BAD

Oct 25, 2017
USA
It was good to have a storefront from a company that 1) had to also worry about selling physical stuff 2) does not have digital content of its own to hide behind a paywall and 3) had deep pockets to do real deals. I don't mind all the crappy small storefronts for rentals, and after all it's a buyer beware type market even for purchases. But if we say only super good storefronts should be allowed that leaves us with 2-3 choices which has destroyed consumer focused measures in so many other industries. I guess I am skeptical of ATT/Comcast more than I am worried about the Walmart conglomerate.
Is there anything FandangoNOW does that you think is a problem? They seem good to me.

Not sure what the benefit of physical retailers is on a digital storefront in Vudu's case.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
Yea, but Walmart was at least an outsider to the digital content world and gave them competition, whereas Comcast ATT are most definitely not in the same boat.

Yeah that kinda worries me. When you have exclusive stuff under your belt, I worry about restrictions and competition. Vudu's best feature was being an all-in-one service, and it's possible that it may not be the case, going forward :/ That's always been my biggest concern with being bought out.

AndyD

Mambo Number PS5
Oct 27, 2017
Nashville
Not sure what the benefit of physical retailers is on a digital storefront in Vudu's case.
The pure size of Walmart in negotiating for physical movies could have give them an edge in the digital storefront. "If you want to sell X movie in our retail stores, you must also sell the digital counterpart in my digital store".

BAD

Oct 25, 2017
USA
The pure size of Walmart in negotiating for physical movies could have give them an edge in the digital storefront. "If you want to sell X movie in our retail stores, you must also sell the digital counterpart in my digital store".
Is there any movie they weren't already allowed to sell? I'm not sure I get this scenario. In fact, FandangoNOW and Vudu seem to already have had similar selection: they both carry Disney's movies in 4K for example while iTunes still doesn't due to pricing disagreements.

AndyD

Mambo Number PS5
Oct 27, 2017
Nashville
As I understand it FandangoNow has been really mixed on HDR and advanced audio features, whereas Vudu has done a really good job. Not just on flagship titles like Disney movies but across the board. All in all, the service may continue to be good, but it's one less strong player in the field.

2 gifts from FrsDvl

GiftBot

Official Giveaway Bot
Verified
Mar 7, 2018

Giveaway

Restrictions:
Hello, I am bot! I come bearing 2 gifts from FrsDvl FrsDvl!

This is a lightning raffle that will expire in 1 hour. The winner will be drawn at random! Any prizes leftover after the deadline will become available on a first-come first-serve basis.

FrsDvl said:
A couple more codes for all my Canadian friends. So needles to say

CANADA ONLY!!

Redeem @ paramountdigitalcopy.com

These are our awesome prizes:

Deleted member 48201

User requested account closure
Banned
Sep 29, 2018
Does anyone know if you can upgrade a HD movie to 4K on Google play movies with a code from a 4K movie ?

I'm asking cause Google customer service is useless and driving me crazy. I bought the dark knight trilogy 4K but it was HD instead of 4K so I got a refund but for some reason the movies are still in my library and they can't remove them and I can't buy the 4K cause it says I own them already.

Syriel

Banned
Dec 13, 2017
Does anyone know if you can upgrade a HD movie to 4K on Google play movies with a code from a 4K movie ?

I'm asking cause Google customer service is useless and driving me crazy. I bought the dark knight trilogy 4K but it was HD instead of 4K so I got a refund but for some reason the movies are still in my library and they can't remove them and I can't buy the 4K cause it says I own them already.

If you are using Movies Anywhere you can redeem the 4K MA code from the disc on MA and then it will port.

1 gift from FrsDvl

GiftBot

Official Giveaway Bot
Verified
Mar 7, 2018

Giveaway

Restrictions:
Hello, I am bot! I come bearing 1 gift from FrsDvl FrsDvl!

This is a lightning raffle that will expire in 1 hour. The winner will be drawn at random! Any prizes leftover after the deadline will become available on a first-come first-serve basis.

FrsDvl said:
US Code

Redeem at Movieredeem.com

These are our awesome prizes:

• Movie Movie: The Evil Dead 1981 - Won by Syriel Syriel (16 entries)

Vinc

Oct 25, 2017
What's the cheapest way I can get the Harry Potter movies in 4k in Canada? I've been watching the price on the 4k set for months and it never seems to go down to a reasonable level. I really want to marathon these movies during this lockdown if I can.

Syriel

Banned
Dec 13, 2017
What's the cheapest way I can get the Harry Potter movies in 4k in Canada? I've been watching the price on the 4k set for months and it never seems to go down to a reasonable level. I really want to marathon these movies during this lockdown if I can.

Right now? $70 USD via Vudu, port to MA, port to Google Play CA.

It's been down to $60 before on Vudu, but lower prices from code resellers really only happen when the disc set offs on blowout over the holidays.

If you need help I can walk you through account setup.

Deleted member 48201

User requested account closure
Banned
Sep 29, 2018

They are on sale now on the Google Play for $8 CAD each.

Oct 28, 2017
You guys remember that episode of Star Trek TNG when Worf married Troi? Yeah, that could have been a movie but it's a really bad clue. And here is a worse clue. What if the rat releases AntMan from the quantum realm is really Templeton from Charlotte's Web?

(Its been a few months, gimme sometime to get my mojo back)

Oct 26, 2017
You guys remember that episode of Star Trek TNG when Worf married Troi? Yeah, that could have been a movie but it's a really bad clue. And here is a worse clue. What if the rat releases AntMan from the quantum realm is really Templeton from Charlotte's Web?

Huh? Are we supposed to guess he movie title and the winner gets said code?

Arttemis

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017

Beauty and the Beast, but the French live action version that came out prior to Disney's.

Also,

Dark Waters

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I gotta say the way movies anywhere and the other providers actually made it easier to watch my movies is still almost wondrously unexpected for the entertainment industry.

Ashhong

Oct 26, 2017
I would grab them at that price then. Not likely to beat it. $45 US for the full set is cheaper than any pricing I've seen.

They're $15 US each on Google Play US with the complete collection being $70 US, same as Vudu.
It's been a while but I think the HD box set from before Moviesanywhere was an iTunes code? If you find that code somewhere it'll still upgrade to 4k for free right? I only assume this because I have the full set in 4k in MA and only bought the code separately years ago

Oct 28, 2017

Nope

Huh? Are we supposed to guess he movie title and the winner gets said code?

Yes, but to fully grasp the nonesense that is Bad Trivia, you have to go back to around post # 1950 of this thread to see the birth of how this works

Beauty and the Beast, but the French live action version that came out prior to Disney's.

Also,

Dark Waters

Noper

Lothars

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Parallels is the episode name I think