Will Switch reach Nintendo's project 20 million this fiscal year

• Not even close

• It will fall short of 20 million

• It will meet forecast expectation

• It will surpass 20 million and yearly sales of any platform over the last generation (PS4 20M 2016)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Mysterio79

Oct 25, 2017
Edit: Users are now able to change votes post E3, post E3 thoughts:

Smash now being touted for a December release (when most of us expected September with Nintendo's online service) may impact Nintendo's bottom line here and change their fortunes this year, causing them to lower their yearly projections.

Keep in mind that selling over 20 million is nothing to scoff at and would represent the best year of any console over the last generation.

So will they hit 20 million? More? Less? What say you?

Last edited:

Chekhonte

User banned for use of an alt-account
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I've got a feeling that it'll be shy of that projection but not by much.

ASaiyan

Oct 25, 2017
There's a Pokemon game coming. Doesn't matter that the "real" one's coming next year. Even freaking X & Y sold like 13 million.

Add Smash and potentially Fire Emblem to that, and that 20 million target will be breezed through. You will not see a Switch on the shelf after Thanksgiving, lol.

weekev

Is this a test?
Oct 25, 2017
20 million is looking positively conservative with let's go pikachu being a holiday release. I hope they have plans to manufacture more cos it will be the big holiday toy this year.

hibikase

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
If you step out of the resetera reality distortion bubble it's pretty clear that it shouldn't be a problem.

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
Pokemon: Casual Trash Edition will probably sell a good amount of units

DomsPlaying

Oct 25, 2017
NJ & NYC
800 million downloads for Pokemon GO. Was announced at the beginning of tonight's event.

Also, remember that the 20 million figure target is for April 2018 to March 2019. I believe it will beat this guidance, by 1-2 million.

Zippo

Banned
Dec 8, 2017
Pokemon does not sound exciting in the least, but It will sell like crazy. Smash by all accounts, is going to bring the hype. It'll meet their goal.

SuperBlank

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Pikachu-plastered-Pokemon and Smash? Yup. Any possible NSMB or Animal Crossing (unlikely on that one) would just be gravy.

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017
Honestly with a Pokemon game for the Go crowd coming and Smash Bros, I'm pretty confident they'll make it.

eseqko

Oct 27, 2017
My sister who has been content with her Vita/PS4 combo is currently searching for a Switch on Amazon after the Pokémon news.

I think people on the fence to get the console are probably jumping in now.

If Smash can do the same with the Smash community, it might come close to 20 million.

Welfare

Prophet of Truth - You’re my Numberwall
Oct 26, 2017
20M is guaranteed. Not sure on how much more they can sell.

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
We still don't know the full lineup. Nintendo will probably has a big internally developed game for the end of the year assuming Smash releases around September.

Ulairi

Oct 30, 2017
Yes. I think they will. Smash, Pokémon, Yoshi, and whatever surprises they announce at E3 is a strong line up. I hope they have another Doom/Skyrim type surprise for old men like me.

luciensanchez

Oct 25, 2017
I keep telling myself it's basically just a tablet with joy cons and hdmi out that will really be showing its age in a few years.

But...

Prior to this, has anyone ever been in a position to sell a home console like a mobile device or tablet? From what I can see on twitter, the industry analysts seem confident that Nintendo will have some success selling multiple Switches to households. If that happens, it could blow all the estimates out of the water.

javac

Oct 28, 2017
With all the talk about how weak this year has been for Switch, the second half is stacked, it'll reach 20million easily.

Jimrpg

Oct 26, 2017
Easy if there's a Pokemon coming this year.

It'll be easier to answer this question after E3

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
I'm with you. 18-34 year olds are not getting enough content built for them! Nintendo releasing a Pokémon game for kids is bullshit!

Hate to break this to you (not really) but, Pokemon has always been casual.

Yeah, but since Pokemon games have always been casual and for children though, so what's the point of watering them down and removing important game mechanics when they were already for kids to begin with? Let's Go is just doing everything possible to ruin the experience for hardcore fans for literally no reason.

Aaron

I’m seeing double here!
Oct 25, 2017
Minneapolis
Don't forget the Star Fox Grand Prix too. That can be potentially big. Especially if they try to do a guardians of the galaxy vibe to the game.
Never realized how much I wanted this.

Please have Bradley Cooper play Fox.

Also, Fire Emblem is basically confirmed for holidays. That's definitely the lesser of Smash and Pokémon, but it'll bring in its own crowd.