AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah

D-uh6-wUcAAORLB

Link here

....Interesting month to say the least. Can't say anything about Kingdom Come since I'm not playing that one but I heard good things about Surviving Mars.

And the good thing is that you can suspend your membership for the month.

Last edited:

DJ_Lae

Oct 27, 2017
Edmonton
Last month's early unlocks were good - this month they're great.

Makes up for the whiff of Call of Duty in June.

erekiddo

Electric
Oct 25, 2017
I owned Moonlighter and Hellblade so I'm happy I don't own either of these!

OnionPowder

Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
Kingdom Come is like the modern evolution of jank ass euro RPGs from the early 2000's

It's very fun if you're into that type of game.

It's a shame the director is a fuckboy

Shoichi

Jan 10, 2018
ooo KC:D. Definitely interested. I'd be more hyped if Surviving Mars wasn't already on GamePass.

thediamondage

Oct 25, 2017
huh tempted to sub for a month, the only thing is that KCD has a royal edition on consoles that comes with all DLCs, but on PC there is no such version (yet?) and you have to buy DLCs. On the other hand on PCs I think there are mods and stuff that make the game better.

i guess i could just continue my current stance, be indecisive, wait, and in 3 months it'll be 75% on steam and prob a royal edition by then too

don't have surviving mars either so thats two stellar games for $12 plus whatever is revealed in a few weeks, really tempting

I think gamepass on PC is gonna force humble to step it up

Kiraly

Oct 30, 2017
ooo KC:D. Definitely interested. I'd be more hyped if Surviving Mars wasn't already on GamePass.

This allows you the own the game indefinitely though (if my understanding of these monthly bundles is correct). But yeah, understandable if you have three years of Game Pass saved up :p

Always wanted to try KC:D so nice!

Footos22

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, same here. Dissapointed in so many people supporting bigots so openly here.
I'm guessing most People outside of die hard followers of the industry even know about the director and just know they are getting a good batch of games for pennies rather then paying full price. "Supporting" is a strong word when talking about buying a game for naff all.

OnionPowder

Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
I knew there was some reason I completely stopped caring about this game, but can't remember what the controversy was. What happened?

The devs refused to put PoC in the game because "realism" and they didn't exist in Europe at that time (they did) but at the same time you can get shot in the face with an arrow and be fine.

Kiraly

Oct 30, 2017
OP
OP
AlexFlame116

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
Nope. I cannot support Kingdom Come, even if it goes to charity.
Kingdom Come is like the modern evolution of jank ass euro RPGs from the early 2000's

It's very fun if you're into that type of game.

It's a shame the director is a fuckboy
Yeah it really sucks. I made the thread because I made the previous threads for the last 3 or 4 months so I did it out of habit.

But I wasn't pleased seeing Kingdom Come.

Deleted member 23212

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Kingdom Come: Deliverance is a pretty fun game from what I've played of it, I wish I had waited for the complete edition instead of just buying the vanilla version, though.

Deleted member 42472

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 21, 2018
Well, paused a month and explained why

Sucks that I won't get my discount for the month, but a few bucks isn't going to make or break me and we just had (Still have?) a steam sale

Obi

Oct 27, 2017
The devs refused to put PoC in the game because "realism" and they didn't exist in Europe at that time (they did) but at the same time you can get shot in the face with an arrow and be fine.
Ah thanks! I see they are owned by THQ Nordic now also. So that's another reason not want to buy it.

KoolAid

Oct 25, 2017
I would do kingdom come if I could choose for my money to go somewhere else but I can't, so gonna skip

Although of course, there's the chance that one of the mystery games I've gotten before was made by a jackass too, but at least in this case I know before hand

Masoyama

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
they're not supporting anything man. Theyre buying a game they want to play.

Buying a game is supporting the developers. Specially once the director of the game goes on record and lays out the philosophy behind the world view that is shaping the game.

Nov 2, 2017
Buying a game is supporting the developers. Specially once the director of the game goes on record and lays out the philosophy behind the world view that is shaping the game.
If you want to go to the extreme with this you might as well stop buying anything because everything you consume supports biggots. I guess the difference is ignorance.

DJ_Lae

Oct 27, 2017
Edmonton
I avoided buying the game at release (and at full price) partly because of the director's comments, partly because I'm cheap and had a ton of other stuff to play. But I hear it's competently put together, either because of or in spite of him.

His role is bigger than with controversies like A Hat in Time, I suppose, and even threads about that always garnered posts from people trying to make others feel guilty for playing and enjoying that game.

Dongs Macabre

Oct 26, 2017
So many people shitting on a game that was made by a team not a single individual.
This is idiotic. This "single individual" has a lot of control over the direction of the game. That's like saying people can't boycott Chick-Fil-A because only the owners are homophobic, or some shady company because of all the innocent janitors that work in their buildings.

Aaron D.

Oct 25, 2017
I guess there's no absolutes with activism. People just do what they feel is right for them.

I refuse to frequent Chick-fil-A but I'm not bothered if others do. That's my choice alone.

On the flip side I'm a meat eater and fully aware and saddened by animal-product industry atrocities. But going vegan is just a bridge too far for my lifestyle.

We all make choices and do the best we can. I think it's best viewed and respected as a personal thing though.

phant0m

Oct 29, 2017

You should probably stop buying games at all then, unless they're made by a small enough team that you can personally vet the political and social views of each team member to make sure they align with yours.

Any large AAA team is going have someone that has a bigoted, racist, sexist, misogynist, classist view or opinion about something, and whether it's a creative director, level designer or 3D artist doesn't really matter.

EDIT: FWIW, you can buy or not buy whatever games you want for any reason you want, I don't care. But being called a supporter of bigoted views for buying a game I enjoy that was made by dozens of people isn't fair.

Last edited:
May 18, 2018
You should probably stop buying games at all then, unless they're made by a small enough team that you can personally vet the political and social views of each team member to make sure they align with yours.

Any large AAA team is going have someone that has a bigoted, racist, sexist, misogynist, classist view or opinion about something, and whether it's a creative director, level designer or 3D artist doesn't really matter.

No lies detected.