• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

softtack

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
krx0wrC.png

Prax

Oct 25, 2017
mugs.jpg

I have FOUR favourite mugs!

One is a Nordic style mug from David's Tea with citrus fruit. It makes me very happy to see the fruit and bright yellow. Comes with a matching coaster/cap. Fun to drink tea or any other drinks from.

Next is a classic Disney characters mug (Minnie and Goofy on other side). Beautiful lineart, simple block colours, microwaveable, big. Great for hot chocolates! My cousin got it for me for my birthday, and I love it so much that I wanted to buy more of them later, but I don't think they make them anymore.

The big portabello mug is porcelain and was a gift from my best friend from highschool. We don't talk much anymore, but I think of her whenever I drink from it. It's a more delicate mug so I don't use it as much for fear of breaking it.

And lastly, another from David's Tea and technically not a mug, but a new favourite in my rotation! It's a stainsteel vacuum sealed wall mini tumbler! Keeps my drinks cold or hot for hours. Spill-resistant. Perfect for too-hot or too-cold days. I just made myself some decaf iced coffee in it right now. :9

gosublime

Oct 25, 2017
Sports-Direct-Ceramic-Large-Mug-Brand-New.jpg

The Sports Direct Mug

It's nobody's favourite. But every workplace in the UK is pretty much guaranteed to have one.

mhayes86

Oct 27, 2017
Maryland
Climate change mug. Parts of the land masses disappear and desert areas expand with hot drinks.

3869_l-03_839a0c26-1167-437b-8528-b8087cd81d8d.gif

I first saw it at a museum giftshop in Auckland while in NZ, then found it online for a bit cheaper and bought it.

digitalrelic

Weight Loss Champion 2018: Biggest Change
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
046d46de-97ff-4723-83ae-bba124861e36_1.5ef73af3d95169192b3b63e2969c9a25.jpeg

Mine is probably 8 years old though and the logo is quite warn down. Going to need to find a new mug at some point.

amanset

Oct 28, 2017
My three favourites:

On the left is self explanatory. I am drinking tea out of it right now. On the right I got at a Happy Socks sample sale. The middle one NEVER gets used as, let's face it it, Coventry aren't winning anything else anytime soon.

Brick

Oct 25, 2017
ok now THAT is cool, I have a good friend of mine who was mildly obsessed with that game, would be a perfect gift, is there an official version of the mug I can have a link to? I just had a browse and the scaling of the face on some of the one's I've seen looks off
Sadly, I wasn't able to find an official one, I got mine from an Etsy page.

Xavien

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 3, 2017
Got these bad boys for the 30th Anniversary of Final Fantasy in a temporary pop-up shop:
unnamed-1.png

Love em so much.

Oct 27, 2017
Sports-Direct-Ceramic-Large-Mug-Brand-New.jpg

The Sports Direct Mug

It's nobody's favourite. But every workplace in the UK is pretty much guaranteed to have one.

You're not wrong. No one is entirely sure who brought it in to my office, but no one has claimed it.

I used to have a white one with a big black barcode on the side with "Ain't gonna be your bitch" written in small letters where the barcode numbers normally go. It went missing from the office kitchen.

Vanillalite

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I prefer a mug that you can get your whole hand into the handle. Much more comfortable.

Like this! Wonderful.

A lot of cups are tiny basically 8-10oz max and they have small handles. I have this C++ one I got for Father's Day so I use it at work. That being said I'm with you.

Give me larger cups any day of the week that have more room and bigger handles. Plus on the weekends a lot of times I want like what amounts to a cup and a half of the small cups which means I'd have to make another cup.

My new Pete the Cat mug my 1 yo daughter just got me is now my go to weekend cup cause I can just make one big cup in that and be good to go.

thebeeks

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Texas, USA
gxZEGo5h.jpg

Mug 1 is from a campground/cabin rental area in the Kiamichi Mountains where my partner and I spent our 10 year anniversary.
Mug 2 is from when I worked at The Disney Store a lifetime ago. I love Fantasia.

Deleted member 11976

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
These look really good. I just end up buying one (a bit on the expensive side).
They are definitely expensive but I found they're worth it. In my experience, the feel of the cup is really nice (especially the exposed texture on the bottom), the handle is comfy, the weight is appropriately hefty, the lip feels nice to drink from, and it holds heat for a long time. Hope you enjoy!

May 19, 2020
Is there any research on how much lead gets into coffee from ceramic foodware? Is it a real risk over time?
I believe similar to like the California warnings for cancer-causing chemicals it's more of a consumer choice issue then anything that has been seriously studied unfortunately. If I'm not mistaken the FDA allows for a certain amount of lead and cadmium in ceramics. I just prefer to purchase stuff that is noted as lead-free, especially stuff that will be heated up or hold heated liquids.

Red

Oct 26, 2017
I believe similar to like the California warnings for cancer-causing chemicals it's more of a consumer choice issue then anything that has been seriously studied unfortunately. If I'm not mistaken the FDA allows for a certain amount of lead and cadmium in ceramics. I just prefer to purchase stuff that is noted as lead-free, especially stuff that will be heated up or hold heated liquids.
I agree, but for me it's due to a concern that lead might get into food or drink if a mug is scratched or chipped. I've never been able to find good info about it. I don't know if that's irrational or not simply because I've never seen solid info about it.

May 19, 2020
I agree, but for me it's due to a concern that lead might get into food or drink if a mug is scratched or chipped. I've never been able to find good info about it. I don't know if that's irrational or not simply because I've never seen solid info about it.
To be totally candid I believe it's a bit of irrationality mixed with a lack of reputable studies done on it. The lead and cadmium are most definitely in those glazes, especially those cheap-ass mass produced logo mugs but to what extent it affects our bodies is not known (unless you just have very obvious lead poisoning). Here are the FDA regulations on lead contents for plates, drinking vessels and flatware: https://www.fda.gov/media/71764/download

Niks

Oct 25, 2017
Always have wanted a simple design like this.
Shame making custom mugs is expensive.

6luRyXO.jpg

djplaeskool

Oct 26, 2017
My little sister got me this for xmas a few years back.
Probably from an Etsy store, but I've grown fond of it.

JQAEZop.jpg

Oct 25, 2017
I like drinking out of large beer steins
This thing I have now is cheap but it's like 35oz if filled to the brim, mostly due to how tall it is, huge handle
I don't even put beer in it it's usually water, I just like the format it's comfortable for large hands and big thirsts

Anybody got any leads on some more sweet monster mugs like 24-36oz?

Last edited:

Shoes

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Just graduated with my Masters and my partner gifted me with this one. Love the design.

P6370_710-06174_01_full.jpg
Oh wow, I love the art, that's awesome!

I've been using this one that I got when they clearanced out a bunch of old Twitch stuff. It's an oversize mug but it works perfectly for the amount of coffee I drink!

61AWTyALByL._AC_SL1500_.jpg