• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

TK-421

Nov 30, 2017
Death Star
For those who buy, you should buy it from Best Buy with their 2 year geek squad product replacement or Costco with their merchandise return policy.

Either one will give you a way to get new ones should there be grip or trigger problems again.

OneBadMutha

Nov 2, 2017
I one of those weirdos who thinks the controller is the most important part of a console and a great controller makes all games better. Got mine pre-ordered. Now I can leave my Elite 1 permanently hooked up to the PS4 with the Brock adapter. Both console experiences will be better. Elite 2 looks incredible from the previews. Customizations almost feels like cheating.

Charpunk

Oct 25, 2017
I love my elite v1 and all but there isn't enough of an improvement for me to justify spending almost $200. The built-in battery kinda turns me off too.

XR.

Nov 22, 2018
I'll wait a while and see how the new one fares, because $230 is absolutely ridiculous.

I'll probably get one eventually because I'm weak for heavy controllers with minimal plastic feel.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
Very expensive, no gyro, paddles are just remapped buttons rather than their own buttons. Pass.
Of course they are remapped buttons. How many games on consoles need 16 buttons plus dpad and stick clicks??

Anyway, after my first elite fell to pieces and no longer works because of the right stick. I am hesitant.

I will decide on launch day

Oct 27, 2017
I just cancelled my preorder.

My Xbox Elite Controller 1 started getting a stuck bumper after ~ 4 months of use, stuck B button after another 2 months. It was unusuable after 7 months. I took it to a Microsoft store, and they told me "sorry, out of warranty. Buy another."

The Xbox Elite Controller 2 has a 90 day warranty. It's ridiculous considering the product is $180.

I didn't get enough use out of the "elite" functions of my Series 1 controller. For a $140 markup, you're really just getting a better feel.

Might pick one up from Best Buy (with the $40 extra warranty) or Costco (which I've heard has generous return policies) but haven't done enough research yet.
Ouch. 2yr warranty in France baby

FairFight

Oct 27, 2017
Chandler, AZ
I'll get one eventually. My launch day elite is still working perfectly with no issues whatsoever. I'm really tempted to just get it though. I just can't justify it right now.

kikuchiyo

Nov 9, 2017
I'm not really understanding the folks that are saying their V1 broke (unless it broke because of something outside of normal use) excited for V2. I have a ton of XB1 controllers for PC, my Xbox and now iOS, but I couldn't plunk down so much money if the first version broke on me.

Falus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
CDDA6-FB6-9-F34-474-D-AAD7-A42-A32997-D93.jpg

im currently using this dock to charge my elite v1 and Scorpio controller. Does this means I'm fucked if I sell my elite v1 and buy the v2? :(

Oct 25, 2017
Zero hype. Doesn't add enough new features, my old elite still going strong, and they took out the removable AA eneloop battery option.
There's enough really good changes here for me to upgrade from my existing Elite controller. However the internal, rechargable battery is a complete deal-breaker.

With my current Elite I never have to worry about batteries because if it dies when I'm using it, I just slot in a couple fresh Eneloops and charge up the dead ones. I don't want to have to worry about making sure that my controller is topped off, or deal with the fact that over time this controller will naturally hold less and less charge until one day it will have to stay plugged in to even work.

Call me an old man for hating the impermanence of lithium ion batteries, but when I have the option of side-stepping that problem by just holding onto my existing Elite, I'm going to take it.
Built in battery is a huge deal breaker for me. Being able to swap out my rechargeable eneloops in my current Xbox One controller is a convenience I can't give up.

eneloops crew represent!

Internal battery dehyped me completely. Zero reason to spend that much money on a controller with an internal battery when my Elite 1.0 is still going strong.

Forearm_Star

Oct 25, 2017
Hyped!
Didn't need to upgrade but here we are. Ordered from Costco since they gave a great return policy. ( just in case)

gabdeg

Oct 26, 2017
🐝
Waiting for the Elite'd Scarlett controller although it probably will take a while considering they just released this one.

toa95

Oct 27, 2017
I really wanted to pick one up as I've been using my Xbox way more, but with Scarlet on the horizon, I hope they add the few missing things to that controller and make an Elite version for that... Things like Gyro, a screenshot button ala the Switch, keep the replaceable batteries to I can hot swap them.

Terbinator

Oct 29, 2017
I'm on a fully functional V1, so $200(pound equiv) is a lot to shell out when we're a year from Scarlett and who knows what, if any, core functionality that may include these don't.

kanuuna

Oct 26, 2017
I honestly can't wait. I put my V1 for sale the second I saw this and was able to cover most of the cost with that.
Only thing I'm really worried about is the sticks. The first Elite controller I ever got had drift on the right stick out of the box. This one had better be perfect.

Fjordson

Oct 25, 2017
Have it pre-ordered. Can't wait.

The original Elite is the best controller I've ever used, but my right stick started to drift about two months ago so it's time for an upgrade.

Deleted member 41178

User requested account closure
Banned
Mar 18, 2018
Pre Ordered, can't wait for it to arrive, just hoping the rechargeable battery holds up.

The original Elite is my favourite controller of all time/

ara

Oct 26, 2017
Was considering it for MW crossplay on PC, but that price is ridiculous

Stalker

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I can't shake the feeling that while it works with the next Xbox that the next Xbox wont have an even better elite controller so I really don't know.

I'd snap one up asap buy $200 is high for something I could be replacing in a year

ninnanuam

Nov 24, 2017
I've got a couple of the V1 elites, haven't been disappointed with them, so I'd consider one of these.

However I like removable batteries, as a preference. So I'm going to wait to see how long the battery life is before committing.

Falus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It comes include with its own dock so you don't need to buy a separate one.
Yeah but it would be stupid to have one half empty dock for just my classic controller. And it would use another if my already fully used USB port on Xbox (2 eternal drive and my actual dock)... I'm fucked

Rosur

Oct 28, 2017
Thinking about 1 for my PC controller though probs gonna wait and see if a v3 comes out for next gen.

Vault Boy

Nov 2, 2017
I shelled out for the first Elite and it lasted a couple of months before major stick drift that made games unplayable set in, compared to the multiple standard XB1 controllers I've owned with no problems over years of heavy use. Fool me once, won't get fooled again.

Mr Eric

Oct 28, 2017
so hyped that i pre-ordered it with the help of Amazon breaking the price @141€ :)

that will be my first Elite controller. The built in battery was almost a deal breaker for me (I'm definitively part of the eneloop team, it's so easy to swap empty ones with charged ones in just a few seconds and never need a cable for charging), but I couldn't resist this price...

Last edited:

manustany

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 27, 2017
The Space
Bit hyped but that price is not helping. Also, didn't know V1 had so many issues so I will probably wait and see if this new model has other problems.

Deleted member 12317

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Any commentary yet on how tight/resistive you can make the sticks? I like very "hard to move" sticks... I have a preorder but will return if there isn't a lot of ability to tighten.
From what they said in an E3 showcase the softer setting is the same as the current One controller, and the harder setting is about the same as the 360 controller. They added an in-between setting.

Waiting for mine, I already have the V1 but the harder sticks will be great, One sticks are too soft and it's hard to be precise in some games (the long sticks on Elite V1 help though).

Mendrox

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I'm not for one reason.

quality

I don't believe Microsoft has changed how much they care about quality. I owned the first version. It's not built well at all. Grips and RB were my issues. RB broke. Grip fell off.

V2 has a internal battery. I wish it didn't. You would be better off buying the removable battery back and just recharging that.

Dito and for that price? lol nya.

monketron

Oct 27, 2017
No excuse to not allow you to easily replace the battery. It's the same anti-consumer BS they do with phones to force you to upgrade when the device is still perfectly usable. The DS4 is the same bs but at least those don''t cost you £160.

Ushay

Oct 27, 2017
With Scarlett coming out next year, I'm holding back to see what else comes. It looks superb though.

Bugalugs214

Banned
Nov 26, 2017
Yeah the battery is a bummer and really narrows the option for people that have recharge batteries they can swap in and out . I wonder if they'll start doingthe inbuilt battery with all Scarlett controllers?

Xater

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
If it had come out last year I might have been interested, but now not so much. Next-gen is on the horizon and I am not yet sure if I will even get the new Xbox.

SpeedyBlueDude

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Nov 17, 2017
Provo, Utah
Super excited because I loved the Elite 1, but wish I had somewhere to trade in my two Elite 1's. GameStop doesn't accept them anymore lol, basically kind of stuck with them now.

BraXzy

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
It looks fantastic, and my original Elite is getting pretty worn from a thousand+ hours of use...

But next gen is coming in a year, and I assume new controller designs with it. So it feels like a really bad time to invest in an upgrade.