• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

How was 34 for you?

• Good

Votes: 163 75.1%
  • Bad

Votes: 54 24.9%

• Total voters

Noctis

Oct 25, 2017
New York City
Turned 34 in June, feels good. Uncertain about where my life is going but health wise I'm good, hairline intact and I don't look my age so I'll take it.

teruterubozu

Oct 28, 2017
I look back on my mid-30s with fondness. Peak adulthood - when your maturity and youth are in equal flow. It's all downhill from there, midlife crisis and old age go into overdrive.

Betty

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Didn't feel much different from turning 24 for me, which I guess is a good thing

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
I never had a bad birthday, I always enjoy them.
I take the day off, visit my family, get strawberry cake freshly made by my mom, have nice dinner, etc...
Birthdays are cool to me and I had 37 of them now

rpm

Into the Woods
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Parts Unknown
I'll let you know in *checks calendar* over a decade, if this site is still online by then

Hope you enjoy your 34th year on this rock.

Briareos

Oct 28, 2017
Maine
era-juxto-1.png

That amusing juxtaposition aside, good. Had moved out of LA into a much nicer COL area in the northeast, kids were young, had hit my stride on the new work arrangement, etc.

Kadzork

Has got mad skills!!
Oct 27, 2017
I'm 40 next year and could not be happier.

My 30's sucked - lost both parents and my old home. The last couple of years have improved slowly and I am looking forward to starting a new chapter in my life.

Dave.

Oct 27, 2017
At the time I thought it sucked compared to 20s. Now I look back with nostalgia 😂

dyreschlock

Oct 27, 2017
Gifu, Japan
34 years old was interesting for me because I was born 34 years after the "end" of World War II.

For a period of world history that felt so absolutely distant to me, it was weird how recent it now felt being alive longer than the time between my birth and the end.

TylerD

Oct 25, 2017
9/1/2017 - 8/31/2018 : Got married to my future ex-wife, had an awesome honeymoon in the Dominican Republic, ended my previous job, "retired" for 4 months, moved to current city which is way better and more interesting than where I used to live.

Overall, a really good birth-year.

zuf

Oct 25, 2017
That was in the middle of the pandemic. Lots of sitting at home and daily walks. 30-33 was more fun.

Mechaplum

Enlightened
Oct 26, 2017
JP
I went through a divorce at 32 so by 34 I was finally getting my life going again and met someone new. So pretty good.

Static

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
That was in the middle of the pandemic. Lots of sitting at home and daily walks. 30-33 was more fun.
Oh true. Yeah me too. It was a 2020 Thursday. I was becoming a hermit. I was also just a few months into dating my now future wife though so I was feeling good about stuff, and I'd just graduated. It was probably a pretty good Thursday.

mhayes86

Oct 27, 2017
Maryland
It was fun. Had a small gettogether with my wife and a few friends to get dinner and play a one-shot D&D campaign that I ran. It was also a couple months before the pandemic went into full swing and only noticing it being mentioned here and there in passing while online.

Amalthea

Dec 22, 2017
I'm almost done. Stressing because I'm still wasting my time as much as I was at 14 and at 24.

Witness

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Hartford, CT
I remember being happy and that I was only just entering my mid 30s. This was also 2017 so we were at the start of the Trump shit show. Other than that it was just another birthday in adulthood.

Deleted member 9241

Oct 26, 2017
At age 34 my life was really kicking into high gear. I had been married 4 years at that point with a second child on the way. Career was flourishing, money was flowing, my wife's career *really* took off as well. Everything was firing on all cylinders. I really loved the home we had back then too.

zero_fm

Mar 11, 2022
I had a very bad period of my life (mid 20s up to 33 or so) that was mainly associated with depression, anxiety and toxic relationships. As I reached 33 or 34, I started seeing things in a more positive way and started new relations and seeing myself as more of an individual. Even though my specific 34th year was a rollercoaster, it was certainly a worthy ride and I fell much stronger as a person now. Also having a better job position and a higher aquisitive power helps a lot on that. Now I'm 37 and I can say I also certainly became more confortable after that, even if I'm still really anxious.

F34R

Oct 27, 2017
I was 34 when I got hit by a car and have brain damage from the TBI.

Brandino

Avenger
Jan 9, 2018
My wife and I were in a bit of a rough patch at the beginning, but my son was also born that year. So overall pretty good. Both wife and son are awesome four years later

thebeeks

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Texas, USA
I'm 35 now and going through a fairly tumultuous time in my life. Thinking about last year just reminds me of how much happier I was.

Serpico99

Oct 29, 2017
NYC
I actually forgot that I was 34... been thinking I was 35. The panic will start at 37 similar to when I turned 27.

Zampano

The Fallen
Dec 3, 2017
9 years ago. But seems like yesterday. It seems to pick up speed from mid 30s.

vacantseas

Oct 27, 2017
Its 34. It's not a milestone birthday. You'll forget it's even your birthday before the day is out.

Wait til you turn 40. That is the one you need to worry about.

-soon to be 41 year old next month

LowParry

Oct 26, 2017
Its 34. It's not a milestone birthday. You'll forget it's even your birthday before the day is out.

Wait til you turn 40. That is the one you need to worry about.

-soon to be 41 year old next month

40 ain't too bad. It's 39 that's bad. Cause that's all you'll think about that entire year. "I'm turning 40"

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
I'm 34, it's okay. I have to work less to gain weight, and work harder to lose it, which sucks. I'm a pretty active person, but I definitely notice that I'm just not as fast as I was in my 20s. And I know everyone should just wear what they like blah blah blah, but I find it difficult to be stylish in my 30s. A lot of the clothes I see on people that I think look nice, it's all people like 15 years younger than me wearing them lol. And I just feel like I'd be a try hard wearing the same outfit.

Best part of my 30s is finally having money to do shit, especially since I don't have kids. Worst part of my 30s is definitely noticing how old my parents are getting. Worst feeling in the world

Dyno

AVALANCHE
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Been 34 a about a year and it kinda sucked? Not the age itself, I actually feel pretty great since I stay active, while all my friends are already 'making a noise when they sit down' if you know what I mean.

But life at 34 for me ain't great financially. The UK is basically feeding itself to the wolves and we're rapidly going from barely getting by to ready for riots.