• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

SeriousGoku

Alt Account
Banned
Jun 20, 2019
For a real head start against PS5. Get out there first, release that shit right on the heels of Ghosts of Tsushima.

That's how you come out swinging. None of this late November shit. Come out swinging hard and EARLY. MS needs to come hard next gen and this would be a real aggressive approach. We're here first, we're more powerful, and we're priced competitively.

thoughts

Trace

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
They aren't going to release anything until near Christmas. No chance. You'll see it a week or two before PS5 at max.

JaseC64

Enlightened
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Strong Island NY
Why do some of you type it as Xbox Sex? At most it should be XSX. You cannot mix it with Xbox One X or X1X or whatever.

Is this to be cool or something?

Anyways Holiday is like a tuesday release for consoles. It works so they will keep doing it

skillzilla81

Self-requested temporary ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Are people trying to make that dumbass abbreviation a thing or just trolling?

Anyway, it'll be November.

klastical

Oct 29, 2017
I dont really understand releasing around christmas anymore. The shit will be sold out for months no matter when its released. They would be better off releasing in the summer and by the time black friday rolls around they will have staved off the initial buyers and can actually sell some to the general consumer.

Deleted member 864

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ah that acronym.

giphy.gif

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
Wouldn't be surprised if they tried to get the jump on Sony.

Also wouldn't be surprised if they both just dropped in November, weeks apart.

Dymaxion

Sep 19, 2018
No matter when they launch the consoles, it will be difficult to market "SeX" to parents.

Deleted member 18161

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
They'll sell every console they can build for the first three months. That's not the issue.

Selling well long term against PS5 and a very competitively priced Switch will be the potential issue.

Imran

Oct 24, 2017
An extra two months isn't going to make a huge difference

The software being ready is a much bigger concern

Meg Cherry

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, WA
The interesting rub about not really having a traditional launch lineup is that hypothetically, Microsoft isn't really bound to traditional factors on when to get this machine on shelves. If they're genuinely trying to phase out the concept of console generations, and market the Series X as the next step in the brand - as well as the best way to play all of this season's XBox ONE games in their best form - the selling point ceases to be about new games. It becomes about playing existing games better, much like the X. So all of this year's releases become the showcases - not just the small handful of games that are finished by November.

September seems like a totally reasonable place to drop this thing.

elzeus

Oct 30, 2017
The only company I see launching before Nov is Nintendo with the new Switch. Xsex and PS5 are pretty much locked into the holiday season. I wish more companies would release games and hardware in June and July ><.

Watership

Oct 27, 2017
Pushing "Xbox Sex" is just low energy trolling. It's not even remotely amusing like Xbone was. Makes makes you seem like gamefaq posters.

RestEerie

Banned
Aug 20, 2018
Why are people getting upset about Xbox SeX acronym?

Of all the things to be upset about....lmao

RestEerie

Banned
Aug 20, 2018
Is this era now? You just responded with a troll template

[Claim that subject is getting upset over something you are only doing to get a reaction over like it's no big thing] [insert lol/lmao/rofl]

Er.....the acronym was all over the place in the TGA thread reveal.....

And now it's suddenly it's troll and taboo to state the acronym?

Hockeymac18

Nov 14, 2017
Why are people getting upset about Xbox SeX acronym?

Of all the things to be upset about....lmao
It doesn't make me upset, but to me it comes off as someone who is trying too hard to be edgy. It also doesn't make sense as an acronym.

XBone made sense...Xboc Series X makes sense to be XBSX, or XBX, but XBSeX? Why is the "e" included? Other than, of course, to try to be funny.

Dec 20, 2017
I keep telling myself I don't need one because I have a PC and it's only logical to get a PS5 instead. But if it significantly beats the PS5 to market I'll likely break because I want a new toy.

zedox

Oct 28, 2017
My thoughts is that a couple months aren't going to make a single lick of difference.

UltraMagnus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I kinda miss the September launch windows. It's a good way to get early adopters in and then you can have a refresh of stock for the holiday shopping season.

danhz

Apr 20, 2018
are we really at the point of being offended because some1 calls it xbox sex?
like, really?

Outrun

Oct 30, 2017
If the software ain't ready, then why release?

Also, building a couple of million consoles takes time.

Gamer @ Heart

Oct 26, 2017
Two+ months is a huge amount of time in terms of crunch for to finish the OS, launch games, production, and distribution methods for an entire console. You get one launch which is the culmination of hundreds of millions dollars in R&D and advertising. You don't just rush that.

Launching before the ps5 and stumbling out the gate won't do them any favors. And 2 months won't make a difference in the long term, especially coming from their weaker position in certain markets. Life time Sales are a matter of successly communicating/promoting value and services/release momentum over YEARS.

Giant Panda

Oct 25, 2017
So rumors are saying that Xbox Series X devkits are a few months behind PS5 devkits. It's more likely that Xbox is late than the other way around. Neither will release before the early november rush of software most likely.

Grayson

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Aug 21, 2019
Why? Launch aligned xsx will be outsold regardless. I'm not sure what a couple months means except for games that would have enjoyed two more months of dev time.