• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

How you will play in your first playthrough?

• 60 FPS mode

Votes: 429 71.3%
  • Fidelity mode ( higher resolutions / improved graphical features )

Votes: 90 15.0%
  • Depend what graphic ( visuals) upgrades will be offered

Votes: 83 13.8%

• Total voters

Bedameister

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
Yeah I want that eye candy. In Fotza Horizon 4 I switched between 30 and FPS a lot at the beginning but in the end went for those sweet graphics. Stable 30 FPS are perfectly fine for almost all games in my book.

Kazooie

Jul 17, 2019
I'll take any visual sacrifice necessary for solid 60fps. However 60fps need to be stable, none of the "fluctuating between 30 and 60" bs that e.g. Ratchet & Clank A Crack in Time has. The best racing game ever made, F-Zero X, is the prime example for how important 60fps is:
www.youtube.com

F-Zero X - 60fps Nintendo eShop Trailer (Wii U)

F-Zero X blasts onto Wii U Virtual Console via Nintendo eShop in glorious 60Hz on Thursday 3rd November 2016!Official site: http://ow.ly/rSxG305HrwOWii U on ...
Looks like hell, plays like heaven.

BeI

Dec 9, 2017
60 fps is good, but I'd also want good latency. I was playing Halo on Xbox One X lately and it felt a bit sluggish to aim, so I'd take any extra options that would lower the input lag.

UltimateHigh

Oct 25, 2017
if devs aren't targeting 60fps next gen, then their priorities are jacked up.

or at least give people a rock solid 60fps (or better) performance option.

options are fine.

Yrch

Oct 29, 2017
Higher FPS over everything.
It's sad that it's still not standard on current Gen and likely won't be next.

Linus815

Oct 29, 2017
Era says 60. I guarantee the wider market wants eye candy.

and yet some of the most popular console games are 60 fps games. fortnite, siege, cod, fifa.

and the most consistently popular pc games run on toasters like csgo, valorant, lol, dota2.

30 fps is not a "dealbraker" for most people but even if the "average" casual player doesnt know specifically about the definition of framerate, they certainly will gravitate towards games that have higher framerates because, they are simply better to play. Better motion clarity, less input latency.

there seems to be a considerably bigger push towards 60 fps with next gen than ever before - and for good reason.

Bait02

Jan 5, 2019
...not to mention animations are part of the visual presentation of a game and they look a lot better at 60fps.
Practical example: MGSV character animations.

RPGam3r

Oct 27, 2017
Fidelity is just visuals. Fps is feels AND visuals. Easy choice.

Saying that you cant tell the difference between 30 and 60 fps is like saying you cant tell tge difference between red and gree. Perhaps its true, but in that case something is wrong with your vision.

I said I can barely tell the difference. Like if I play them back to back I can tell (again not enough to care), but if I play them with any sort of a gap then unless pointed out it doesn't stick out to me.

And yes some people aren't as sensitive to this as others, so thanks for pointing that out I guess?

AfropunkNyc

Nov 15, 2017
60fps is stale to me now. When i got a 144fps monitor my mind was blown.... Thats some smooth ass gaming. 144fps make 60fps feels like 30fps.

Maple-Rebel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 15, 2018
and yet some of the most popular console games are 60 fps games. fortnite, siege, cod, fifa.

and the most consistently popular pc games run on toasters like csgo, valorant, lol, dota2.

30 fps is not a "dealbraker" for most people but even if the "average" casual player doesnt know specifically about the definition of framerate, they certainly will gravitate towards games that have higher framerates because, they are simply better to play. Better motion clarity, less input latency.

there seems to be a considerably bigger push towards 60 fps with next gen than ever before - and for good reason.

Yeah I was a little too glib there. I meant if it's a large trade off between visuals and frames, most casual players would pick visuals. But you are right, it definitely depends on the game type.

I think 60 should be the standard this gen and I hope developers can find a good balance between performance and visuals at this level.

The sacrifices needed for high frame rates will be evident in the 120fps games we get on console this gen. The recent DF interview with the Dirt 5 developer was pretty fascinating regarding 120fps on next gen consoles.

azfaru

Banned
Dec 1, 2017
Hmm I think awesome games I've played in 30 fps with high graphic fidelity (TLOU2, GoW, GoT) shows that 30fps is not be all, end all of game visuals. To some extent I think TLOU2 in 30 fps kinda makes it more film-like. But we all know I'd be glad to delete that take from my history when it (hopefully) eventually comes out at 60fps on PS5 lol. Just saying that a SOLID 30 fps doesn't bother me much.