Votes: 29 6.0%
  • I prefer to pay for PS+ than Game Pass

Votes: 8 1.7%
  • Game Pass is irrelevant to me

Votes: 22 4.6%

• Total voters

Civzy

Mar 21, 2019
Probably a three-month code for launch (Scarlett edition) that gets taken out of the box afterward.

Irrotational

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
IMHO it will be one month, as it's always been. Early adopters (like me) will generally pay whatever it costs regardless...and may already have 3 years of gamepass stacked up.

Specs versus price will be the biggest factor in decisions - I don't think gamepass would swing it either way.

OldDirtyGamer

Apr 14, 2019
Probably 14 days or a month. Enough to get people to want to continue playing halo .

I think being able to play halo , essentially for free , will be a nice plus for people considering buying an xbox .

Absolute

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
I feel like including this incentive in the first batch is ultimately pointless. their hardcore fanbase will buy those consoles regardless. Remember the xbox one launch? Timdog will probably but at least 5!

m23

Oct 25, 2017
Will definitely include at least 1 month with the console, perhaps up to 3 months.

BrickArts295

GOTY Tracking Thread Master
Oct 26, 2017
1-3 seems pretty realistic. They can boast that you'll get to play Halo Infinite with your purchase of Series S/X
6-12 month will be the panic button in case Sony one-up them.

Azurik

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 5, 2017
Included 14 days voucher will be bumped up to 30 is my guess

LiK

Oct 25, 2017
The real question is, if they give a year away, will it stack with my current subscription which ends in 2022.

I'm hoping they would. Whatever gives the launch consoles more value will definitely get more people to pick it up day one. Instant access to a library of games. I definitely hope it stacks as well.

Bear

Oct 25, 2017
Lol what even is the fourth choice in that poll? Completely irrelevant to the question lol.

Seijuro

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think they will go overboard with the subscription time, what I imagine is they'll maybe lock down one of the big 3rd party releases for a day & date gamepass release this fall/winter (something like CoD, AC Ragnarok or Battlefield if one is up for this year). If they not only offer first party but a big AAA third party game on there that would be a huge draw.

Falchion

Oct 25, 2017
Boise
I would be pumped if they included a year or longer sub to GamePass with the console but I'm fully expecting a card with 3 months on it.

LordBaztion

Oct 27, 2017
Lima PerĂş
They are likely including a month of Gamepass with the console. With a month of gamepass they could cut the price of your overall next Gen purchase by 60 usd.

Clay

Oct 29, 2017
Not sure you know how polls work FernandoRocker, you've included two separate questions. Is the poll supposed to reflect how many months of Game Pass the community thinks will come with the new Xbox, or whether or not they enjoy the service? The last two questions are just bizarre since they don't even gauge whether people like the service, just whether they prefer the competition or are ambivalent toward it.

It'd be pretty crazy if Microsoft announced at e3 that they're bundling the system with a full year of Game Pass. Apple just did something similar with their TV service. It would be a great way to put a last nail in the coffin of the X1 era.

I don't think they will though, it's too much lost revenue. I could only see it as a desperation move if Series X launches at $500 and PS5 is $400 with similar specs, and that isn't looking likely.

Deleted member 11626

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Initially it'll be a three month offering imo. One month isn't enough to entice people, but if you know you're going to be good for the holiday season if you buy one at launch, then that should encourage some early adopters that will blow their entire budget on the console.

I could see it turning into a year if the console sales are bad...but considering what will be the wide availability of Xbox games across different platforms, it makes more sense not to bother with a whole ass year.

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I voted one month, but only because three months isn't a poll option.

I could see them including 6 months-1 year in some sort of special day one edition though.

Dec 31, 2017
Even with 0 months in, the fact that all launch 1st party games will be playable for less than 10$ per month makes game pass a good enough incentive for anyone imo. After paying 500$ for a console and being broke and barely able to afford 1 game, game pass makes it so you can try several games for a fraction of the price of a game.

Mass Effect

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017
It will probably be 1 month free only. 3 if they're feeling especially generous.

Definitely not a year though.

ty_hot

Banned
Dec 14, 2017
1-3 months of GP included in the launch bundle, maybe 3 months on launch and 1 month after the launch window.

Nostradamus

Oct 28, 2017
It's the other way around. Series X is the incentive for GamePass. Even the trials will be incentives for the service itself.

Faenix1

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
If Sony undercuts them on price, despite if XBX is stronger, I could see them including a 3-6+ months of Game Pass

WhtR88t

May 14, 2018
Unless they offer a larger length of time for free compared to other Xboxes I don't really see anything related to Game Pass as an incentive to get the more expensive box.

If say, they only give the One X (or Lockheart) a month and the Series X a full year for free maybe that would be an incentive to go with the Series X over the cheaper box, but if they literally play the same games, Game Pass isn't a very good incentive to pick one over the other.

AzBat

Oct 27, 2017
Wanted to say 7-14 day Game Pass Ultimate but wasn't an option. I think the bigger question is whether or not it stacks for existing users or if it's only for new users. Launch owners will probably already be existing subscribers.

pikachief

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
I'm sure Instant Catalogue of Next-Gen Titles will probably be used with halo and whatever else they have at launch being on the service. Maybe a 1-month promo with it so they can say every series x comes with access to all these new games!

elzeus

Oct 30, 2017
1 month, but what they should do is run a promo for trading in PS4 and Switch consoles for a discount off the X + 6 months of gamepass.

Deleted member 8468

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
If people vote for the irrelevant option what are they even doing voting lol?

I'm sure it'll just be a month. That's been the standard pack-in since they stopped the 3 month thing with the 360.

Governergrimm

Jun 25, 2019
I am sure they will bundle in gamepass but I'm not sure how long it will be. I am sure it'll be more than a month but less than a year. Can't vote because there's no middle ground. Also think gamepass is more similar to PS Now then PS+.

Scottoest

Feb 4, 2020
I expect them to include three months for free in the box, and spend a good chunk of this year hammering on the fact that their console includes access to <insert big launch titles here> out of the box, plus hundreds of other "free" games.

For a younger version of me, it would make buying the Series X a no brainer, as I wouldn't have to drop an additional couple hundred bucks on launch games. Also makes for an attractive offer to parents buying for their kids.

An entire year of Game Pass would be too much to feature as a toss-in, and one month would be too trivial.

drock5k

Aug 3, 2018
1 to 3 is the right answer, but it'll be interesting to see what the launch line-up looks like. Halo Infinite + ?

SupremeWu

Banned
Dec 19, 2017
A year seems too long a month not long enough, put me down for the 3-month free crew. Maybe the highest end model will have longer.

Dinjoralo

Oct 25, 2017
Including at least a month of Gamepass with the console is a no-brainer. It basically solves the issue of needing to spend an extra sixty dollars to have something to play on your brand new console.

Voodoopeople

Oct 29, 2017
I voted for 1 month, but can totally see MS including 3 months GPU with every XSX.

If they launch XSX at $499, and Gamepass Ultimate includes Halo Infinite, maybe Forza 8 AND a launch window of Gamepass launch games, X-cloud and Console streaming, along with a controller clip, that would be a phenomenal value proposition and one that will be tough to match from simply a financial perspective.

Also, if they can let you stream your games whilst they download it guarantees you can play as soon as you get home.

Fantastic.

Calvinien

Banned
Jul 13, 2019
Well Xbox Consoles today come with like a month of game pass. So I'm sure they will continue doing that. As for incentives to buy an xbox? Eh tbh I think its the other way around. They want to sell game pass more than a console.

Yeah. The service is what makes their money. It's why I think a $400 SX is not out of the question. They were willing to give people multi year upgrades for 1 dollar in order to lock them in. I have to think there is at least a faction in microsoft who is willing to take an early hit to get as many systems out as fast as they can. If you are new to the xbox ecosystem, NOT getting gamepass makesless financial sense than getting it.

Assuming price party between the consoles, I think three months of ultimate makes a huge amount of sense. You have two boxes, but to play the new games on one of them, you need to pay a few to play online, and buy the game for 60 bucks.

On the other, you don't have any additional fees until the holiday season is over. That's 100 dollars of sticker price difference. People on the fence can easily be swayed by a better deal.

Feb 10, 2018
If they are similar price and specs then it will be the standard one month, as they will have no reason to give more.

Fabtacular

Jul 11, 2019
It will come with one or three months of game pass included, seems like a no brainer

I could see two weeks. That's how much XBL Gold they included with XB1, right?

I used to be on the three months train, but that seems like too much. Three months would be straight up "there's five AAA games I want to play on this service, and now I have time to play them all at my leisure and never pay a dime" territory.