• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Pagusas

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Frisco, Tx
What if it's all a bigger than MGS2 level ploy and the game is actually complete on release :-O

I know, don't do that to myself.

The Unsent

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, they're gonna make up a lot of game with part 1, they can do the same with three, expand and add lots of stuff.
When you have this inbalance, I imagine there's only so much you can expand if the second part had nearly all the big continents and most of the world and characters. If you did it this way, they can add some areas underwater and maybe a whole new dungeon for Knights of the Round, maybe a few ruins from Crisis Core but not much I can think of. I imagine Disc 2 would then completely overshadow the size of the first two and the whole last third game would feel like a crucial expansion pack.

MegaSackman

Oct 27, 2017
Argentina
When you have this inbalance, I imagine there's only so much you can expand if the second part had most of the world and characters. If you did it this way, They can add some areas underwater and maybe a whole new dungeon for Knights of the Round, maybe a few ruins from Crisis Core but not much I can think of. I imagine Disc 2 would then completely overshadow the size of the first two and the whole last third would feel like a crucial expansion pack.

They might expand on Wutai, Yuffie and Vincent considering Wutai is mentioned in the last trailer.
In any case, it's really far away, I don't think even part 1 will give us an idea of how things will be in future releases.

The Unsent

Oct 25, 2017
They might expand on Wutai, Yuffie and Vincent considering Wutai is mentioned in the last trailer.
In any case, it's really far away, I don't think even part 1 will give us an idea of how things will be in future releases.
I guess you have to go to Wutai ealier on when Aeris can contribute and when you have the tiny bronco about half way through.

DrForester

Mod of the Year 2006
Oct 25, 2017
It really needs to be two parts. Otherwise world travel is going to really suck.

Deleted member 11421

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
After playing something like assassins creed odyssey with the sheer immensity and detail of its open world i find it hard to believe that ff7 couldnt get similar treatment

Ubisoft is like four times the size of Square Enix, and that's including the western divisions working on a big Avengers game...Ubi also have a lot of shared resources and experience from the many other open world games they've released, not to mention sailing is a helluva lot slower than a hypothetical controllable Highwind.

The Unsent

Oct 25, 2017
It really needs to be two parts. Otherwise world travel is going to really suck.
Again, It might be ok if part 2 ends in the mountains (and a new dramactic climax) of the eastern continent, then you get Cid's boat fixed in the next chaper and the world isn't broken up randomly. Then the ocean and isles as part of part 3.

htp314

Oct 31, 2017
3 would be enough, but knowing Square Enix they will surely screw up and make it 6 parts or something and it will take 15 years before the game is finished.