Memento

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
A guy in the other thread talked about this.

How in the hell will Naughty Dog avoid it if they have to sit on the game for, who knows how many weeks?

Zok310

Oct 25, 2017
Im afraid of covid 19 killing my asthmatic ass before the game comes out.
So spoilers dont sound so bad.

Betty

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
As far as huge spoilers go there probably aren't many ways to shock us.

Ellie dies, Joel dies, Ellie kills Joel, Joel kills Ellie, it was all a dream, etc.

Raijinto

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Yeah if the delay is a significant one then it's quite likely that something(s) will leak. Not much we can do ATM but be cautious about what we read about the game.

Darryl M R

The Spectacular PlayStation-Man
Oct 25, 2017
It's going to happen, hell we even know about the biggest spoiler the dog dies

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
Perspective, OP.

We're talking about a global disaster here.

Spoilers are easy to avoid anyway. Stay off Twitter and YT.

TDLink

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
How is something going to leak when the game hasn't been distributed to anyone? It would have to come from someone within NG.

Andalusia

Alt Account
Sep 26, 2019
This is one of the reasons I think Sony will want to minimise the delay as much as possible. Virus permitting I don't see this as a 4, 5, 6+ month delay as people keep speculating.

Zips

Oct 25, 2017
If it happens, it happens. You can't control it.

Chances of it happening seem pretty slim though seeing as how it hasn't been distributed anywhere yet.

Deleted member 13645

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I mean, just don't read the spoilers then? On this site spoiler discussion gets relegated to its own thread.

Kolx

Oct 25, 2017
The script (at least the big outlines) existed for years now and yet nothing leaked. Why would it leak now when they're not printing any copies or releasing a digital version?

wenis

Oct 25, 2017
maybe they'll just keep doing whatever they've been doing since 2016, that'll probably keep things from getting leaked.

im no industry insider tho.

Gamer @ Heart

Oct 26, 2017
Have some self control and don't click those threads if it comes to pass?

Also, the game has been worked on by several hundred contractors, employees, outsourcers, testers etc and the narrative locked in for YEARS at this point. Where you freaking out this entire time? No. So stop thinking about it again.

skeezx

Oct 27, 2017
ellie is palpatine's granddaughter and aeris dies in the end

seriously though kind of an asinine thing to worry about

TubaZef

Oct 28, 2017
Brazil
This is one of the reasons I think Sony will want to minimise the delay as much as possible. Virus permitting I don't see this as a 4, 5, 6+ month delay as people keep speculating.

I don't think they have that much control over it. This time the reason for the delay is logistics. Game stores are closed and shipping things to stores is a bit complicated right now. We don't know how long it will take for things to normalize.

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
Have some chill, OP. Video game spoilers are perfectly fine next to the reality of the delay's cause.

Alienous

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think they're planning to sit on warehouses full of printed copies of the game.

And besides if TLOU 1 is any indication the plot should be pretty predictable as the simplest line between marketed parts of the game, or the second simplest if the simplest is being actively suggested. I wouldn't expect anything mindblowing.

Deleted member 873

User requested account closure
Oct 25, 2017
image0.gif

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
Agree. I see september being the latest. They aren't going to want to sit on a finished tlou2 that long after an already 3 month delay.

Menx64

Oct 30, 2017
Imagine someone spoil the game? A terrible thing, but you will survive.

Imagine being worried for a spoiler when thousands are dying every day...

Jessie

Oct 27, 2017
I made it like five years without being spoiled on TLOU after release. I know spoilerphobia is a part of gaming culture but it's not that hard to avoid them.

julia crawford

Took the red AND the blue pills
Oct 27, 2017
Look. Joel is going to die. Ellie is going to murder a lot of people and not feel good about it. Her love interest will be disgusted by it. Ellie will redeem herself, but in the end a lot of humans have died anyway and humans are no longer worth saving.

That's the story.

Doctor Doggo

Oct 25, 2017
Lately some of the posts/threads on this side of the site have been unreal. Do you people not realize the calamity of the situation the world is facing? Spoilers and game delays should be the least of your fucking worries

edit:

I want to clarify, that yes, this situation sucks, but really, every one is going through it

Karak

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Perspective, OP.

We're talking about a global disaster here.

Spoilers are easy to avoid anyway. Stay off Twitter and YT.
Ya I mean I get it. The worry of having something ruined. But ya. This all is something different entirely. I was telling people to take things a bit less seriously and a couple people legit exploded their heads. HOW DARE WE NOT take it seriously. I just sort of had to back away from the other discussion.

Phellps

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, the physical version would still come out eventually. This is a pandemic
Which means the physical release would not enjoy the big hype of the official launch.
And the point about the retail partners still stands, they're launching a new console soon and they are going to need those same retail partners to push their console.

Opa-Opa

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 16, 2018
Well, that's probably a grade F problem.