Oct 28, 2017
iYeRFRg.jpeg

Did he have to harness himself and hang over traffic? Below is The Roosevelt Expressway and the above is Broad St in North Philly. How the hell did he do this?

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
if you want a fun time being anxious, google 'heaven spots'

NickatNite

Oct 27, 2017
California
Strapped themselves within a harness and have the harness tied to a car.

Also, what's the traffic like at 3am? Could have stopped a vehicle underneath and used a ladder to reach the spot.

graffiti_mexico_bridge_04.jpg

graffiti_mexico_bridge_02.jpg

OP
OP
Soapbox Killer
Oct 28, 2017
Yeah, half of these dudes are more about doing crazy climbs for a tag rather than the actual art.

There is a dude name "Shamwow" who must be out of his god damn mind. I see it on the way to work and it is insane where his tags are.

Also, what's the traffic like at 3am? Could have stopped a vehicle underneath and used a ladder to reach the spot.

It's the second busiest road in the city besides I-95. It will ALWAYS be cars flying under.

OP
OP
Soapbox Killer
Oct 28, 2017

Carbon

Deploying the stealth Cruise Missile
Oct 27, 2017

graffiti_mexico_bridge_04.jpg

graffiti_mexico_bridge_02.jpg
I'm not overly fearful of heights, but I do have a healthy respect for them.
This is insane.

OP
OP
Soapbox Killer
Oct 28, 2017
A large aspect of doing graffiti is putting your mark in difficult/daring spots, it's a point of pride; plus hard to reach spots are harder to clean and for other graffiti artists to cover over.

Yeah I get that part a bit. I never felt the need to hang from some shit in my writer days but free climbing, I lacked the imagination for that. Subway tunnels, freight trains, water towers, billboard, abandoned subway stations or even buildings (Boner 4EVER) but highway overpasses…talk about a bridge too far.

DrFunk

Oct 25, 2017
If he wore skates while doing this hanging from a rope over a highway listening to Jurassic 5…I would have questions.

And together, we'll show you how to improvise/
Reminiscent of the Wild Style '75/
Cause it's the brothers on the mic occupying the drums/
Taking four MC's and make them sound like one/

Amalthea

Dec 22, 2017
There's a large bridge nearby that looks like two sauropods next to each other. For years I wished you could paint kissing dino heads in the middle. But there's really no way to get up there IMO except with a remote controlled drone.

Nov 4, 2017
When I did youth work we would try to tee up business owners who wanted some cool street art on a wall with disengaged kids as incentive to get back into school and keep out of trouble. If they could keep to some agreement (like perfect attendance at school for a term), we'd hook them up with a crate of rattle cans and a piece of wall. It was amazing to see how the kids responded to being rewarded with something they cared about, and to have their talent appreciated. It also gave me a deeper respect for graffiti and street art.

ShapeGSX

Nov 13, 2017
I've often wondered how some of the graffiti I've seen on overpasses got there, and now I realize they were all amateurs.

Mantrox

Oct 27, 2017
Reminds me of this documentary about a group of people trying to find out who was behind these tiles in the tarmac that kept popping up, mainly in the US; with a very cryptic message.

It's worth a view and i rarely see people talking about it.
The method the person used to put the tiles down was kind of genius, and why he never got caught putting one down.
The journey they went through to find information is fascinating.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LYTK6QicICo

Last edited: