• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

B.O.O.M.

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly forgot what was even going on in the latest arc. Felt like a convoluted mess of a story. Let's see how things come together I suppose

woopWOOP

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Hard for me to pick a favourite prince. I think they're all interesting in their own way.
3rd prince has me intrigued. Seems to be a decent ally to Kurapika in the current scenario, but he seems like he could be pretty ruthless if things end up different
Arcs always feels exhausting and long because of these breaks. They're good but feel, but feel more dragged out than they are.
Chimera Ant felt like the longest, epic arc
The anime adaptation slowing down to a crawl at points kind of feels appropriate

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
A reminder this has to be one of the most complex arcs ever done. There is: (spoilers, just in case an anime watcher comes)

-a murder mystery, more devious than usual because there are Nen users participating.
-a Battle Royale between a dozen princes, which is played in subtle ways as officially no one can kill a Prince or they will be executed.
-the BR is complicated with a complex web of factions and allegiances. Not only there are a dozen factions from the dozen Princes, there is also the hired guards (divided between the non-Nen users, the temp Hunters coming from Pariston and the Association Hunters), the spies from the different Queens, the Royal guards assigned by Benjamin as military officer, and the three Mafia families each with different goals (including Morena who wants to attack the Princes), that are also intersecting with the Spiders (and Hisoka somewhere, who knows if we have to put Illumi on his faction). Not counting the Beyond vs Zodiac side of things, as imo that plot thread will stay dormant until the Succession war is over.
-Almost each prince has his own subplot going on, because their own plans or their new nen Beasts, like Sale-Sale's plans for the next Banquet, Fugetsu's plans for escape with her new ability, Tyson's nen beast effect expanding in a potentially exponential rate, Tserredich vs Theta nen training, Marayam being in a isolated nen dimension, Benjamin vs Camilla war, etc.
-And of course Kurapica's goal of getting close to Tserredich for the eyes, which ironically with all the shit is going on, it hasn't even started.
Well as of the last chapter, Mizaistom has his hand in every pot.

NHarmonic.

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
God, yes, finally.

Hope it lasts enough for shit to go down on the damn boat.

Joule

Nov 19, 2017
Hopefully this is true and he delivers for a few months.
I don't see why it wouldn't be true. If the pattern of putting out enough chapters for 1 volume continues as it has been for the past few years then he will be delivering chapters for a few months. I just hope things start to wrap up. That's the direction we are headed judging from the recent developments.

Naphu

Apr 6, 2018
I don't know if I have the time to read HxH since Dragon Quest XI is coming out the same month. It might take all my time.

HOW DO YOU LIKE IT TOGASHI!

UsoEwin

Banned
Jul 14, 2018
I really do not like this current arc. It has picked up a bit compared to the start. And I'm hoping this Phantom Troupe spices it up a bit. But it takes like 10 minutes to go through a single page because he just continually dumps expository dialogue. It's so dry and boring.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I really do not like this current arc. It has picked up a bit compared to the start. And I'm hoping this Phantom Troupe spices it up a bit. But it takes like 10 minutes to go through a single page because he just continually dumps expository dialogue. It's so dry and boring.

You'll warm up to it in a few years

just make Killua magically appear in the damn continent

Fixed

Tathanen

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Please put this manga out of its misery. This boat crap is just pointless banal overwrought churn.

AoM

Oct 31, 2017
I've seen them, at that point I may as well just read it D:
I did a time comparison. I guess it could vary according to reading speed, but it took me about half the time to read the synopses (for 10 chapters) as it did those chapters.
I really doubt it. I find Togashi's need to explain every detail of what is going on extremely needless, and like he is afraid to lose his money train so he just keeps dragging things out.
Oh, missed this one. You think he needs the money? It's like a hobby for him at this point.
Please put this manga out of its misery. This boat crap is just pointless banal overwrought churn.
I can imagine so many people saying this around 06-07 about the Ant arc.

But unfortunately for you, Togashi is enjoying himself and many of us are as well!

Laxoon

One Winged Slayer
Jan 24, 2018
Hiatuses or not, I'll always be there for the best story and characters in mangas. Nothing compares to the glory that is Hunter x Hunter.

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017

Philippo

Developer
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Yessssss
September has been a great month, and we're only 5 days in.

Anyway this is the 3rd or 4th time in a row where he keeps this one volume a year no?
It's a fantastic schedule (for Togashi's conditions that is), and i can happily keep it this way if it means he can do what he wants and finish the story on his own terms.

Can't wait to see Turbosandwich again.

Diablos54

Oct 26, 2017
I really doubt it. I find Togashi's need to explain every detail of what is going on extremely needless, and like he is afraid to lose his money train so he just keeps dragging things out.
Maybe know what you're talking about? If there's one thing Togashi doesn't need its money, he probably has enough. Never mind his wife as well.

But anyway, new HXH = HYYYYPE!

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So, as someone who never read the manga but watched the last anime, is this still that superlong arc that is still ongoing, right? No spoilers, obv. Is there any chance the arc might be done relatively quick now? Or the story seems pretty long, still?

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
So, as someone who never read the manga but watched the last anime, is this still that superlong arc that is still ongoing, right? No spoilers, obv. Is there any chance the arc might be done relatively quick now? Or the story seems pretty long, still?

Check back in a few years

I'm not joking.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Check back in a few years

I'm not joking.

Damn son. I want to catch up with the manga soon, I loved the anime (I had a quick exposure to the original anime some years back dubbed, and the first few episodes seemed like a really bad anime - glad my fiancé pushed me to watch the remake because not only it's drawn better but the story gets good after a little bit, plus the whole ant arc was fucking bonkers). But I kinda don't want to end on a cliffhanger.

KeRaSh

I left my heart on Atropos
Oct 26, 2017
Great news, although I've completely lost track what the fuck is even going on on that boat.

Apr 11, 2018
Sweden
I mean Im happy.. But I want the boat arc to be over, honestly it might be the most uninteresting arc thus far in my opinion. Hope I don't upset HxH fans with this haha!

Also love the fact that my most disliked arc in Berserk is the boat arc, and here we're again lol

Ocarina_117

Oct 26, 2017
I thought about this, but then I realized I'd just end up doing it again after the next hiatus ends lol
The arc has been ridiculously dense in terms of the introduction of new characters with individual motivations and relationships.

The pay off is going to be something special, i feel it.

So I'm not overly upset about re-reading the arc each time the hiatus comes to a close.

Oct 26, 2017
Well as of the last chapter, Mizaistom has his hand in every pot.

Lol, I forgot about that. The Spider subplot then right now is:

-Spiders searching Hisoka. Illumi as new Spider, hired by Illumi to help the Spiders kill him.
-Mafia dudes would like for Spiders to not mess things too much, and start helping them so they can get their goal with provoking a lot of chaos, even if they really don't respect them.
-Morena Prude as the third mafia faction, who just wants to destroy everything, and she is creating her own nen cabal while having a vendetta against the princes in mind.
-Luisny, a follower of Morena, killing people to level up, doing pranks to the Spider and trying to harm the Char family. Three spiders offer to hun him in exchange of info.
-Mizaistorm trying to stop the crimes, and fearing for a general riot.He just learned the Spiders are in the ship.

Wes D. Mess

Avenger
Aug 11, 2018
Chicago
Really enjoy the latest arc, even tho there is a LOT to unpack, lol. Absolutely have no clue where the story will go or who will survive. I can see Togashi not killing off too many people just as much as I can see him performing a full on massacre.

Status
Not open for further replies.