• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

calibos

Dec 13, 2017
Fold Gold into gamepass for the same price and remove the gold requirement for online play....

So I guess...kill Gold and use gamepass for revenue instead.

Also, fix achievements on PC gamepass for Christ's sakes.

Koukalaka

Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
Make the PC version have its own client rather than being effectively a wrapper for the horrific Microsoft Store - it just doesn't seem to be up to the task of dealing with games.

Nov 23, 2018
One mid-tier publisher (e.g., Focus Home) cutting a deal to drop their games day one onto game pass for a monetary sum (e.g., pay per download, lump sum) minimizes marketing costs and lessens risk.

Stefarno

I ... survived Sedona
Oct 27, 2017
I don't expect games to never leave the service but details of the minimum period they will be on for would really be appreciated. It means I mainly avoid long games because I don't want to start something like Red Dead Redemption 2 only to find 5-10 hours in that it'll be removed in 2 weeks.

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
I've been thinking about this thread a lot, and I honestly haven't been able to come up with anything that isn't like a blue sky pipe dream. I feel like Game Pass has spoiled me rotten. It has delivered a ton of quality indie games, many on day one, and a much larger selection of recent AAA title than I would have ever predicted when the service launched. Getting something like DMC5 so soon after launch was incredible for me. And games like Forager, Cross Code, etc have allowed me to play and enjoy games I otherwise would have never touched.

And none of that is to mention getting first party games like Gears, Forza, etc on day one. Like, I'll be able to buy a Series X and not have to pay for the biggest launch title. That's crazy. My PS5 cost comes with an extra baked in expense of having to buy Miles Morales, but being able to not think about that for the Series X feels otherworldly.

Karate Kid

Banned
Jan 29, 2018
Game pass is fantastic for a service that is relatively new, i would say a games leaving soon indicator

Deleted member 11626

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Get more Japanese games. They're doing pretty solid so far. Dragon Quest, Kingdom Hearts, and Yakuza all seemed long shots to land on Xbox hardware, yet here they are. Game Pass seems like the perfect way to alleviate concerns about the sales of Japanese games, since there is guaranteed revenue.

Games never leave the service once on.

This is so absurdly unrealistic that the real implication here is Game Pass is so good it has no room for improvement.

Kida

Oct 27, 2017
Rebuild the PC store from the ground up and don't use the windows store backend.
Allow modding and file access for all games.
Publish when every game is scheduled to leave the service.
Include DLC in Game Pass Ultimate.
Invest in more big third party games on game pass day one instead of timed exclusivity deals.

dlauv

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Make sure cloud saving is seamless when switching between xCloud and playing games from your hard drive. Steeper sales for games leaving the service. Branch out with Game Pass Ultimate perks. Work into it fast food or Starbucks vouchers or something fun - give it some "lifestyle" appeal - although the perks are pretty good as is.
Yeah, I like this suggestion. xCloud and demo's are a great combination.
Let us play game demos via Xcloud. I don't have the hard drive space or time to download 60 freaking game demos for their showcase this week.
afaik, this is already going to happen but not with demos: you can just start streaming the full game.

Last edited:

TradedHats

Mar 8, 2018
Parity between PC and console acquisitions and releases, because as of now for me PC Game Pass isn't worth it. And yeah, I know it's technically still a beta.

Transistor

Outer Wilds Ventures Test Pilot
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Washington, D.C.
Since I only use PC Game Pass, I only have two suggestions for improvement:

1) Let me install a game to a folder without having to go through convoluted steps to make that drive available for Windows Store installs
2) Let me easily add PC Game Pass games to Steam so I can easily use the Steam controller.

Slack Attack

Oct 28, 2017
Since I only use PC Game Pass, I only have two suggestions for improvement:

1) Let me install a game to a folder without having to go through convoluted steps to make that drive available for Windows Store installs
2) Let me easily add PC Game Pass games to Steam so I can easily use the Steam controller.

To add to this, allowing users to easily add Game Pass games as non-Steam games would also allow easy use of the Steam Link which I now have to jump through ridiculous hoops to use.

GamerDude

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
The biggest thing for me would be DLC included from first party. It stings not having The Outer Worlds DLC included in September. And Forza Horizon 4 DLC that already released.

OP
OP
CliveLH

CliveLH

Jun 22, 2019
I think adding DLC to Xbox Game Studios games is a good point.

And maybe add your Microsoft Store games to the Xbox app for games like Minecraft that are not in the Game Pass on PC.

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
I know this is the xbox gamepass thread but the PC gamepass is always forgotten for some reason.

I just want more parity with xbox gamepass. That's all.

Scottoest

Feb 4, 2020

I mean, that'd be great, but how do the economics of that work, if the Game Pass library just becomes this snowball that indefinitely gets bigger as it rolls?

I'd like to see them clearly note on the page for a Game Pass game, the date when that game is leaving the service - including maybe a countdown of days. And have an automated heads up go to you if a GP game you have currently downloaded is a month away from leaving the service.

Game Pass on Steam would be great, but I don't know how any of that would work on the backend or business sides.

Aside from that... just fix the PC side. People still have too many problems with the app.

shox

Oct 25, 2017
Remove the terrible folder structure it enforces on my PC and allow me to remove said folders without having to resort to registry hacks.

wafflebrain

Oct 27, 2017
WAY more games for the PC side, but they have been getting better about this lately. Been shifting away from using my X lately anyhow so I'd love for it to be as 1:1 as possible.

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Remove the UWP / fold restrictions stuff.

Include a way to "ignore" games you've already played or own so browsing doesn't take me through a hundred games I already own before I find something to try.

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
- gamepass shouldn't require XBL Gold for multiplayer for any game in its catalogue.
- Clear information when a game comes in, how long it will be up for, so I know upfront whether to invest my time in it and not feel potentially pressured to buy the game if it leaves suddenly (you get some notice of games leaving but not much)

Or at least make it sort of like PS Plus where if you simply played a game on Game Pass, you get access to that game as long as you are on Game Pass even if that game leaves Game Pass in the future for people who haven't played it yet.

ooh this is a good one

p3n

Oct 28, 2017

This. As long as games leave the service it will be useless to me.

Also kill the UWP and Windows Store requirements. I don't want to spend literal DAYS to make a game run in this shitty eco system or wait for third party tools that allow the game to finally run (see PSO2).

MyGamingDiary

Banned
Jul 30, 2019
Totally agree with getting rid of Windows Store and XBLA requirments. Like I hate how every time I start a new game I have to confirm a popup that I give the game access to my account information. This really annoys me. Beside that make every first party game non-UWP. The recent Steam releases show that this is possible and that they already have x86 versions of SoT for example.
Edit: And merge PC + Console Game Pass so every game is avalible on both platforms (except for console exclusives)

SixelAlexiS

Oct 27, 2017
Italy
On PC? Don't lock games behind those silly UWP, is more like playing on console then PC, there is very little that you can do.
At least put some launch options... it's so barebone :/

DvdGzz

Banned
Mar 21, 2018
It's hard to top the Xcloud addition. That will be huge for me. Add Croatia to the list of supported countries for my boy in the other thread. I feel bad for him.

Bede-x

Oct 25, 2017
On Xbox it's close enough to perfect that I think they should start improvements on the PC side first. Give us an option to use Game Pass through Steam, like EA Access will be doing and improve the Windows Store, which really should have happened soon after Quantum Break released in 2016. An improved Game Bar interface that works better with controllers is also high on my wish list. Right now you can somewhat navigate it, but the font is not living room friendly + it's clunky and with some options not accessible from a controller.