• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

crimilde

Corrupted by Vengeance
Oct 26, 2017
I own FFVII on PC, Vita, iOS and PS4 and The Nonary Games on Vita and PS4.

LakeEarth

Oct 27, 2017
Ontario
I'll only double dip to follow online communities. So basically, just Street Fighter 3rd Strike... which is a quadruple dip.

Blackjaw

Nov 21, 2017
I've triple (quadruple or more) dipped on a few games:

FF7: PS1, PC, PSN, PS4, iPhone, Switch
Skyrim: 360, PS3, PS4, XB1, Switch
Diablo 3: 360, PS3, PS4, Switch
Witcher 3: PS4, PS4 GOTY, Switch

I'm sure there are more but those are my top dips

aisback

Oct 27, 2017
Yakuza 0

I have it on PC and PS4.

I have also gifted it multiple times.

Total purchases is about 5 or 6 times

ManOfWar

Jan 6, 2020
Brazil
Skyrim: PS3, PC, PS4, PS VR and Switch.

I wasn't on purpose, it just sorta happened due to it being so good and countless re-releases.

Jolkien

Oct 25, 2017
Anchorage/Alaska
Legends of Heroes: Trail in the Sky FC (PSP/PC)
Legends of Heroes: Trail in the Sky SC (PSP/PC)
Legends of Heroes: Trail in the 3rd (PSP/PC)
Legends of Heroes: Trail of Cold Steel (Vita/PC/PS4/)
Legends of Heroes: Trail of Cold Steel 2 (Vita/PC/PS4/)
Legends of Heroes: Trail of Cold Steel 3 (Vita/PC/PS4/)

Tiny Hawk

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
GTAV is my only triple dip.

Bought X360, PS4, and PC - all of them on their respective launch dates.

I double dip sometimes if the game is real good.

JCal

Oct 27, 2017
Los Alfheim
Bayonetta is now reaching ridiculous amounts of versions and I'm going to end up with most of them. Can't wait to pick up the Nintendo Switch Bayonetta Trilogy (Japan exclusive, 2000 copy limit) in 2021-2022.

Jacknapes

Oct 26, 2017
Newport, South Wales
More than 3x purchased, Ocarina of Time is in the lead (N64, GameCube (twice), Wii, WiiU, 3DS). By twice on Gamecube, it came with Wind Waker and again on the Collectors Edition (theoretically, 7x if you count Master Quest)

Majora's Mask, i've purchased 4 times over the years (N64, GameCube, WiiU and 3DS)

I've double dipped on a few WiiU ports on Switch (New Super Mario Bros U, Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze) and other titles including Binding of Isaac, Rayman Legends (technically had it free on PS4, but paid for it on Switch), Shovel Knight and Yooka Laylee. And double dipped on Breath of the Wild (WiiU and Switch versions).

Magnus

Oct 25, 2017
God damn, I suck for this. Only going to list the ones I've QUAD-DIPPED (or more!) for. Obviously, for some of these, the game was included in a bundle/collection for more recent systems.

I also don't own most of these duplicate copies anymore. For the physical ones, they've almost all long-since gone, been sold, traded, etc. Just counting them as purchases, of course.

4x: Final Fantasy XII: PS2 (NA), PS2 ZJS (JPN), PS4, Switch
4x: Final Fantasy IV: SNES, PS1, GBA, DS -- and I don't even like this game. lol
4x: Final Fantasy V: PS1, GBA, iOS, Android
4x: Mega Mans 3 and 4: NES, PS2, PS4, Switch
4x: Castlevania - Symphony of the Night: PS1, PS3, PSP, PS4

5x: Resident Evil 4: GC, Wii, PC/Steam, PS3, PS4
5x: Final Fantasy IX: PS1, PS3, PC/Steam, iOS, Android
5x: Final Fantasy VII: PS1, PS3, iOS, PS4, and soon, the PS4 Remake!

7x: Final Fantasy VI: SNES, PS1, GBA, Wii VC, Android, iOS, Android again (this time on my own account -- first one was the BF's, lol)

Last edited:

Denamitea

Nov 1, 2017
I have Okami on PS2, PS3 and Wii. I'm probably gonna buy it on the Switch tonight also. It's my favorite game and one of the only games I have no problem buying several times. The game deserved more sales than it ever got.

Pelao

Banned
Jan 7, 2020
Chile
Metal Gear games.
To ease my math I'm just going to count what I currently own (between collections, ports and whatnots). As I'm not a collector I'm not attached to versions I no longer have the means to play so they left along with my old systems.

MGS1: 2 times.
VR Missions: 2 times.
MGS2: 5 times.
MGS3: 5 times.
MGS Portable Ops: 2 times.
MGS4: 3 times.
MGS Peace Walker: 7 times.
MGSV (GZ and PP): 4 times.

Funny enough, PW is my least favorite

Oct 27, 2017
I feel like the only game I triple dipped on is Stardew Valley. PS4, Switch, then android.

Just godamn love that game.

Chrono Trigger is the only other one I can think of.

Andrain18

Apr 19, 2018
Orange County CA
Couple times. Notably for GTA 5. on 360, One, and PC.

My shame though is RE4........ Bought it on Gamecube, PS2, Mobile, Wii, PS3, Xbox One, PC and Switch. It's the gift that keeps on giving.

Dec 21, 2017
Halo Combat Evolved
2 copies on Xbox, PC disc, Xbox 360, Halo The Master Chief Collection Xbox One, Halo The Master Chief Collection Steam.

JMY86

Oct 27, 2017
United States
I have purchased Dark Souls/Remastered a total of seven times:

Dark Souls:
Xbox 360 x2
PS3 x 1
PC x 1

Remastered:
Xbox One x1
PS4 x1
PC x 1

Trieu

Feb 22, 2019
Lots of people in here already mentioned the in my eyes "important" ones.

My list of timeless games that I consider must have and I am ready to (or already have) double/triple/quadrupe dip are :

Final Fantasy (many entries)
Silent Hill 1,2,3
Metal Gear Solid games (nearly all of them)
Resident Evil (nearly all mainline games. Of course there are bad ones like 6) I even own the DS version of RE1
FROM Software games. I'd love to have the Trilogy for Playstation even though I have all games on PC.

I wish there was a way to have all those amazing timeless Nintendo games in one spot. Like a Nintendo Switch that had the entire Zelda/DonkeyKong/Mario/Metroid etc. library playable.

For me it is less about actually "dipping again", but rather having games in an eternal ecosystem that I could always easily access (if that makes sense). That is also why I love physical games and value Backwards Compatibility so highly

Wetalo

Feb 9, 2018
I uh... Quadruple-dipped on RE4 I think?

Wii, PS3, PS4, PC

... Yeah. If I get a Switch I'll probably quintuple it.

Oct 27, 2017
Resident Evil Remake.

I currently own it on PS4 and Xbox One, and inevitably I'll want it for digital collection's sake on Steam now I'm on PC.

My shame though is the GameCube version. At one point used GameCube's were so cheap that I'd buy a GC and REmake, play it, sell it, then a couple of years down the line do it again. I have done that numerous times between first playing it on GC and the PS4 release.

Grue

Sep 7, 2018
I swear I didn't know Stardew was available on mobile (yeah, come at me) and now I fear for my productivity.

To answer OP, I think Tetris. I've pretty much had or tried a version of it on every platform I've ever owned.

TechnicPuppet

Oct 28, 2017
I did it with Minecraft. I suspect I'll end up doing it with Dragon Quest Builders as well. Stardew Valley is also a possibility.

amanset

Oct 28, 2017
Rez
PS2, Xbox 360, PS4, PC

I'd get it on the Dreamcast except I have a difficult relationship with that console. It is my only console to every fail on me. And I've had two do it.

modestb

Alt-Account
Banned
Jan 24, 2019
The story of how I bought Mass Effect 2 three times in one night

Got the $60 digital deluxe edition on release. Unfortunately there was an issue with my CD key that they said could take a few days to fix. ME1 is one of my top games of all time, you think I'm waiting for a fuckin' CS rep to get me a new key? Naw dog, I'm buying another copy of the game, but just the regular $50 version of course so I can save a few bucks.

Now you might say to yourself "Modest, would a regular edition Mass Effect 2 code even unlock a deluxe edition version?" Fucking great question reader, where were you 10 years ago when I bought it?!?!? Yeah it didn't work. Now you might say "why didnt you just download the regular version then you weirdo". You think I'm going to wait a whole 'nother day to download the regular version when I've got the deluxe installed?!?! Hell no!!

So then I buy another deluxe edition, put that key in, all is well.

I justify this by giving the other two keys to friends of min, but, lets be real okay? It was worth it.

raketenrolf

Oct 28, 2017
Germany
I don't mind owning multiple copies of my most beloved games. There was a time where I had 7 different copies of Resident Evil 4. I reduced it to 2 but I still want the Switch version. I mean I would rather own 10 copies of a game I regularly play instead of owning 10 different games I play once and never again (which is why I sell them).

Cactuarman

Jul 10, 2018
Haven't seen it mentioned yet but Dragon's Crown - Vita, PS3, and PS4.

Doom and Doom II - I own these on what feels like everything
Skyrim
Various Final Fantasys
Various NES and Super NES games - and if I could outright purchase these on Switch I would

phant0m

Oct 29, 2017
I think GTA V is the only game I've triple-dipped (PS3, PS4, PC). However, my list of double-dips this gen is pretty long:
  • Witcher 3 (PS4, PC)
  • DQ XI (PC, Switch)
  • Mario Kart 8 (WiiU, Switch)
  • Axiom Verge (Vita, Switch)
  • Bayonetta (PS3, Switch)
  • Bayo 2 (WiiU, Switch)
  • FFXIV (PC, PS4)
  • Divinity 2 (PC, Switch)
  • Overwatch (PS4, PC)
  • Doom '16 (PS4, PC)
  • Skyrim (PC, PSVR)

SonicRift

Oct 27, 2017
Hmm... What have I purchased...

Super Mario Bros (NES)
Super Mario Bros/Duckhunt (NES)
Super Mario All Stars (SNES)
Super Mario Bros. DX (GBC)
Classic NES Series Super Mario Bros. (GBA)
Super Mario Bros (Wii Virtual Console)
Super Mario All Stars (Wii - Disc)
Super Mario Bros (3DS Virtual Console)
Super Mario Bros (Wii-U Virtual Console)
Vs. Super Mario Bros (Switch)
Super Mario Bros. (Nintendo Switch Online)

And I'm probably missing something!!

Otherwise, any device I own that CAN play Super Mario Bros. has it installed. From PocketSprite to PS Classic.

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
RE4 is pretty bad for this, as well as Nintendo classic games. I've runaround purchased games like Super Mario World and Link to the Past a bunch of times.

Deleted member 7148

Oct 25, 2017
I quadruple dipped on Dark Souls.

PS3
PC
PS4 remaster
Switch

No regrets.

JeTmAn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I bought Marvel vs. Capcom 3 seven times, if we're including vanilla.

MVC3 - PS3
UMVC3 - PS3
UMVC3 - 360
UMVC3 - Vita (hard copy)
UMVC3 - Vita (digital)
UMVC3 - PC
UMVC3 - PS4

sxiebonjour

Oct 25, 2017
Bought the The Witcher 3 three times on GOG, Steam and PS4.

I think I also bought Don't Starve four times on Steam, iOS, PS4 and Switch because wife wants to play it anywhere, lol.

Cabal

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
United States
I've double and tripled dipped too many times to count. The Switch only makes it worse because now I want everything portable.

Nephtes

Oct 27, 2017
I've triple dipped only three times:

Final Fantasy VI:
SNES
PlayStation
Gameboy Advance
PC

Final Fantasy VII:
PlayStation
PC
Xbox One

Halo CE:
Xbox
Xbox 360
XBox One

SwampBastard

The Fallen
Nov 1, 2017
GTAV is the only game I've triple-dipped on. I've got lots of stuff I've double-dipped on to own on Switch.

Deleted member 24021

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Dark Souls on PC, 360, and PS3
Dark Souls Remastered on PC and PS4
Dark Souls II on PC, 360, and PS3
Dark Souls II SotFS on PC and PS4
Dark Souls III on PC, XB1, and PS4

Mass Effect on PC (Origin and Steam), 360, and PS3
Mass Effect 2 on PC (Origin and Steam) 360, and PS3
Mass Effect 3 on PC (Origin N7 Ed.) 360, PS3, and Wii U

Resident Evil 4 on PC, PS2, and PS4
Resident Evil 5 on PC, 360, and PS4

Okami on PS3, Wii, and PS4

Halo Reach on 360, XB1, and PC
Halo CE on Xbox, 360, and XB1

Last edited:
Nov 8, 2017
Shadow of the Colossus (PS2, PS3, PS4)
Soon - Resident Evil 4 (GCN, Wii, soon to be Switch)
Soon? - Metroid Prime (GCN, Wii, soon to be Switch)

Oct 25, 2017
Resident Evil 4
- Gamecube
- Xbox 360
- PS3 (I think?)
- PS4
- PC

Resident Evil 5
- PS3
- PC
- PS4

REmake