• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Gameflyawaytofreedom

• Elektra

• Roadhouse

Results are only viewable after voting.

skeezx

Oct 27, 2017
er wait.. this is still a thing?

edit: browsing the store i can still rent Eragon for GBA, if so inclined. yeesh

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
I'm shocked the offer psp rentals are all still lol

asmith906

Oct 27, 2017
I used to watch episodes of Naruto shippuden on my psp during break. Time sure does fly.

Symphony

Oct 27, 2017
Funny thing is, every Xmas like clockwork the online store I was in charge of would get a bunch of orders for kids movies on UMD. Nothing else would sell year round even at a penny each, but always a spike for the holidays.

Serein

Mar 7, 2018
I think it may be company policy for CEX that every store must have at least one copy of the 250 Classic Goals from the Premier League UMD.

Nostremitus

Nov 15, 2017
Alabama
Eragon is a game. OP is talking about movie UMDs.
Movies were released on GBA

www.ebay.com

SHREK 2 - NINTENDO GAMEBOY ADVANCE GBA VIDEO MOVIE FILM in box | eBay

SHREK 2 - NINTENDO GAMEBOY ADVANCE GBA VIDEO MOVIE FILM in box. Condition is Acceptable. Shipped with USPS First Class Package.

Amazon.com: Dragonball GT Videos, Vol. 1 : Artist Not Provided: Video Games

OP
OP
morningbus

morningbus

Oct 31, 2017

www.ebay.com

SHREK 2 - NINTENDO GAMEBOY ADVANCE GBA VIDEO MOVIE FILM in box. Condition is Acceptable. Shipped with USPS First Class Package.

Video Games: Rent/Buy PS5, PS4, Xbox Series X, Nintendo Switch, 4kUHD, Blu-ray & MORE! Plus Consoles, Collectibles & Arcades Games | GameFly

GameFly, the #1 video game rental service. Rent and buy PS5, PS4, Nintendo Switch, Xbox Series X, Xbox One, 4k UHD, Blu-ray and more. Plus Consoles, Controllers, Accessories, Collectibles and Arcades.

UMD renter, if you're out there this is how you show me you're listening. Rent Rugrats All Grown Up on GBA Video.

Nostremitus

Nov 15, 2017
Alabama

Video Games: Rent/Buy PS5, PS4, Xbox Series X, Nintendo Switch, 4kUHD, Blu-ray & MORE! Plus Consoles, Collectibles & Arcades Games | GameFly

GameFly, the #1 video game rental service. Rent and buy PS5, PS4, Nintendo Switch, Xbox Series X, Xbox One, 4k UHD, Blu-ray and more. Plus Consoles, Controllers, Accessories, Collectibles and Arcades.

UMD renter, if you're out there this is how you show me you're listening. Rent Rugrats All Grown Up on GBA Video.
🤣

sora bora

Oct 27, 2017
I wonder what this guy is up to, right now, at this very moment.

116800.jpg

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
I got gifted Without a Paddle on UMD once. Made me hate Seth Green and Dax Shepard forever. Shaggy still cool tho.

ascii42

Oct 25, 2017
I still have the copy of Spider-Man 2 on UMD that came with the PSP, as well as a handful of other movies.
Which Syphon Filter wason PSP? Was it any good?
The PSP had two Syphon Filter games. Dark Mirror and Logan's Shadow. Both were pretty good as I recall. They were both later ported to PS2.

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
The worst part about watching movies on the original PSP was the awful screen ghosting.

Syriel

Banned
Dec 13, 2017

www.ebay.com

Yes, but Eragon was not.

A grand total of THREE movies were released for GBA Video. They were all animated. The rest were TV shows.

JJD

Oct 25, 2017

Jakenbakin

"This guy are sick"
Jun 17, 2018
I definitely remember seeing Dragonball GT on GBA video at a store when I was young. I loved anime but had very few avenues to it and wanted it so bad but it was a no go.

Oct 26, 2017
Anybody else remember a few years back when a Game Gear game appeared on the sales data?

Last edited:

CHC

Oct 27, 2017
Site seems bugged for me, nothing showing up in the Coming Soon section

OP
OP
morningbus

morningbus

Oct 31, 2017
I should mention that I've checked the Gamefly site a few times over the last few weeks and the most popular rentals do change.

Someone is using these for something.

night814

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Pennsylvania

Give me sponge Bob and Yu-Gi-Oh or give me death!

Xeteh

Oct 27, 2017
Yes, but Eragon was not.

A grand total of THREE movies were released for GBA Video. They were all animated. The rest were TV shows.

Jeff Gerstmann has talked about those GBA animated carts and apparently they sold like crazy. Its mindblowing to me even after the fact because they weren't very cheap for what you were getting.

Last edited:

ascii42

Oct 25, 2017
Jeff Gerstmannhas talked about those GBA animated carts and apparently they sold like crazy. Its mindblowing to me even after the fact because they weren't very cheap for what you were getting.
I can see it. At the time, most households would have probably had only one media consumption device, the TV in the living room. I was 18 by the time those video carts were coming out , but if I had been younger, I imagine I'd have been all over being able to watch something without the TV being free. Or even better, in the car on long trips.

grand

Oct 25, 2017
Jeff Gerstmannhas talked about those GBA animated carts and apparently they sold like crazy. Its mindblowing to me even after the fact because they weren't very cheap for what you were getting.
Movies on the go for kids during a long car ride was unheard of back then.

And yeah, they sold like crazy and are the primary reason Majesco & 4kids lasted so long as terrible companies. Though both almost immediately wasted the money they made on extremely stupid business ventures.

Syriel

Banned
Dec 13, 2017
I should mention that I've checked the Gamefly site a few times over the last few weeks and the most popular rentals do change.

Someone is using these for something.

I want to track down the PSP Video of Stealth just for the custom Wipeout demo.

Jeff Gerstmann has talked about those GBA animated carts and apparently they sold like crazy. Its mindblowing to me even after the fact because they weren't very cheap for what you were getting.

Kids + GBA + indestructible cart w/cartoons = perfect for roadtrips, vacations, etc.