• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 21411

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
When covid is over and I can spend I'm getting a tattoo. Been wanting one for years and know what I want but id like to get it once I move

OP
OP
SolidChamp

SolidChamp

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Isn't it common pretty much everywhere? We have a tattoo/piercing parlor in our small town local mall (US).

In S. Korea it was considered socially unacceptable for the longest time and you couldn't even go into public baths/saunas if you had a tattoo. Not sure what it's like now but that was the deal when we lived there in 2007.

Deleted member 9241

Oct 26, 2017
In S. Korea it was considered socially unacceptable for the longest time and you couldn't even go into public baths/saunas if you had a tattoo. Not sure what it's like now but that was the deal when we lived there in 2007.

Interesting. Thanks for the reply.

Antrax

Oct 25, 2017
I know there are some circles here that frown upon implementing videogame aesthetics into ones real life personality and find it "cringey" or whatever, and I myself have swayed back and forth from that position over the years, but recently I've come to terms with it and accepted that "I am what I am" and videogames are as valid a part of drawing personal aesthetics from as any other part of life.

Yeah for sure, there are ways to do it without just putting a logo on yourself or doing some edgy quote. I have a stylized Paragon wing from Mass Effect on my shoulder blade, a Captain Jack on my forearm but the bird is a jackdaw on my forearm, and a Butterfree on my arm in the American traditional style of a moth (see below)
5268b2687c8e26418dfd9da06079536f.jpg

Mine is the standard color, my wife's is the pink Butterfree from the episode where Ash's Butterfree falls in love and flies away

menacer

Dec 15, 2018
It doesn't hurt but seriously take after care seriously and make sure to wash it and I think the most suggested solution now is Lubriderm a few times a day.

nampad

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Seeing the Yakuza avatar with the thread title was a bit weird 😜
Surprised that tattoos are common in Taiwan as they are usually frowned upon in Asia.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
Congrats on your tattoo, that came out really well!

I wonder what the after-care procedure is like. Like can one still use a sponge to wash the spot, or would you just to use water. And what about cremes during the healing process. I know that sun cream is a good idea for whenever you go outside if the tattoo's not covered.

OSHAN

Oct 27, 2017
Nice tattoo! After it heals fully, make sure to keep sunblock on it when outside for extended periods. Want to be sure you can still read it in 30 years.

newmoneytrash

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
Congrats on your tattoo, that came out really well!

I wonder what the after-care procedure is like. Like can one still use a sponge to wash the spot, or would you just to use water. And what about cremes during the healing process. I know that sun cream is a good idea for whenever you go outside if the tattoo's not covered.
you just like soap up the area and wash it off, just make sure you don't scrub or pick at any of the scabbing that occurs. and while it's healing you just put jojoba oil on it two or three times a day and keep it out of direct sunlight and you'll be fine

Derpot

Nov 18, 2017
France
That's pretty cool.

I know there are some circles here that frown upon implementing videogame aesthetics into ones real life personality and find it "cringey" or whatever, and I myself have swayed back and forth from that position over the years, but recently I've come to terms with it and accepted that "I am what I am" and videogames are as valid a part of drawing personal aesthetics from as any other part of life.

What makes iconography from religion, ethnic symbols, fashions, music movements etc. more valid to use than videogame iconography? The answer is nothing.

I've never had a tattoo. Recently I've been thinking about getting something FFVII related. The logo perhaps, or Materia slots. A more exotic and hardcore one would be One Wing on my shoulder :P.

Haha yeah, Bloodborne is like one of my favorite games of all time and I love the Hunter's Mark logo, it's stylish and discreet enough.
Same thing, video games are a big part of my life. It's a hobby sure, but a hobby I'm very invested in!

I like the One Wing on the shoulder idea a lot btw! But I think that if you really want a first tattoo, it'd be better to start with a simple one.

Ooh it looks amazing! Congrats!

Last edited:

Keuja

Oct 27, 2017
Wow your tattoo artist is really skilled. And I get why you would want one for your son. I'm thinking of doing one for my daughter...

Ambient80

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
My ribs and middle of my back/spinal cord. Ugh. Stay away from bonish areas.
Ya know, my spine didn't really bother me at all with my tattoo, I was surprised. The worst area on my back was actually near the top of my shoulders where the "wings" of my tattoo spread out (the tops of the wings kinda come up to the bottom/middle of my traps). Damn, that was tender. My artist said it was almost the exact opposite pain pattern than she expected me to have since it was my first one haha.

Can't wait to get a sleeve though. Still haven't decided what I wanna get. They're addictive!

Also @OP, that looks great!!

Darksol

Oct 28, 2017
Japan

That is infinitely better than I expected. Roman numeral birth/wedding/death tats are so common and often subpar with shitty lettering. Person you went to obviously knew what they were doing and was able to stiple it nicely as well. There isn't much fine detail in it either so the majority of it should hold up pretty well. Kudos.

OP
OP
SolidChamp

SolidChamp

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Reading through all the comments and feedback again, you guys are awesome! Thanks so much for the love and support.

You really helped me to feel good about my decision to get this done!

luca

Oct 25, 2017
I went to the tattooist for the first time today to check out their place, and I showed them this picture. He just took a photo of it on his phone and told me it'll take half an hour to do, and cost me $140 which seems cheap to me. Kind of worried it won't turn out that great but I guess I'll find out in a week which is my appointment.

hands1zyjk7.png

BumbaT BrowN

Oct 27, 2017
If it has words on it, make sure it is spelled correctly.

Omg i just looked at the dates. I am replying to an old thread. What a doofus.