Gaardus

Oct 27, 2017
I was playing Mario Kart 8 Deluxe a few minutes ago, and I encountered another player with a vulgar screen name. Is there a way to report users to Nintendo? A cursory web search suggests the answer is "no," but the results weren't especially recent, so I thought I'd ask here.

Champion

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Tampa, FL
Really dude
don't be a snitch
tenor.gif

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
It has to be done on a game by game basis, which is fucking stupid. You can do it via Splatnet in Splatoon and can do it in game in Smash but there's no way to do it in Mario Kart. You can block them so you never play with them again though.

OP
OP
Gaardus

Gaardus

Oct 27, 2017
That's like... Wow, beyond silly

You do know you can block them if you never want to match up with them again, right

And that the word filter almost always kills any vulgar name out there
I mean, clearly not all of them. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
That is fucking hilarious.
Appropriateness aside, I did appreciate the spamming of "I'm a little nervous" and "go easy on me" during track selection.

Driggonny

Oct 26, 2017
That's kinda hilarious but I understand why you want to report it. As with all things online related I don't think Nintendo has kept up with the times with regards to reporting

KartuneDX

Banned
Jan 12, 2018
FWIW there really is zero options to report as far as I know. Unless it's Splatoon 2 and your issue was during a multiplayer match, in that case you have to specifically use the NSO app, go to Splatoon 2 and find the option to report a player recently played with.

It's garbage, though kinda like your reason for wanting to report a dude with a funny name lol (no shade tho do you boss)

OP
OP
Gaardus

Gaardus

Oct 27, 2017
FWIW there really is zero options to report as far as I know. Unless it's Splatoon 2 and your issue was during a multiplayer match, in that case you have to specifically use the NSO app, go to Splatoon 2 and find the option to report a player recently played with.

It has to be done on a game by game basis, which is fucking stupid. You can do it via Splatnet in Splatoon and can do it in game in Smash but there's no way to do it in Mario Kart. You can block them so you never play with them again though.

Good to know. Thanks.

GDGF

Oct 26, 2017
What if against all odds that is his real name and he's gotten shit about it his entire life?

nintendoman58

Oct 25, 2017
I'm betting OP doesn't actually have a problem with this guy and just wanted an excuse to post the name in that exchange.