Bengraven

Powered by Friendship™
Oct 26, 2017
Florida
Objection. Unless it's your personal preference then I won't judge, but I don't think Honkai's combat can be called disappointing, especially if you take its peak to comparison.

This one is an in-game F2P mode that feature completely different combat from main game, and many of us Honkai fan wish this is a test bed for their future title, though so far no hint in sight.

OK I suppose I should elaborate. I think the problem with this end Genshin is that it's very spammy. I enjoy the team switching dynamic in both games and I have over 300 hours in Genshin impact so maybe I just have patience for one of them. Lol

g.a.u

Oct 31, 2017
Objection. Unless it's your personal preference then I won't judge, but I don't think Honkai's combat can be called disappointing, especially if you take its peak to comparison.

This one is an in-game F2P mode that feature completely different combat from main game, and many of us Honkai fan wish this is a test bed for their future title, though so far no hint in sight.

lol Apho is not even remotely complex or anything , its still brainless combat the same as honkai with some air options
those combo vids are just the loop of the same attacks many times, basically has no depth on it , cuz control has to be simplified for mobile , and character gacha releasing each month
game like dmc had years in development for just 3 playable characters , how can a mobile game with simplified control with new character each month have enough depth for combat

atlans89

Oct 25, 2017
lol Apho is not even remotely complex or anything , its still brainless combat the same as honkai with some air options
those combo vids are just the loop of the same attacks many times, basically has no depth on it , cuz control has to be simplified for mobile , and character gacha releasing each month
game like dmc had years in development for just 3 playable characters , how can a mobile game with simplified control with new character each month have enough depth for combat
Because the point of mobage is playing on fly and being as accessible as possible? If you pursue true depth in combat, why do keep seeking them in mobile game?

g.a.u

Oct 31, 2017
Because the point of mobage is playing on fly and being as accessible as possible? If you pursue true depth in combat, why do keep seeking them in mobile game?
The point is its a gacha game with no depth in gameplay and a new character each month so people hoping for a good combat will have a rude awakening.
Its on pc and console but its bound to mobile first and foremost

atlans89

Oct 25, 2017
The point is its a gacha game with no depth in gameplay and a new character each month so people hoping for a good combat will have a rude awakening.
Its on pc and console but its bound to mobile first and foremost
Then you have to clarify what is "depth" in essence. APHO2 may lack the what game it took aspiration has in full, but it compensates by offering a rather okayish customizable system to meet with different playstyle, even if those are not well-balanced or spammy. I don't know if that can work as "depth" for some ppl, but at least having more options to tamper with is a plus in my book and I know clear the extent of what a mobile game can offer, but some surprise here and there are obviously appreciated if the dev can manage to do it.

Deleted member 56266

Account closed at user request
Banned
Apr 25, 2019
This is totally gonna be instance based like honkai and not open world right? I feel like the term open world would be somewhere on the site or promo if it was. Seeing lots of assumptions online (unless it's been confirmed).

Don Fluffles

Oct 28, 2017
Even if it's got a fraction of the success of Genshin, the character designs alone are gonna make this blow up on Twitter and Pixiv.

Mihoyo deserves credit for their trailer-making skills alone.

Arta

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Can this just be a straightforward action rpg please? No roguelite or gacha or any of that? Just let me play the game from beginning to end without micro transactions.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Can this just be a straightforward action rpg please? No roguelite or gacha or any of that? Just let me play the game from beginning to end without micro transactions.
I don't think Hoyoverse games are going to be for you. Financially, they have zero reason to not just do gacha games.

BizzyBum

Oct 26, 2017
New York

8c6d7d9b0657a2ee0994ab3b6c082b8a.gif

Host Samurai

Oct 27, 2017
I'm with you on that. I'd be down if it had all those things but price it as a base game where the gacha were optional and can get through it offline, but I doubt we will get anything like that as it's more than likely ftp. I tried Genshin for a few hours and I was surprised how great it was, but the always online micro transactions just isn't for me and I can see why the devs want to use the same model that put them on the map.

Viale

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017

Maybe they'll consider it when they can hit a billion dollars every 3 months with that kind of model.

Nimby

Oct 27, 2017
A lot of cool designs, like the robot and fox guy. Gacha games are hit or miss with me though, gameplay has to be exceptional, Genshin looks clean and fun (never played it) and roguelite elements interests me.

MrPanic

Oct 25, 2017
Oh right, I forgot this happened. So uh... Not a shooter eh? Not that I ever believed the gatcha company would ever put out a first person shooter, but I expected it to be something that's at least a bit different than another genshin/honkai mash game.

I mean, the style looks kinda cool, some light jet set radio vibes from that trailer. If the combat actually turns out to be good I might be interested, but if it's more genshin combat it will be a hard pass.

KageYume

Aug 8, 2021
Oh right, I forgot this happened. So uh... Not a shooter eh? Not that I ever believed the gatcha company would ever put out a first person shooter, but I expected it to be something that's at least a bit different than another genshin/honkai mash game.

ZZZ is not the rumored Mihoyo's shooter game. That shooter game is being developed by Mihoyo's Montreal studio while ZZZ's dev is Beijing studio.

I KILL PXLS

Oct 25, 2017
So looks like we don't know exactly what type of game this is yet right? Best I can surmise is an arena brawler from trailers and the fact it's basically guaranteed to be gacha considering who's making it.

LordGorchnik

Oct 30, 2017
Both Starrail and ZZZ are looking really good.

Genshin was such a disappointment after the honeymoon period. I really hope these two change that up.

Oct 26, 2017
For a combat trailer, they show next to nothing of interest regarding combat.

In this trailer at least it looks like you can deflect projectiles while running.

They also showed QTE which was mentioned in the press release when the first trailer dropped a while back. Of course since they haven't revealed any exact gameplay details I have no idea how exactly they are triggered.

In Honkai they were triggered by a few unique activation conditions per character, so for one particular character their QTE might be triggered when an enemy is knocked up or ignited so it's possible we will see something similar in ZZZ.

Mesoian

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
In this trailer at least it looks like you can deflect projectiles while running.

They also showed QTE which was mentioned in the press release when the first trailer dropped a while back. Of course since they haven't revealed any exact gameplay details I have no idea how exactly they are triggered.

In Honkai they were triggered by a few unique activation conditions per character, so for one particular character their QTE might be triggered when an enemy is knocked up or ignited so it's possible we will see something similar in ZZZ.

I mean...I would have been happy with knowing that there was reasonable hitstun.