• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Using DBZ power levels, what quality are you expecting from the game?

• SS Blue Gogeta

Votes: 44 3.8%
  • SSJ2 Gohan

Votes: 129 11.1%
  • Piccolo

Votes: 366 31.5%
  • Krillin

Votes: 313 26.9%
  • Yamcha

Votes: 201 17.3%
  • Yajirobe

Votes: 110 9.5%

• Total voters

Turin

Oct 27, 2017
I voted Piccolo but, really, I think it'll be an average rated game at best that's very fun for fans that have been wanting a DBZ game like this for decades.

Oct 25, 2017
I'd be really into this game if the combat looked decent, but it looks incredibly subpar and shallow.

I feel that's the most basic thing to get right for a DBZ game. Hell, even a turn-based'esque game would've been better, for a more traditional RPG. They could've done something unique by having no battle transitions and making the action play it in the open world.

The good combat would distract from the story rehash. What a shame.

Kemono

▲ Legend ▲
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I voted Piccolo but it could easily drop down to Yamcha imo.

The gameplayvideo of the gameplay outside of the big moments i saw looked awful.

spookyduzt

Drive-In Mutant
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Sick of Xenoverse gameplay, so I can't imagine enjoying this on any level. Would rather have a Switch port of that DS rpg.

Sub Boss

Banned
Nov 14, 2017
I expect it to trash the other Dragon Ball games and at least be the best singleplayer one, and a good time for casual and hardcore players cant really tell about the overall quality though maybe around an 80-85 on MC

Jul 24, 2018
Looks awful. DB fans forcing themselves to pretend this looks good.

Im sick and tired of these low budget ass, B horror movie quality DragonBall games. Some studio needs to put some $$$ into a goddamn banger of a game. Franchise deserves a true magnum opus. A real AAA title with the quality of Spiderman.

But we will never get one. And we'll keep pretending this is good.
FighterZ?

Egida

Oct 27, 2017
I hate Xenoverse gameplay and this looks a lot like that. Voted Yamcha cos I think Yajirobe is better.

Cleve

Oct 27, 2017
Chaotzu, ultimately irrelevant and no one will remember it a year later, even to put it on ranked lists of DBZ characters. I expect it to be as bad as xenoverse, and I think some of you are being pretty harsh on my man Piccolo.

Dymaxion

Sep 19, 2018
Bandai Namco publishes Weekly Shonen Jump games that largely don't do the series justice.

honorless

Oct 28, 2017
The Piccolo disrespect by various posters in this thread is disappointing, but the sheer level of Yajirobe disrespect in the OP? How is this ish not bannable 😤

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Really not understanding the hostility to this game from some people.

Will this be the best game ever? No, but it is the sort of game I many have wanted for years with the DBZ franchise.

Looks like it will be fun and goes along the whole of Z which is more than many probably expected considering previous games coverage of the series.

Got my copy pre-ordered and looking froward to playing it next week.

Rats

Oct 25, 2017
Crossing my fingers that it's a Piccolo, expecting it to be a Krillin, hoping to god it's not a Yamcha.

I didn't pre-order it, but I'm willing to buy it on day one of the reviews are decent.

Turin

Oct 27, 2017
Really not understanding the hostility to this game from some people.

Will this be the best game ever? No, but it is the sort of game I many have wanted for years with the DBZ franchise.

Looks like it will be fun and goes along the whole of Z which is more than many probably expected considering previous games coverage of the series.

Got my copy pre-ordered and looking froward to playing it next week.

This is a type of DBZ game that was probably wanted most in the ear-mid 00's. Many just let it go, I guess.

As for me letting it go.....

nooRZru.gif

xyla

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
I played it at Gamescom Last Year and it was really bad. Visuals were alright, but the controls were completely off and the moment to moment gameplay also felt like it was all constructed from placeholders.

Felt like bad take on a medium budget PS2 AA game with way better visuals.

VariantX

Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, SC
It's basically going to be a naruto game but with flying. It will outshine the source material visually but bring nothing interesting to the table mechanically. As long as the former delivers then its success is ensured as long as it isn't outright buggy or broken

AllChan7

Tries to be a positive role model
Apr 30, 2019
Probably should have used Ssj3 Goku instead of Ssjb Gogeta lol

But I expect it to be a faithful adaptation of Z with some extra lore content and decent melee gameplay

Alienous

Oct 25, 2017
It seems like a game that would've made sense last console generation.

It's focusing on Dragon Ball Z when the series has moved beyond that - I think an RPG where the core cast are on a new planet, or facing a new threat like in a movie, would make more sense.

It's out after FighterZ, so it isn't even the most visually impressive Dragon Ball Z game to exist.

The gameplay seems like a knock-off of a gameplay formula the series has iterated on for a decade. It doesn't seem better than Tenkaichi or Xenoverse, just debatably not worse? Maybe they should have played to their strengths and experience and gone for something more grounded.

Arkeband

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
The gold standard I'm holding it to is SNES Super Saiyan Densetsu, which is the GOAT DBZ RPG (followed by its NES counterparts).

I imagine it'll be worse than that. Unsure if I wanna preorder it now that it's at 50 bucks, this is undoubtedly going to be half price within a few months, with DLC and a handful of patches.

Bit_Reactor

Banned
Apr 9, 2019
I dunno Legacy of Goku on the GBA was my favorite DBZ game that wasn't Budokai 2. And it looks like they're taking that approach here. I was not sold on it at first because I'm like "oh good the same 5 plot lines again" but they look like they're at least trying to expand the formula a bit. I'm hoping it'll be great.

Deleted member 1102

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Krillin tier. Full of shortcomings. Has the potential to really do some things great, but always falls short when push comes to shove. Ultimately disappointing.

Couldn't put it better myself. I really want to give it a try but the gameplay combined with the fact it's the 800th retelling of DBZ puts me off.

Sebalt

Oct 28, 2017
It won't top Legacy of Goku 2/3 but I sure hope it comes close

It will absolutely shit on Legacy of Goku games, they're good for their time but Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot is doing the same things way, waaaay better (thankfully since it's a modern game versus a Game Boy Advance title but still). I put off my nostalgia googles when I tried to replay the second game for a moment some months ago, it aged horribly.

Raxious

Oct 27, 2017
I believe it scored 34/40 in Famitsu.

I think it'll be an ok game. Nothing to fancy with, as most CC2 games tend to be, great graphics but repetitive gameplay. The areas seem quite large with barely anything to really do, and we've played through the DBZ story a million times already. The fact that this isn't even including the Super arcs from the anime is just ridiculous, especially with it being some time ago since it has ended and we've already seen Super content in both FighterZ and Xenoverse 2.

Viale

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Swimming in 7s and 8s with the occassional 9 and rare but more prevalent 6s. I'm gonna go with 74 average. Pretty solid, but mostly for if you're a fan of the series, and not much else.

talking out of my ass and hoping to be wrong

MysticGon

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017
7-8. MC of 73-ish. Fans like myself will love it though. I just hope CC2 learned how to make proper mini-map. One in Naruto games are absolutely shit.

Mesoian

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
Realistically, a 5 to 6 out of 10 that only appeals tot he most hardcore dbz fans.

I expect nothing from this game.