• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Slick Butter

Oct 25, 2017
bit disappointed with the new map. it's too "samey" after how long it took to get out. I would have rather they went for something more original
really? it's significantly different not only in terms of the overall shape and features of the landscape and its aesthetic, but the compounds are largely pretty different and unique as well. I really love it so far.

Oct 25, 2017
Taiwan
I think its because a lot of the textures are re-used. Which I think is fine. I am more worried about the AI spam. Why are there 4 murders of crows that some reason do not make noise? 3 immolators? 4 meatheads? One compound.

Oct 27, 2017
Stupid game. Enemy hunter was 1ft away on the other side of the wall, back to me, just his head showing, over the wall, shotgunned him 3 times from basically point blank range but obviously the wall was clipping in the way, then his mate got me.

Looking forward to trying the new map as and when it hits console. Hurry up!

Oct 25, 2017
Taiwan
Wondering what yea guys use for bindings, here are mine:

huntkbu6j79.png

Slick Butter

Oct 25, 2017
mainly just have weapon swap on Q, bandage/stop burning on mouse side button, change fire mode on other mouse side button, and push to talk on yet another mouse side button. mostly just default hunter control scheme from there I believe

Oct 25, 2017
Taiwan
I noticed huuge had the shift and RMB swapped (hunter mode) so I tried it, its pretty good. If nobody noticed that basically I hopfire with shift and I run or ADS (when holding shift) with RMB2.

spineduke

Oct 25, 2017
I still have a lot of the defaults, but I moved dark sight to H, just because I've died so many times by accidentally hitting the e key in the middle of a fight.

NuKER

Dec 15, 2017
Portugal
I think u can change the buttons on the dashboard (Xbox) for a preset of your liking, but I never tried.

Anyone needs a 3rd? PC or Xbox, Eu zone.

Oct 25, 2017
Taiwan
The QoL for control schemes are great.

Code:
Gunslinger control changes

Lower weapon
Added the ability to lower weapons/items while using Gunslinger (like Hunter mode).
Holding [Q] will lower the weapon (tapping [Q] will still perform the quick weapon switch).
Shooting is still possible, however there is a slight delay due to having to raise the weapon first (you will not need multiple inputs to raise the weapon).

Keep lowered State (Menu setting)
Option added to the settings menu.
Select what should happen when weapons are aimed or fired while Lowered State is toggled on
Options:
Enabled – Weapons automatically transition back to Lowered State after being aimed or fired
Disabled– Weapons need to be manually lowered again after being aimed or fired

Hunter control Changes

Dedicated Melee button
Dedicated melee button [V] is now available in Hunter mode (no longer a Gunslinger only option).
Works in parallel to standard melee attacks.
Allows you to perform melee attacks when in Shoulder Aim or ADS where attack inputs could only fire the weapon

Sprint to Aim transition
An option that allows you to determine what happens when an aim input is issued while sprinting:
Specifically, if you have ADS/Sprint assigned to the same button (current default setting [L-Shift])

Drop down menu Options:
Shoulder Aim – Interrupting sprint will go to shoulder aim as normal.
Aim Down Sights – Interrupting sprint will go directly to ADS as long as the sprint input is still pressed.

The Sprint to ADS for hunter is great as you don't need to worry about having to do the correct order anymore.

Then being able to rez red skull if you got bounty. I think it will get balanced and its fine TBH. The people I play with actually try to save and usually if we get red skull, its a server wipe and two of us left.

steamcommunity.com

Steam :: Hunt: Showdown (Test Server) :: Update 1.6.1. - Test Server

SteamBuildID: 7173829 Version: 1.6.1.1571 Size: ~5.5 GB

Last edited:

MickeyKnox

Oct 28, 2017
The biggest and most impactful change is the removal of the movement penalty from getting out of ads after shooting. I already do the darksight cancel to achieve a similar effect but making that a baseline mechanic is going to change firefights across the board as people naturally have the ability to peek, shoot and get back behind cover quickly.

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
My friends and I had been saying to "just give gunslinger a button to put your gun down lol" for ages now. for AGES. and now the mad men finally do it.

Oct 25, 2017
Taiwan
My friends and I had been saying to "just give gunslinger a button to put your gun down lol" for ages now. for AGES. and now the mad men finally do it.

I spent an hour between the two control scheme in training on the test server. There is a slight delay to shoot when lowered in GS.

Sprint to ADS on the hunter control scheme is dope af. It's hella fast and it skips hipfire.

Also the remove zooming for hipfire is great! Even in hunter.

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
I spent an hour between the two control scheme in training on the test server. There is a slight delay to shoot when lowered in GS.

Sprint to ADS on the hunter control scheme is dope af. It's hella fast and it skips hipfire.

Also the remove zooming for hipfire is great! Even in hunter.
I basically just want the button to put the gun down when i look out of windows and other stuff so my gun doesn't poke out.
i'm not really gonna use it in a situation where i might have to shoot fast. Hunter control scheme is just the weirdest thing in any FPS to exist lol.

Oct 25, 2017
Taiwan
I basically just want the button to put the gun down when i look out of windows and other stuff so my gun doesn't poke out.
i'm not really gonna use it in a situation where i might have to shoot fast. Hunter control scheme is just the weirdest thing in any FPS to exist lol.

Oh I know, I just noticed the delay. I mean I was purposely testing stuff out. The hunter controls isn't really a new or old method, its actually pretty old as in not first game to do this. I started when GS was added but not the default mode and I found it pretty easy to adjust to. Though I did reverse the order of the two buttons if you scroll up and look at the picture of my keybindings. Its not as super awesome as Sprint to ADS though as:

1) It doesn't matter the order of buttons you push now to ADS. To a certain extent as one is when you're sprinting.

2) You skip straight to ADS from sprinting, meaning you don't even go thru hipfire. Tho if you been playing hunter for a long time you pretty much have lowered to ADS down.

MickeyKnox

Oct 28, 2017
How does this work? you go into darksight right after firing a round?
The split second after you fire you tap your darksight key. This will start the darksight animation canceling the ads movement penalty that lasts for the duration of the recoil animation, but it will throw up your hands and black out the screen for a second so you have to know exactly where you are as you need to turn and start moving while basically blind.

This change means there is no longer a need for that, and making that more accessible I believe will make a big difference to how the game feels to people who aren't already 1k+ hours vested into it, making the whole thing feel more responsive and naturally lead to better peek shots.

spineduke

Oct 25, 2017
The split second after you fire you tap your darksight key. This will start the darksight animation canceling the ads movement penalty that lasts for the duration of the recoil animation, but it will throw up your hands and black out the screen for a second so you have to know exactly where you are as you need to turn and start moving while basically blind.

This change means there is no longer a need for that, and making that more accessible I believe will make a big difference to how the game feels to people who aren't already 1k+ hours vested into it, making the whole thing feel more responsive and naturally lead to better peek shots.

Ya I'm in agreement for ditching little unintended microisms if it puts everyone on the same playing field.

The other big change I'd like to see is getting rid of all those weird desyncs when you attempt to Skyrim some objects.

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Ya I'm in agreement for ditching little unintended microisms if it puts everyone on the same playing field.

The other big change I'd like to see is getting rid of all those weird desyncs when you attempt to Skyrim some objects.
I died two days ago because I was rushing someone around a tree with my knife and they must have stepped on something the game didn't like cause as I came around and stabbed at them they teleported away and were behind me and killed me :|

MickeyKnox

Oct 28, 2017
Desync issues and hit reg will never be fixed, Crytek has a partnership with a complete dog shit server provider with a hilariously low tick rate, and expecting them to upgrade is a fool's errand.

Skittles

Oct 25, 2017
Tickrate has never been a problem in this game, probably the best out of any shooter i've played. Somewhere between 80 to 120. Compared to Apex's horrific 20hz. Never been killed ducking back into cover in hunt, unlike in apex where it happens frequently. It's server stability that causes problems. Just too many people for how little money crytek gives the dev team for servers

Oct 25, 2017
Taiwan
I wish the camera wasn't from your heart as you can't see upwards yet a person from higher can easily see your head.

I am having issues with keybindings and GS. It's so weird having to take some bindings I use for tools/consumables to fit melee on my mouse.

MickeyKnox

Oct 28, 2017
Tickrate has never been a problem in this game, probably the best out of any shooter i've played. Somewhere between 80 to 120. Compared to Apex's horrific 20hz. Never been killed ducking back into cover in hunt, unlike in apex where it happens frequently. It's server stability that causes problems. Just too many people for how little money crytek gives the dev team for servers
Then you haven't played this game, I don't know what to tell you. Getting killed well after getting back behind solid cover happens all the time, the server eating bullets happens regularly.

spineduke

Oct 25, 2017
Definitely no lean - the last thing i need to see is Siege style lean spamming as people attempt to duck and weave bullets. Crouch and jump spam was just recently addressed.

CountAntonio

Oct 25, 2017
This game has perfect gun on gun gameplay. You start adding stuff like lean and prone it changes it completely. This is one game because of the lack of certain movement option and the types of weapons it's fairly realistic to take on 2 or 3 people at once.

Slick Butter

Oct 25, 2017
This game has perfect gun on gun gameplay. You start adding stuff like lean and prone it changes it completely. This is one game because of the lack of certain movement option and the types of weapons it's fairly realistic to take on 2 or 3 people at once.
i agree. and boy does it feel great when you take out a duo or trio on your own

Letters

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
Didn't realize how much I missed the freedom of not being stuck on ADS after each shot.

I prestiged, staying on 100 sucks zzzzz. Only need one more blueprint for the big Vit shot

spineduke

Oct 25, 2017
What's everyones preference? Sprint to ADS or to shoulder aim? Im still stuck to shoulder, I have the muscle memory to snap to ADS quickly (although not as quickly as the direct option)

Oct 27, 2017
Is Lasalle out on console? Got the latest update and the light the shadow event is on etc but I'm still getting the usual two in bounty hunt. Is there any way to select a map?

Also as an aside why the fuck is my PS5 connection over wi-fi so much worse than my PS4 connection?

jerf

Nov 1, 2017
Is Lasalle out on console? Got the latest update and the light the shadow event is on etc but I'm still getting the usual two in bounty hunt. Is there any way to select a map?

Also as an aside why the fuck is my PS5 connection over wi-fi so much worse than my PS4 connection?
Map rotation was supposed to be 80/10/10 in favor of Lasalle. So of course they fucked it up on consoles and it's more like 20/40/40.

Love the game but I don't think I can stick with it after this event on console, it's still too jank. Can't even really use scopes because the game doesn't render out that far.

Slick Butter

Oct 25, 2017
i was playing particularly poorly last night after work but damn. i have now been solidly 3 stars for a few days despite doing quite well regularly at high 4 stars and 5 stars. i guess many decent players have come out to play again for the event. at least i ended the night with a couple of kills and a couple of wins, but it started ROUGH. also ran into the first ONE STAR i have ever seen in two different matches.

also the throwing axes are pretty great as a melee, especially if you bring stamina shots. they can one hit kill a hunter to the body with a heavy attack if you take the perk for them

EatChildren

Wonder from Down Under
Oct 27, 2017
Bow kicks ass. I'm a sucker for a good bow and this packs just the right amount of punch to feel useful. Had a great moment today where I snuck up on a camp that'd just started banishing Scrapbeak on the new map (that I'm still getting familiar with). Had an easy rout to the upstairs section of a barn, snuck in without making any noise and realised the boss was right in front of me. Camped on a corner and some poor fucker ran about three meters in front of me to start scoping from the window I'd just crawled in through. Watched him slooowly pan his aim, back into the barn and look me dead in the eye, before launching my primed arrow into his head. I felt bad but it was hilarious.

Oct 27, 2017
Map rotation was supposed to be 80/10/10 in favor of Lasalle. So of course they fucked it up on consoles and it's more like 20/40/40.

Well that's annoying. I really want to try the new map.

This game is damn fun at times. I'm not very good at it (or competitive shooters in general) so this was a major deal for me.

That was beautifully done! Man, I wish console had that kind of smooth performance.

I might hang fire playing anyway until I've got some powerline adaptors/homeplugs for the PS5, I'm getting all kinds of lag on the WiFi which I never had with the PS4.