

I look her dead in the eye and say "Did you honk at me?"

Her entire demeanor changes "Oh well I didn't..."

The husband leans forward. "Oh. I did. I was trying to get your attention."

I tell him "I'm not leaving." And roll up my window.

My daughter says "what a bunch of jerks."

Vinsanity

Nov 2, 2018
I don't mind that but I fucking hate the people who get the passanger to jump out of the car and run to stand in a parking spot and refuse to move until the person driving the car comes over and parks.

I had that exact thing happen to me just last week. Our family was on a vacation in Florida, and looking for a parking spot at the beach. We found one, and started to signal and turn-in. A lady came running from beside our car and stood in the spot. She wouldn't move. I chose not to move. We stared each other down for probably 8-10 minutes. Traffic behind me honked (I'm assuming her car was one of them). She finally walked away and gave me the finger. I parked, and got out. People sitting outside a tiki-style bar across the street clapped for me when I got out. :)

TheYanger

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
This happened to me today. My daughter and I did a 3 hour Girl Scout Cookie booth and afterwards packed up the car with the boxes, table, cart, etc. We got in the car and I'm flustered from it all-and I have to call my wife and I'm also plugging into directions on my phone, buckling up etc.

This car pulls up right next to me. I didn't think much of it-but again I'm not yet ready to go and my mind is elsewhere.

All of a sudden they honk their horn at me. Seriously.

I roll my window down and the wife in the passenger seats asks me "When are you leaving?"

I look her dead in the eye and say "Did you honk at me?"

Her entire demeanor changes "Oh well I didn't..."

The husband leans forward. "Oh. I did. I was trying to get your attention."

I tell him "I'm not leaving." And roll up my window.

My daughter says "what a bunch of jerks."
How do you possibly think they're the jerk here for asking? when you then intentionally hold up the spot afterwards?

like jesus can't you people be normal.

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
How do you possibly think they're the jerk here for asking? when you then intentionally hold up the spot afterwards?

like jesus fuck can't you people be normal.

I'm supposed to hop to whenever someone wants my spot?

I πŸ‘
WASN'T πŸ‘
READY πŸ‘
TO πŸ‘
LEAVE πŸ‘
AND πŸ‘
THEY πŸ‘
BLEW πŸ‘
THEIR πŸ‘
HORN πŸ‘

There were PLENTY of spaces available...but for SOME REASON they are only interested in the spots already occupied. Just because I'm sitting in the car doesn't mean we are ready to depart our currently location? Is it possible for you to entertain that possibility?

finalflame

Product Management
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I had that exact thing happen to me just last week. Our family was on a vacation in Florida, and looking for a parking spot at the beach. We found one, and started to signal and turn-in. A lady came running from beside our car and stood in the spot. She wouldn't move. I chose not to move. We stared each other down for probably 8-10 minutes. Traffic behind me honked (I'm assuming her car was one of them). She finally walked away and gave me the finger. I parked, and got out. People sitting outside a tiki-style bar across the street clapped for me when I got out. :)
That tiki-style bar's name? Albert Einstein.

Deleted member 179

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm supposed to hop to whenever someone wants my spot?

I πŸ‘
WASN'T πŸ‘
READY πŸ‘
TO πŸ‘
LEAVE πŸ‘
AND πŸ‘
THEY πŸ‘
BLEW πŸ‘
THEIR πŸ‘
HORN πŸ‘

There were PLENTY of spaces available...but for SOME REASON they are only interested in the spots already occupied. Just because I'm sitting in the car doesn't mean we are ready to depart our currently location? Is it possible for you to entertain that possibility?
They.... they just honked to get your attention so they could ask....

Browser

Apr 13, 2019
I never understood the people who circle around forever waiting to get a close spot. Just take a spot further away and walk the extra 30 seconds.
Context is everything. How cold is it? How hot is it? Do you have children or elderly people in the car? Are you picking someone up that has any difficulties? Are you leaving at night and dont want to face a long walk in a dark parking lot?

Even the simple "I would rather drive the extra x amount of time because I dont feel like walking" is understandable. I dont think its weird, you do you the other do the other.

Deleted member 179

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They honked because I was angry I wasn't moving when they all they had to do was move up 5 feet and take the spot in front of me that wasn't occupied. Do you feel that is strange?
Yeah that does seem a little odd then. Was it like a situation where if you left they could pull in easy, but if you didn't they would have to parallel park? I could see myself asking because I hate parallel parking lol.

squeakywheel

Oct 29, 2017
I always wave them off and say I'm just picking up something in my car. I'd just sit there and relax for 5min then take off.