TenaciousD

Banned
Mar 6, 2018
Got a Fractal Define R5 with two Noctua 140mm fans in the front, and a 120 in the back.

CPU cooler is a Noctua U14S. GPU is a big boi Palit GTX 1080 SuperJetStream.

Quietest system I've ever had.

maenckman

Dec 3, 2018
I have got a 8700k/2080ti and a bequiet dark base 700. The noise of course heavily depends on the settings. At 1080p/60 fps or 4K/30 it is basically inaudible, but at 4K/60 the GPU fans can get quite noisy.

Crayon

Oct 26, 2017
I have a 40 dollar pizza box for a case. Using included case fan. A pretty normal looking power supply. Low power zen, small overclock, with the included wraith cooler. Amd 580.

Pretty much a whisper at full tilt. Which is great. Loud computers or consoles are slightly annoying.

Deleted member 4262

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I built mine last year and it's been surprisingly quiet. Got one of those big Cooler Master Hyper 212 CPU fans so maybe that helps. Some areas in WoW can make my GPU (RX 580 8GB) spin pretty fast but even then the noise is tolerable.

This PC is a big step up from my previous one, which was basically a vacuum cleaner.

SmokedSalmon

Apr 1, 2019
1080ti and my computer is fairly loud. That's mostly from the cooling system fan though which is relatively basic. I don't like to wear headphones or ear plugs so its for sure something I hear when I use my computer. I also have tinnitus though so I've long since mastered the art of ignoring certain sounds.

Feb 10, 2018
For me sounding like an f35 jet is part of the experience. Its the noise of

giphy.gif

JoJoBae

Oct 25, 2017
Layton, UT
Not running anything recent in my system but even at full fan speeds on every fan in there (which has only happened a couple times), it's never even as bad as my PS4.

Got a GTX 970 and a 4th gen i5, hyper 212 evo on the CPU, noctua case fans. I barely ever hit 60C under load on the CPU, and the 970 is an MSI, that hardly ever goes more than a couple degrees over 70C under full sustained load. And that's with having a ridiculous overclock on the 970 ever since I got it.

Yarbskoo

Oct 27, 2017
My video card buzzes a bit when it goes over 60Hz, so I solved that by buying an actively cooled monitor with a fan that's louder than anything else on the desk.

myzhi

Oct 27, 2017
Running a 9700K & 2080ti FE on a ITX in Dan 7.2L case. Given the limited cooling option and it's quiet idling / browsing, it does get loud during game in such a small case. I did undervolt the CPU and GPU to make it a little quieter. Tried people's custom fan curve and its always seems louder than auto settings so I just stick to that. If I could go back, I would change from a 2080ti FE to 3rd party that runs with lower noise.

EVA UNIT 01

Oct 27, 2017
CA
Whisper quiet so idk OP.
Good airflow and cabme management.
I also never let dust buildup happen on components that are fan cooled

htp314

Oct 31, 2017
I mainly use Steam Link, so I kinda bypass the noise, but when I play on my desktop, usually the speaker is loud enough that it cancels the noise. I barely notice it.

Herne

Dec 10, 2017
My case can get loud when I turn up the fans, but that I can deal with. What really irritate me are the case reverberations. I've currently got each leg standing on a bit of wadded tissue to try and alleviate it, but it doesn't always. I don't want to spend any money fixing it as I'm meant to be building a new pc next year, so I'll just have to bear it until then.

EduBRK

Oct 30, 2017
Brazil
I have a pretty agressive fan curve to maintain the turbo clocks, and can get pretty loud in 4k@60 or 1440@144hz. Sometimes even at 1080@144hz. I use headphones, so not a big deal, and my ps4 pro is as loud or even louder.

If the noise is reallt bothering me, I'll suck it up and change to 1080@60 (Control, Borderlands 3).

JustinH

Oct 27, 2017
My PC ain't noisy, but it certainly isn't "silent" either. There's a slight hum at all times, but it's not noticeable compared to... say, my PS4 which has a much more noticeable sound when it ramps up.

My PC also just doesn't really seem to get louder than it is when it's idle. I dunno.

I have two noctua static force fans or whatever they're called ("Noctua NF-F12 PWM, Premium Quiet Fan") hooked up to an all-in-one water CPU cooler with a lot of other case fans pushing and pulling air through my case at a fairly low speed. Either my video card doesn't get really loud during load(EVGA GTX1080 FTW), or I just never notice it. I want to move to a custom water loop someday, but I just don't really know where to buy all that stuff and I need to educate myself properly on it. I want to get around to delidding my 8700K first.

The only time I really notice my PC make a loud noise is when I'm ripping a DVD or Bluray with MakeMKV.